What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Say it"s not so...but does it work...will it work.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Has anyone in the ICMAG community ever done this?:tiphat:

picture.php

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
theres no free ride...just a lot of mis information...yeehaw..switching on and off your lights excessively will shorten bulb and ballast life too

soserthc1

Most all gimics are just that gimics . I'm a little curious as to how the first example is flowering for only 6 hrs .
All that on and off can't be good. I'm all for thinking outside the box in most situations thou

S

sourpuss

When I read vegetable cycle I call bullshit. LMAO

VEGETABLE CYCLE
:laughing:
:wtf::chin:

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Joe Pietri 12-1 advance growing... a closed group on facebook... from Oregon and has his own seed company Gold Crown seeds...He and all his followers swear by these light schedules.

Edit: to me it"s so hard for me to believe...and I've in the game since the OG days.

i would do that with males in a tent set to catch pollen for sure.
never considered much less than 11 on even to help long flowering land race girls to finish.
very interesting.
certainly wouldn't use a hid in 'vegetable' stage with all the extra on/off's. that would be to hard on a ballast and bulb to be worth it.
i wonder if most strains respond well to this, or will some, or maybe even most strains, hermi or have piss poor bud structure with low yield and quality as a result.

amanda88

Richard Delp from Holland developed this timing method ...along with water / ice extraction too, I'm glad to say I've dodged this method so far

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
But does it work?

But does it work?

Richard Delp from Holland developed this timing method ...along with water / ice extraction too, I'm glad to say I've dodged this method so far

So there is some truth to this...but im not willing to risk my grows on it.....Anyone in the ICMAG community doing these light schedules?

MrBungle

Seems like a lot of busy work, that would be harder on my equipment than I already am... I like to set my timers and forget em

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sure with an autoflower strain it will work. I've tried all types of light cycles. One day on one day off, etc. You know what does work well?

12/12

That "vegetable" cycle is good for flowering.

Except the other way around of course; 12 hours off, 5.5 hours on, 1 hour off, 5.5 hours on.
The one hour off is the rubisco break against midday depression.

Extra advantages are your plants won't burn as fast and are less likely to get toprot or other diseases and you get more females.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
i have played around with the 12/1 method for some time.. it works well..
just as good maybe even.. but i have modified it.. i run flip flops for 2 rooms and when i veg a room i would either just leave T5 on 24hrs or have one hps on a timer for the time when the light is on in the other room... to interupt the dark period so they dont flower, a flash of light for 10 min would be sufficiant.. so if you want to safe elect. 12/1 is perfect.. i have found the internod spacing to be just right if i leave a bit of light on... very healthy growth and seed plants show sex very quickly

The Revolution

Veteran
When I read vegetable cycle I call bullshit. LMAO

VEGETABLE CYCLE
:laughing:
:wtf::chin:

LMAO

From my understanding your drawing the most current and power during the ballast firing, and start up. So shutting down and powering back up multiple times a day you'd think would run your bill even higher. Not to mention the wear and tear on your ballast and bulbs.

Joe Pietri 12-1 advance growing... a closed group on facebook... from Oregon and has his own seed company Gold Crown seeds...He and all his followers swear by these light schedules.

Edit: to me it"s so hard for me to believe...and I've in the game since the OG days.

If read about this on another site and I thought how interesting. I'm toally into new ways, cheaper production costs and high yields!!!

What lighting was used on those plants in photos?