What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illumitex NeoSol 300w LED

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Was bout to hit the button to order one of these, but figured Id make a thread on it first n see what yall LED growers think, or if anyone has any personal experience with um.
Heres a link to the light:
Buy LED Lights, Illumitex

Dion

hey i use the surexi chips in some of my diy fixtures-very impressive-less stretch than with cobs overalll id recomend them

what size is ur space?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have experience with a similar light- BML SPYDR 600, except I chose my own spectrums. It is white diode based, with some 450 and 615 to enhance veg and flowering. It works great but is too expensive compared to say the Amare SE 220 ($695) and covers 2.5^. You might get a deal on 2 if you want to fill the entire space

As to COB begin the cause of stretching, perhaps it's the lack of perimeter r/bs as used by Amare to create a hybrid led panel, or low bin, running to hard/soft, or...?

Dion

I have experience with a similar light- BML SPYDR 600, except I chose my own spectrums. It is white diode based, with some 450 and 615 to enhance veg and flowering. It works great but is too expensive compared to say the Amare SE 220 ($695) and covers 2.5^. You might get a deal on 2 if you want to fill the entire space

As to COB begin the cause of stretching, perhaps it's the lack of perimeter r/bs as used by Amare to create a hybrid led panel, or low bin, running to hard/soft, or...?

no the illumitex is not the same as the bml
they have good spectrums and build their own chips

http://www.illumitex.com/illumitex-leds-2/surexi-horticulture-leds/

using the f3 in the fixtures:tiphat:

Growingisfun

I have personally used them. I did several grows under them several years ago which we OK to good.

My thoughts - if you like using about 5 year old technology I say go for it. A few years ago there were the leaders no doubt. They had some problems, threw out their leadership and are back at it still trying to sell yesterdays "advancements".

I've actually got one in the box never opened that I might sell you cheap just to get it out of my house... Shouldn't that tell you something!!

Seriously there are better lights for the money (and for your plants!).

I hope that helps a bit

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
That almost helps a bit but for your first post talking about u could sell me one kinda makes u look like LEO. Jus sayin... How bout lead me in the direction of something better or explain why the tech is so outdated? for your first post n all....

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
ideally in a 4x4 area to be moved to a 5x5 flower room. So i know this could be strain dependent as well cuz some 3x3 areas can go to 5x5 for flower and fill in, while some will need at least a 4x4 veg to fill out a 5x5 flower. the flower room is offset in a 5x9 area with two lights by one month for a perpetual harvest. the veg needs to fill one area a month. I already have a 4 light 4' cfl system so im thinking put the led next to that to veg the other half of 4x8 area.

Dion

Ur such a donkey pet lol
The only similarity between the BMl and the neosol is the physical desighn ie passive cooled spread chips

I think the ns will be underwhelming in a 5x5 for flower
Try the ds or smaller space

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
this is to veg in a 4x4 before plants are moved under the gavitas in the 5x5 area.

FranJan

...Point, if your reading comprehension is this bad, you really shouldn't comment....

Pet, please don't EVER comment on peoples reading comprehension. OMG you're so psychotic you can even comprehend what someone is even talking about. Like how does anything you know have anything to do with this topic? You just want to shoot your little nothing nowhere mouth off. And whatever happened to WHITE ONLY?????? Remember when I used to say that not using all the tools available to you is childish and ignorant? See, you sir are a joke to those who know you and to those who know what they are talking about. Now got GTFO sell-out. Go lie to some liars. And oh yes Pet I'm still sooooooo jealous. Not.

Anyway OP I've used some Illumitex stuff for a while now and why they aren't really a great flowering light by themselves, IMHO, but that panel that Dion linked to is an excellent veg panel. I used one until I tried to cut it down to size for my new grow cab and ruined it. The only bad thing is I didn't like the design since you can't angle the end rails, so in some cases you could be wasting some light. Still an excellent LED light for the money but definitely not a flower panel, at least by itself. And get the F1 version if you do go with it. Better efficiency and the pure blue makes a difference in veg from what I've seen. F3s suck in veg IMO. Also I was using it in a roughly 2x4, so 2 should do a 4x4 fine I would think.

See Pet RELEVANCE. Oh wtf am I doing, it's obvious you can't even read with all the meds you're on. Or maybe it's just your lack respect for other people that prohibits your ability to....oh nevermind, just STFU. :moon:

Dion I also want to thank you for saving that DIY Illumitex F3 thread from Bubbleponics :tiphat:. I've read that thread while it was on B-ponics but I never saw those pictures. Also if you are potting the lights with latex silicone or such, you don't need to screw them or use holders. The panel you linked to only uses thermal adhesive to keep them in place, besides the latex of course. Thanks again and keep rubbing PF's nose in it. Maybe he'll get a clue sooner or later.

qUBiZ1R.jpg

Dion

yeah they r only 5w in the end so pads work
im sure we could fix urs if u wanna post details

and what u said about pet lol
he is 1 of the only 2 ppl on this forum i cant get along with-and i did try with both

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I have a 300 watt three bar passive cooled light similar. By similar I am speaking of the five year old tech. My light has 4860 diodes each putting out 0.06 watts. sixteen under each lens.
This makes for excellent light control and heat dissipation but works best on row crops of 12" and less height.
Sea Of Green would work well with these style lights, but taller plants need at least 3 watt diodes.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pet, please don't EVER comment on peoples reading comprehension. OMG you're so psychotic you can even comprehend what someone is even talking about. Like how does anything you know have anything to do with this topic? You just want to shoot your little nothing nowhere mouth off. And whatever happened to WHITE ONLY?????? Remember when I used to say that not using all the tools available to you is childish and ignorant? See, you sir are a joke to those who know you and to those who know what they are talking about. Now got GTFO sell-out. Go lie to some liars. And oh yes Pet I'm still sooooooo jealous. Not.

Anyway OP I've used some Illumitex stuff for a while now and why they aren't really a great flowering light by themselves, IMHO, but that panel that Dion linked to is an excellent veg panel. I used one until I tried to cut it down to size for my new grow cab and ruined it. The only bad thing is I didn't like the design since you can't angle the end rails, so in some cases you could be wasting some light. Still an excellent LED light for the money but definitely not a flower panel, at least by itself. And get the F1 version if you do go with it. Better efficiency and the pure blue makes a difference in veg from what I've seen. F3s suck in veg IMO. Also I was using it in a roughly 2x4, so 2 should do a 4x4 fine I would think.

See Pet RELEVANCE. Oh wtf am I doing, it's obvious you can't even read with all the meds you're on. Or maybe it's just your lack respect for other people that prohibits your ability to....oh nevermind, just STFU. :moon:

Dion I also want to thank you for saving that DIY Illumitex F3 thread from Bubbleponics :tiphat:. I've read that thread while it was on B-ponics but I never saw those pictures. Also if you are potting the lights with latex silicone or such, you don't need to screw them or use holders. The panel you linked to only uses thermal adhesive to keep them in place, besides the latex of course. Thanks again and keep rubbing PF's nose in it. Maybe he'll get a clue sooner or later.

View Image

LOL. You should read what I wrote and your response when you're not stoned out of your mind. So, never gonna happen

Meds? Not me, but for sure you. as you have consistently lashed out at me (and others) over several years now. Dropped on your head as a baby? PTSD perhaps? Something is seriously wrong with you

I have harvested many fine plants using only 5000K + 3000k; bulbs, tubes, leds. so sue me for being interested to see what enhancing white spectrums with a dollop of blues and reds might do to enhance bud development. I also used Hydroponic - Research V + B from veg to flower for a couple years, but now add their +Size (their version of MOAB) during flowering to excellent effects. So exactly what point do you think you're making? I'm not supposed to change, evolve, or question? Come on man. Stop listening to the voices in your head, instead of your heart

A
pparently you have not seen my grow using a Transcend D 200 @ 230w with no additional spectrum enhancements (thanks for not dropping by), or the many quality grows by others, using only 3000k, or 4500k = white light, or are you simply picking on me? Mommyyyyyyyyy