What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Malawi,Panama and Golden Tiger Fem

Tangwena

Veteran
I am very exited to grow this next lot of Aces seeds The Panama x Malawi in particular interests me. I have never had South American pot before so this will be a first for me.
I have started them on 14hrs light and 10 hours dark. I am hoping to mature the plants a bit before flipping them but avoid letting them grow too big before the stretch starts.
As I have very limited head hight I will be topping them once during the stretch and then laying them down flat on their sides to finish the stretch. Hopefully this will contain them as they are all BIG plants given the chance.
The pics are at 10 days since first leaves, the Panama already has a funky skunk smell, so its going to be a bit of a stinker I think.
The pink pot is GT, the purple pot Panama and the other pot is the Panama x Malawi which already has broader leaves than the Panama.
I was going to have 2 Gt (2013 seeds) but i germed the seeds outside in the winter sun and lost one to grass hoppers but I have germed another Gt from fresh 2015 seeds and she is up and running but 2 weeks behind the others.
I am super exited for this grow as I need a lot of GT I only have a little left and have found a dose of 3 parts Gt and one part Zamaldelica gives me a trippy high that comes in waves and is exactly what I look for in a high. I have plenty of Zam but need Gt
badly as I will run out by New Year!
Tangwena

orfeas

Veteran
Nice little toddlers there down under, mate!

Hope you'll get round their explosive growth, but since you're well acquainted with Jamaldelica and Golden Tiger you know what's in the game...:)

:tiphat:Orfeas

MadMac

far beyond driven...
:laughing: yahhh congrats Tang,
they looking very happy!
Well GT is awesome... yesterday i had the first glass cured 1 1/2 month not finished cure but hey the high is very interesting... first i had Malawi the complete day and in the evening i thought to try out the GT1 > Malawi pheno... and wow this stuff is so psychedelic ... had stop watch tv and put on my fav music.... i love bass when i'm on weed/lsd or magic mushrooms hehe my cat's and my wife don't... ;-) but they respect it if i'm on!
Tang Panama catched also my interest! I had long time ago Panama Red dope and a little weed... that was in my study time... had some cool friends there with superb' connections... well all gone but i still remember Panama Red > this warm positive high it's like on ecstasy > loving everybody around you :) :comfort:
i wish i had also panama in my garden but next year... it's on my list :)
i'm happy that i can see now how you manage the immense stretch that Malawi & Panama do... ;-) like my Purple Haze & Malawi is still stretching... 5 weeks in flower...
go for it! i'm watching this grow closely!
You will have a great christmas time if you can finish this lady's properly :biggrin:
thumbs up and wish u all the best!!!
M. :tiphat:

P.S. the magic mushroom time just start here :woohoo:
i really enjoy this day's when i'm running over the fields totally stoned and on mushrooms... the fresh mushrooms are working also instantly... tip: if you find some... take them without root's (then they will comeback next season) dry them and put them in honey to conserve the power... mushroom with honey are so delicious... had the last this summer with friends and we made the night to a colorful day ;-) love it!

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Mac your a mad man I love it! I also like the feel of the wind blowing through my mind cleans out the cobwebs ha ha.
I have only one pheno so far of Gt and its my favorite high.
I cant wait to see what magic is awaiting me over Christmas and New Year.
The Panama is going to be awesome no matter what pheno I get, and the Malawi cross can only be superb.
I cant contain my excitement the PM cross has fat leaves bigger than the panama so I am hoping for Malawi influence to compare with the Panama itself.

Hi orfeas I have been watching your grow with interest, you seem to have a good area to grow outside, I wish I did but the police are like nazis over here where I am so inside only for me.
I will be lucky to pull this one off in the space I have but I will sure as hell try. All these amazing strains to grow its made me exited again ha ha.
Tangwena

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant wait to see how these turn out for you Tang!

Stay safe
BM

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi BM-504 thanks mate if I can get mine as fat as your last grow I will be happy, I cant contain my excitement, its going to be a good run up to Christmas I am hoping to finish them by new year if I can.
Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high Tang,
well for your small grow room you could also use mainlining technic because of the immense stretch you have to get under control ;-)
here is a great how to... wanted to try it this spring but had no time and was busy with the ACE gear etc... but i'm sure i will give it a go next season!
here is the link to the article... it's worth to read... lot's of info for everybody...
hope it's ok if i post a link here....
http://www.growweedeasy.com/mainlining-nugbuckets

M.:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Very interesting Mac, that is basicaly what I will be doing anyway except I lie the plant on its side as I haven't got the space to grow straight up. I only have about 1200 free vertical space.
The Malawi I grew was this way and all these plants look as if they will have same structure woohoo.
The Panama x Malawi has started to smell similar to the Panama. I cant wait to see how the buds look.
I saw Dubi's post about the new genetics he is playing with, phew I feel like I am drowning i cant catch my breath. They all sound tempting to me ha ha.
I feel very lucky to have what I have, but now I want so much more.
I was going to take a break after this grow and give a winter grow in the bush some serious effort, but now I want to try some more inside.
I picked up some gear from the local garden center today and the owner was off his face on something, he was speeding and driving the loader like a madman. He has bikie friends so I would rather keep my distance ha ha.
A friend is coming over from L.A. next month for a visit, presents I hope ha ha. But what can you give someone who has everything? Thats me I am talking about ha ha, gotta give this GT a rest I am running out!
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
1 week on

1 week on

I wasn't going to update so soon but I had a cherry of a piece of GT bud and I am listening to an old Aussie group called "the cruel sea" an album called "3 legged dog" and couldn't help but feel super good, very very trippy music and bud.
The Panama x Malawi is a giant it doesn't show to well in the pics but its at least 50% more in every department. I could grow this one on its own for sure.
They are going to be topped soon especially the MP, then grown a little to get stretch on the branches then laid down flat on the ground to grow vertical branches minimum 8 per plant.
That will be 8 fat ones per plant more than enough for me.

The black pot is the Panama x Malawi, the purple pot the Panama and the brown pot the Golden Tiger.
The Panamas all have a flowery skunky smell already and will need carbon filters in flower.

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I am listening to an old Aussie group called "the cruel sea" an album called "3 legged dog" and couldn't help but feel super good, very very trippy music and bud.

cool sound if you like this stuff then listen to Beasty Boy's - Check your Head - Song: Something's Got to Give, In 3's & Namaste my fav.... you will love it...

well your plan & plant's looking promising!
...can't wait to see the 8 dick's per plant. hehe
love it :)
M.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Mac I will look up that track, I like the beasty boys so I am sure it will be a ripper.
Today I will be topping the Panama x Malawi, it will grow to high otherwise, its powering ahead of the other two and they would be called fast if not compared to the PM.
I will try and clone the tops when I cut them and put them straight into 12/12 to get a bud on a stick type plant, waste not want not, as they say.
I cant wait for more GT the bud I had yesterday was like ecstacy I was in love with the world
Its funny how indevidual buds can be like that, its got to be the level of maturity it reached. I think next harvest I will take the buds one at a time as they mature rather than chop the whole plant.
The buds cant start fast enough I hate this part of the grow.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 4 11/13

Week 4 11/13

I have just finished laying down and LST'ing the plants I topped last week.
The tops I have cloned and hopefully will grow in small pots to get a bud on a stick type plant of each. Waste not want not.

The Panama x Malawi is the biggest with a fruity sweet slightly skunky smell. Really nice smell and a very big plant.

The Panama is stockier and smells more strongly of flowers with a sweet skunk background. Looks amazingly good. I have had to bring online my carbon filters already.

The Golden Tiger 2013 smells very little as yet but I expected that, great stealth grow plant.
The black pot is the PxM, the purple pot the Panama and the brown pot the GT

Tangwena

Veteran
Ditto above

Ditto above

These are pics of the PM LST'd and the cloned tops from last weeks topping. Plus a group shot ready for a sun tan under the twin 375w CMH that I think are amazing for these plants.
Some showing sex, they can now stretch as much as they want towards the light, I have about 1200mm for them to grow up.
I have started to reduce the growing nutes and are just starting to introduce them to flowering type nutes. EC 0.8 plus the waters natural EC of 0.6 total EC 1.4 PH 5.8.
As soon as the stretch produces bud site they will go over to flowering nutes with low Nitrogen.
If not for the smell I would be exited, but I cant wait to see the buds.
Tangwena

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Tangwena for starting the grow diary,

I'm also very interested that you get a touch of the Panama after experiencing mainly Malawi and Golden Tiger, i'm sure you will also find very interesting sativa genetics in Panama and her crosses. I have great hopes in the latest Panama/Malawi and Malawi/Panama hybrids we have produced lately, we just need to find the best combination of parental plants between both strains, it takes lot of time and testing.

Honestly, i feel blessed you are enjoying so much Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica lately, that's the reason we put so much efforts to release these lines.

Best wishes! :)

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Dubi thanks for the plants the GT is so good, every time I try it lately I find nirvana its a perfect high for me. I just hope the new batch is the same or better ha ha.
The Panama x Malawi is the best at the moment very exciting watching her start to stretch.
Next weeks pictures should be good as they have all responded well and have lush new growth starting to grow vertically after being laid down.
I just wish I could grow more but I wouldn't know what to do with it all as I dont sell it.
All the plants I have grown from you have been outstanding I am envious of others who can grow dozens at a time to select special phenos, but I am more than happy with what I get. You have my undying gratitude for keeping good sativas in the spotlight.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
hi Padrone its from a pack of fems from 2013 I also have a fem 2015 going but its 2 weeks behind the others I will get some pics up when its a bit bigger prior to getting the treatment ha ha.
I just love the high I am getting from my last GT (2013) its going on 9 months cure now still sticky! and trippy as hell I love it so much, I just know I will take off everytime I use it 5 stars mate.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Zeolite

Zeolite

In my quest to bring out the best tripping terpine/thc combination I have been adding zeolite gravel to my coco pierlite mix in past grows.
I have now sourced some zeolite powderd rock to add for my current grow.( www.zeolite.com.au for info)
I must say i like the agricultural uses for this mineral and will include it in my winter bush organic grow.
I am hoping to reproduce a volcanic soil to help get the best terpines out of my plants. Its only a shot in the dark on my part but from what I read it cant hurt to try.
The plants in this grow are some of Aces best strains and I want to get them as strong as possible this grow.
Fingers crossed for even more trippy weed eeha!
Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Great Info!

Great Info!

In my quest to bring out the best tripping terpine/thc combination I have been adding zeolite gravel to my coco pierlite mix in past grows.
I have now sourced some zeolite powderd rock to add for my current grow.( www.zeolite.com.au for info)
I must say i like the agricultural uses for this mineral and will include it in my winter bush organic grow.
I am hoping to reproduce a volcanic soil to help get the best terpines out of my plants. Its only a shot in the dark on my part but from what I read it cant hurt to try.
The plants in this grow are some of Aces best strains and I want to get them as strong as possible this grow.
Fingers crossed for even more trippy weed eeha!
Tangwena

very very interesting!
will add this to my next grow...
many thx for the info!
M.:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
7 days on 5 weeks from seed

7 days on 5 weeks from seed

I have just been straight for 3.5 days and had some GT bud for lunch so if this goes off the rails its not my fault. ha ha
Today I gave the plants some more training and they loved it 4 hours later they are all perked up and saying give it to me baby.
So i did volcanic rock powder, gravel and a nice feed with a bit of PK, just a bit, to get them powered up as it were.
The GT is starting to show bud sites and now smells awesome!
The Panama / Malawi gives me a hard on, its really, nice, its got to be good.
The Panama is also looking nice if slightly smaller than the other two with the Malawi genes.
But she has a very fetching perfume if the effect is like the smell I just cant wait to try her.
All up its blowing my mind looking at them and smelling them, knowing what is likely to come.
Pics from the left Gt, PxM,and Panama and the lot after more training.

Latest posts

Latest posts