What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ch9 grow

G

ganjygav

Hi,
So after my last complete mess up I made with the last grow I'm going at it again. I've switched up a couple of things this time as advised. I've changed over to biobizz nutes and soil. I'm also for the first time ever going to be adjusting my ph.

So here's what's in the mix....

Strains from seed are Fem Jack x5 and black widow x blue lemon Thai x2. Both are ch9 strains.

Nutes are biobizz grow, bloom, topmax, bio-heaven, root juice. I have a bottle of alg.a.mic but I don't think I will get to use it in this soil.

My media is biobizz allmix soil.

Lighting.. for the 1st week or so 250w cfl blue. Then 400mh for veg and a 600w red hps for flower.

My area is a 1.5x1.5m tent with a twin speed 5 inch rhino fan and filter.

Pots I'm starting in 3inch then 1.6litre and finally 11litre.

I will be starting to Germ the seeds tonight but 1st I'm cleaning everything down for the 2nd time since I binned my last plants.
Cheers for having a butchers and wish me luck,
GG

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
looking forward to this mate...the moon is good for planting just now too if you dig such things... be lucky !!! :D

G

ganjygav

I'm kinda looking forward to it as well, I need to get back to enjoying my hobby. The last few times has been more stress and negative shit than I can handle really. Hence the paddy last time and throwing out the grow. Cheers for the luck

G

ganjygav

Well all of the seeds split 7 for 7. Much better than the northern lights beans last time. Out of 10 I only had 2 germinate, I used the same technique so I know now it must have been an issue with the NL beans and not with me. The seeds are in their 3inch starter pots with allmix soil. Gotta say I liked the texture of the biobizz soil,light and fluffy. Hopefully they will all be poking through the soil by Sunday night. My humidity looks a bit low but I ain't worried,the temps look fine.

G

ganjygav

picture.php

nick11

Veteran
Good luck I grew some of his jack crosses and they were good...vigorous, easy to grow, no problems what so ever. I've been eyeing ch9 aloha ww g13 cross for a while. CH9 is a good company that's rarely talked about, I've never read a bad thing about them.

G

ganjygav

Yeah i grew a few of his strains before,all good results. Nobody knows who he is though. I grew Jack once before and I liked it. Can't wait to see what the black widow cross is like. I grew his p.o.w33 which has that aloha ww in the mix. Finnished really fast and was potent.

G

ganjygav

Well most of the seeds had popped their heads up yesterday afternoon but there is one in not sure will make it. It's been stuck in the same position for 24hrs now.

I've scrapped the soil gently from around it's head in case it was struggling to break through the surface of the soil.

The others are up no problem apart from one is missing one of its baby leaves. Ideally I would like 6 plants to come from these beans but it's way too early to tell yet.
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Oh and while planting the seeds I mixed the pots up and now have no way of telling which seed is which. Hopefully the one that's struggling is a Jack, I would like to keep both bw x blt ideally.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
lol thats what masking (paper) tape is for bro :)

I'd be lost if I didnt have a roll constantly on hand :d

G

ganjygav

Lol yeah I had it planned. I had them on a tray in separate groups but there was some water on the tray. So I took them off the tray so I could wipe it down but I put them on the floor in one big group. I was pissed off at myself. That one that was struggling,I put it in dark warm cupboard and its now starting to lift it's head.

G

ganjygav

It's been 5 days since the seeds popped up. The one that was weak I've pulled out. It only had the round baby leaves and it wasn't going to even stand straight. So rather than it doing my head in out it came. They all look pretty happy. I am having problems telling when it's time to water,so I may be over watering a little. I'm not used to such small light pots. I'm used to sticking my pinky in to test or lifting the pot, but in such small pots if I were to stick my finger in I would cause damge and the pot seems to weigh nothing even watered. Here they are as a group. Do they look good?

picture.php

This is the only one of the 6 that has any badness about it. It has some Brown spots that look like burns but I guess it could be that I've overwatered it. Have a look and let me know what you think.

picture.php

Every drop of water I've give them has been ph 6.5. I've lost plants to crap on the leaves previously which has appeared on every plant I've grown in last 2 years. I'm hoping this isn't the start of that again, if it is its the earliest it's ever appeared.

Have a nice day folks

G

ganjygav

Well it's 7 days since the seeds popped above soil. I've potted up into 1.5litre pots on Saturday and already one of them is just showing a root at bottom hole. Still pretty wet from pot up but I will be hitting them with some root juice next watering. I don't want to use too much rootjuice because apparently I read that it works that well it can cause plants to be become root bound quick. I've also put the plants under a 400mh at 18inches high and plants are responding well to it. Even the the little one who had the crap on its leaves is looking happier, I suspect the allmix was a bit strong for it at first but it's settling in now. I'm still unsure about when to use the bioheaven but think I will just start to use it in bloom. Oh and I'm sure I see a fungus gnat earlier but it vanished quick so out has come the yellow sticky paper. There's only one soil I've never had fungus gnats in and that was plant magics soil supreme. Hopefully the issue won't get too bad but I'm not sure what to expect from biobizz soil. Can't wait to start hitting them with some nutes but that won't be for a few weeks yet as I've got to transplant into final pots yet.

Anyway,here's some really boring veg pics, I apologize :moon:

The funky plant
picture.php

Be lucky,GG

G

ganjygav

Cheers fella I'm pleased so far and I have no idea which is which. I messed up when planting seeds and jumbled all the pots up. I lost one seedling and I'm really hoping it wasn't one of the blt. I've grown Jack before so I will be able to tell when I have flowers. Jack has a distinctive smell so shouldn't be to hard to tell which is which.

G

ganjygav

I did a bagseed in my backyard once and it came out stinking of lemons. Bonus when it's like that.

G

ganjygav

Another boring veg update. Week 2 from germination. They coming along nice, even though when I look at them each day and think they ain't growing. That's why I update weekly,for my own reference of growth. One of them started to look a bit crappy,I couldn't figure out what I had done, until some members told me it looked like heat stress from the light. I went upstairs and checked and my light was only 13inches above plants. Luckily no permanent damage was done, I raised the light to 19inches and all Is good.
I also believe I know which 2 plants are the bwxblt now. I have 2 plants that are growing tall and lanky,when I rub their stems and sniff my fingers, I can smell spicy lemons. Jack has no lemon in it. Only thing is if they're the bw x blt they're growing tall without many nodes. I'm going to top these 2 after a couple more nodes have appeared.
Anyway here's a picture, have a good,un. GG
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Well the tallest plant is growing like crazy but not in a good way. It's like a large pencil with 4 leaves growing off it. It's nearly twice the size as the others. So I topped it yesterday and today I've supercropped the main stem. In my mind I should just be culling this plant and save myself some time,efforts and nutes.
Would anybody else keep this plant?

G

ganjygav

Well yesterday I topped and supercropped the dodgy plant and then I went a head and topped the rest. The dodgy plant has bounced back and looks happier than I've ever seen it.
3 weeks from germination.
picture.php
picture.php