What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Cannabinoid Crystals

Pangea

Veteran
Crystallization via slow evaporation.

They consist of primarily THCA.

The scope shots are of a further purified sample that I havent had analysed yet, but am hoping to hit 99% with it.

Couple more pics here:
http://imgur.com/a/oFeMb
http://imgur.com/a/wylf0

b5m3NUX.jpg

gsegZ9j.jpg

9qFVsLn.jpg

vd7Bk5N.jpg

vWZ0mmF.jpg

Couple more pics here:
http://imgur.com/a/oFeMb
http://imgur.com/a/wylf0

Last edited:
So I'm going to reiterate my previous questions. I'm really fascinated by this from a chemistry standpoint, but is the high from a product that is so high in THC desired? I personally think that the crystallization of cannabinoids is awesome and very cosmetically appealing, but practically it isn't appealing. Would it be possible to create a crystallization of cannabinoids with lower THC concentration and higher CBD/CBN/CBG?

Pangea

Veteran
It would just be a guess at this point if the structure would remain stable with different ratios, but its possible.

The two listed samples are not re-crystallizations, but two different forms of from the same starting solute, cm#1 is a regular sweet skunk wax, the cm #2 is the crystal. I have not yet had any of the re-crystallizations/polymorphs or other purifications analysed. The CBG difference is likely because it doesnt mesh with THCA crystal matrix well.

SwampyTHC

awesome thread would love to know the process of this i cant imagine it would be a high we would manage as well as we do with our usual wax or bud 0

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome thread would love to know the process of this i cant imagine it would be a high we would manage as well as we do with our usual wax or bud 0

Besides our lab, we made this in class three times and shared it with 10 to 20 volunteer students in test panels at the end of the classes, so have a good idea as to the effects.

First, it isn't stable enough for long storage, so should be made in small batches and used quickly. It will start to revert back to acetic acid and develop a bite. Not a problem in class, cause it's all gone and the petri dish licked clean before its over.

When fresh, it is mild to vaporize and has a mild acetate taste, as opposed to cannabis oils phenolic taste.

Secondly, though often depicted as 3X as strong as the oil it was made from, I think it is more an issue of how much faster it passes the blood brain barrier, and arrives all at once, versus building up.

It gives color brightness and hue shifts.

It gives a general sense of relaxed well being.

It gives a sense of crystal clear mind clarity.

No student was ever blown away. Without exception they all liked it, myself included.

The most common comment after trying it, was, "oh wow!"

The second most common comment was that it wasn't at all what they were expecting, followed by it wasn't 3X as strong.

Great pangea thank you sharing..when you first brought this up it sounded to good to be true but wow..with commercially available terpenes this could very well lead to a more consistant way of dosing cannabis medicines

Resin23

want to hear your thoughts on this, I have no hash to experiment with. Add a amount of hash to ethanol using then least amount possible to fully dissolve the hash and make a super saturated solution, then add it to a larger volume of water. Bring the water up to 105Celcius, the ethanol boils off, the thc immediately crystallizes out of solution leaving very little thc, water soluable cannaboids and terpenes behind in the water...I don't see any problems with this working for thc...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
want to hear your thoughts on this, I have no hash to experiment with. Add a amount of hash to ethanol using then least amount possible to fully dissolve the hash and make a super saturated solution, then add it to a larger volume of water. Bring the water up to 105Celcius, the ethanol boils off, the thc immediately crystallizes out of solution leaving very little thc, water soluable cannaboids and terpenes behind in the water...I don't see any problems with this working for thc...

I'm thinking the oleo resin would come out of solution as a mixed resin, just like it went in but if you try it, I hope you'll share.

I sent a copy of this thread to Joe, our biotech, to get his read.

SwampyTHC

Besides our lab, we made this in class three times and shared it with 10 to 20 volunteer students in test panels at the end of the classes, so have a good idea as to the effects.

First, it isn't stable enough for long storage, so should be made in small batches and used quickly. It will start to revert back to acetic acid and develop a bite. Not a problem in class, cause it's all gone and the petri dish licked clean before its over.

When fresh, it is mild to vaporize and has a mild acetate taste, as opposed to cannabis oils phenolic taste.

Secondly, though often depicted as 3X as strong as the oil it was made from, I think it is more an issue of how much faster it passes the blood brain barrier, and arrives all at once, versus building up.

It gives color brightness and hue shifts.

It gives a general sense of relaxed well being.

It gives a sense of crystal clear mind clarity.

No student was ever blown away. Without exception they all liked it, myself included.

The most common comment after trying it, was, "oh wow!"

The second most common comment was that it wasn't at all what they were expecting, followed by it wasn't 3X as strong.

Was it a long lasting high or over too quickly looks like a beautiful process but seems like a very expensive wax????

Latest posts

Latest posts