What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying booze free for a bit

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Had a scare on weekend - walking blackout w/ some ignorant behavior (pissing in closet, might have started a fight). At my sisters 50th b'day party.

I am on "head meds", and only had 4 draft beer all night (honest) - pretty sure was combo of meds & being tired/sick.

Still - I embarrassed myself & my family. Gonna give up the sauce for a bit. I'm not a big drinker, but I think I have a problem.

I went 10 years sober once - can do it again, np.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good luck quitting and sorry to hear of your night of shame, but I could tell you some stories about drinking.

1980 & I make the top of page headline of page 2 of the newspaper, page 1 is national news, 2 is local:

Ambulance Chase Ends in Mans Arrest!
I got drunk @ my local watering hole and so I went for a joyride (lights & siren blaring) in my 1968 Cadillac ambulance, a car I used as a big station wagon when I was vending at flea markets. 3 felonies and 9 traffic violations, felony DWI, reckless endangerment (felonious speed in a 30mph zone) & leaving the scene of an accident(sideswiped someone); I can't even begin to recall the 9 traffic tickets. I got sprung from the pokey 3 days later.

I was a real regular at the bar and so I knew that everyone would be talking about my big DWI bust and my 3 day absence as well. I've got a good sense of humor though and so on my way back to the bar (walking) for the 1st time I stopped at the Radio Shack store and bought one of the kids helmets pictured below.

aaff7661_zpsyixtz6df.jpg

I stepped into the bar wearing that helmet with the red light spinning and the little siren going, the bar owners daughter laughed so hard that she grabbed her crotch but it was too late, she actually pissed herself, all the fucking guys burst out laughing hard as well and I couldn't buy a drink, shots of JD were lined up on the bar all night long.......

whizzing in the closet and starting some shit??? HA!!!

a mere bag of shells my friend.......

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
^ Great story man! I would of pissed myself too if you came in the bar like that!

OP, if you were on cold meds, it doesn't take much to wad one's self up. Sucks you had such a time. It happens though. Whatcha gonna do..

Green Squall

Had a scare on weekend - walking blackout w/ some ignorant behavior (pissing in closet, might have started a fight). At my sisters 50th b'day party.

I am on "head meds", and only had 4 draft beer all night (honest) - pretty sure was combo of meds & being tired/sick.

Still - I embarrassed myself & my family. Gonna give up the sauce for a bit. I'm not a big drinker, but I think I have a problem.

I went 10 years sober once - can do it again, np.

I used to know someone whos meds did the opposite. He could drink copious amounts of booze almost daily and not seem drunk at all. Guy had two hollow legs.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Thanks to all for your encouragement - and tales to make mine seem not so bad. I am actually awash with shame, it comes over me in waves. Not cool at all. I can't take solace in the booze/chem mix - I did it, and I'm taking responsibility.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Had a scare myself the other night... hadnt gotten blackout drunk in a good while. Started drinking beers and vodka and (apparently) shots of whiskey without eating.

Woke up the next morning with puke in my bed and a couple good bruises on my arms, knees, lump on my head. To this day, no fucking clue what happened, my only guess was that I fell down the stairs or something?? Got out of bed, fell down, back in bed without remembering anything whatsoever... fuck. Luckily for me - still in my 20s, just a couple bruises, but could have woke up in some real trouble, or not at all... just because of booze. A lesson well learned (I hope)

Green Squall

Had a scare myself the other night... hadnt gotten blackout drunk in a good while. Started drinking beers and vodka and (apparently) shots of whiskey without eating.

Woke up the next morning with puke in my bed and a couple good bruises on my arms, knees, lump on my head. To this day, no fucking clue what happened, my only guess was that I fell down the stairs or something?? Got out of bed, fell down, back in bed without remembering anything whatsoever... fuck. Luckily for me - still in my 20s, just a couple bruises, but could have woke up in some real trouble, or not at all... just because of booze. A lesson well learned (I hope)

Dude, if you going to be a professional drinker you need to keep up with your meals. Drinking can be fun but it can also be a disaster on no food!

Sisu

Veteran
My buddy pissed in my hall closet the night Kentucky beat Duke for the natty title in 78. Still friends and we laugh like hell whenever we watch a game together.

Not making light of your experience or being a smartass, just letting you know it happens.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had lots of times where I've had too much to drink. I've never blacked out on alcohol alone for some reason. Alcohol with xanax, sure.

Alcohol with ambien is the worst for me. Alcohol and ambien have led to the most embarrassing situations of my life, things I've done that I have absolutely no memory of doing. It's worse when you embarrass yourself and don't remember, then find out about it afterwards.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Dont feel to bad...

My BIL's buddy pissed all over my BIL collection of classic hotrod mags he was saving for over 20yrs...

Same buddy got so drunk one night... He passed out in his chair and SHIT himself. Funny part was when his buddy who owned the house caught a whiff..

The owner of the house SHIT-Kicked his buddy...LITERALLY around the room trying to get his ass out the door (guy who shit himself couldn't figure out why he was getting kicked outta the party)....

FUNNY as hell to hear them talk about it now.... strangely enough they 2 guys are still friends and the guy who shit himself still gets puking drunk EVERY TIME...

That guy....he had a problem... But man u shoulda saw the shit flying....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alcohol makes you drunk....

Also it's a poison.

Good call J1, I try to explain this to the 'waste cases' I know or run into, it is a poison that's refined enough to consume. Occasionally I'll toss a shot of poison into my espresso, Sambuca, Galliano, Drambuie, Dom B&B, whatever I have on hand; any one of those bottles of booze however will sit on my kitchen counter for 1-3 years until it's slowly doled out into my java.......

Last edited:

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Most of the behavior I truly cringe thinking about was due to my use of alcohol. OranguTrump, I hope you learn your lesson from this time. Otherwise you'll have more to live down, trust me.

I spent 25 years fucking up the best thing in my life (my relationship with the missus). I've spent the last 10 trying to be the man she hung on for.

sutra1

been there and have done that. Years later still embarrassed & ashamed.........when I think on it.........

theclearspot

Can remember a few embarrassing things on alcohol . I once got into my car at 2am bladdered and drove around the mother in law's exquisitely laid out garden; flower beds, magnolia trees, etc leaving a trail of destruction. Dont get drunk anymore havent for years. Only a few beers one or two maximum three. Cannabis just makes me creative and thinking and into music etc. Nearly all the horror stories you here are alcohol related, not Cannabis. Although it depends on the person. Some types shouldn't go near Cannabis. I agree with McKenna when he says only some people should be the 'platonic guard ' of entheogens...its not for everyone.

soopy

Veteran
Best of luck to you man, it's tough but WELL WORTH IT...never could imagine my life without it, now I can't imagine living with 'ol Al anymore, lol....

I can best describe my clearest revelation after I quit drinking, that living life drunk is like handing over your daily affairs to a person you can't trust and who is NOT on your side, looking out for your interests. It sounds insane to me once I stepped back and looked at it for what it was....talk about sobering. Waking up every morning, sick as shit, praying to God that "that guy" didn't fuck up everything you've built...

I drank hard for 10 years, 1/2 gal of vodka a day...booze free for 6 years next month. If I could do it, you can too....I feel for you man.

Best wishes and vibes....

Latest posts

Latest posts