What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shipping problem with seeds?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hey guys I've always ordered my seeds from attitude with no problems. This time I decided to try herbies and love their fast customer service and great deals on beans and shipping prices.

However, I think I'm possibly having trouble with my shipment. The seeds were shipped from UK to US on the 25th of September. Today is the 9th of October and still haven't received them.

But here is what gets me about it. They arrived in the US on the 29th according to usps tracking in Chicago and was sorted through sort facility. Now, ever since the 29th it says they are in transit to delivery location and still haven't received anything yet.

I don't know about you but to me this is a very long time for priority mail and tracking hasn't been updated since the 29th. What do I do? Should I worry that they were seized and I could be facing legal issues? Should I keep being patient? Anyone had trouble like this before or is this just normal? It was stealth shipping as well.

Granger2

Veteran
I'd be worried about seizure. They don't prosecute. They will send the packaging with a form on it showing seizure info. Good luck. -granger

N

noyd666

customs dogs in oz don't care about stealth shipping, one sniff and there gone.

MountainBudz

They won't take legal action even if your not in a legal state? No medical nor recreational here. I'm in Ky?

So pretty much you guys think they were seized and should have been here by now?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I've seen orders sit in transit from one postal location to another for days, you got to think if there is an over load of mail or a back up at customs it could take days to clear. Ordering around holidays is the worst, one holiday seems to tack on a few extra days.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

my experience if they are through the sort facility your good to go, thats the hard part . if in transit thats great, the sort facility is where they are going to get snagged . sometimes it can take 10 days from there depending on how far you are from that facility . they may need to fly it to another major capital thats where there a longer delays. only you will know how far away it is. good vibes too you

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will not go to jail if they snagged them. If the local postal guys look at the address and get nosy they could alert the cops, but that is rare.

I have had seeds sit for long periods of time and the tracking was way behind what had happened. You should sit tight for a week or two.

Things can just get hung up in the mail.. I read where a guys seeds never showed, and he got a replacement order.. 2 days later he got his "lost" seeds also..

yocs

I wouldn't stress, if there seized there seized. Herbies sends you new ones and nothing happens. I'm sure there more worried about other things rather than a few seeds. My buddies package was held up for almost a month one time going back and forth between ny and atl and were not close to either of those cities. Long story short the package finally came but looked like it had been run over.

steve667

I'd give it a week or so. I've had packages show up on tracking and sit for a while. They will most likely show up in a few days.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They won't take legal action even if your not in a legal state? No medical nor recreational here. I'm in Ky?

So pretty much you guys think they were seized and should have been here by now?

You'll get a message with green tape on the package saying order was confiscated. Because it's been sitting in Chicago for that long....I can vouch having experienced this before....your order was probably compromised.

Be grateful if they arrive safely!!!

Last edited:

MountainBudz

Thanks a lot for the feeling of contentment that brings much relief. You have to understand though in my state weed is like the devil to the authorities. And in my county alone they have been busting growers left and right and even people selling 8th bags and a couple j's. It's pitiful but just the way it is here.

The bad thing is I'm in one of the less populated counties of my state and everyone and I mean everyone knows everyone here. If you think it's a possibility that the local post master or service would be involved then I would hate to say it but I'd worry myself to death over that because they would contact authorities in a second.

Will they be notified if my package was seized? Those of you that mentioned the local usps finding out how do they find out as this is what worries me the most? Thanks a lot gyys.

No package in mail again today and herbies wrote me back saying that they would resend or refund my order if it didn't arrive by today. I'm thinking about getting it resent in a friends name and address this time around.

MountainBudz

What is even scarier is that the X post masters son here had gotten caught with weed and he told on a buddy of mine for selling it to him. Somehow my name was brought up as well even though I had nothing to do with it honestly. So he knows me by my name. But I'm pretty sure he ended up relocating at a different office a county or two away. Scary shit man....

MountainBudz

People also say not to worry unless it was a lot of seeds through the mail. Do you consider or would "they" consider 20 seeds a lot because that's how many I ordered?

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Thanks a lot for the feeling of contentment that brings much relief. You have to understand though in my state weed is like the devil to the authorities. And in my county alone they have been busting growers left and right and even people selling 8th bags and a couple j's. It's pitiful but just the way it is here.

The bad thing is I'm in one of the less populated counties of my state and everyone and I mean everyone knows everyone here. If you think it's a possibility that the local post master or service would be involved then I would hate to say it but I'd worry myself to death over that because they would contact authorities in a second.

Will they be notified if my package was seized? Those of you that mentioned the local usps finding out how do they find out as this is what worries me the most? Thanks a lot gyys.

No package in mail again today and herbies wrote me back saying that they would resend or refund my order if it didn't arrive by today. I'm thinking about getting it resent in a friends name and address this time around.

What is even scarier is that the X post masters son here had gotten caught with weed and he told on a buddy of mine for selling it to him. Somehow my name was brought up as well even though I had nothing to do with it honestly. So he knows me by my name. But I'm pretty sure he ended up relocating at a different office a county or two away. Scary shit man....

People also say not to worry unless it was a lot of seeds through the mail. Do you consider or would "they" consider 20 seeds a lot because that's how many I ordered?

i don't think the postmaster gets notified ...... i REALLY wouldn't about anything MB.

if customs got your seeds they take them out, insert the government nastygram and reseal the package with "
'U.S. Customs and Border Protection" green tape

heres what you'll see/get if customs got your stuff ...... but yours wont be redacted with a sharpie

if they keep track of your address they aren't very good at it. 3 orders of seeds have made it to the same address since customs took this particular order.

IMHO it's luck of the draw ....... from my personal experience you have a 1 in 37 chance of them getting your seeds, but i'm sure milage varies

FWIW the package that got snagged came from europe and got to colorado via the customs facility in california. they took it even though both are legal states and i never heard anything else about it.

i wouldn't lose to much more sleep over it. i know it's easy to say from my position, but i've been in yours and it fuckin sucked.

relax brudda! it'll all be cool

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately, the envelope is still delivered....postal box or residence. Hopefully your area postal workers have too much mail to deliver and busy with flyers, grocery ads, junk mail to notice the envelope with green tape.

Don't mean to alarm you MtnBudz....just telling you how many of us have had their orders remedied by Postal Inspectors/Customs @ incoming centers like Chicago, LA, NJ and the like.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Herbies replaced the order once customs got it. I got the empty envelope, sealed with the light green customs tape, and the bad boy letter inside of it. Herbies used a more stealthy method of mailing (at no cost) and I got the second order soon and no problems.

Latest posts

Latest posts