What's new

Questions for Flip-Flopped & Sealed 8x8 Tents

Hey all..

I've been reading, and googling but I can seem to find the right answer so cut to the chase..

Large basement, home to x2 8x8 Tents on a flip flop schedule..

Each tent has x2 4x8 tables.. Each table has x3 600w lights..

Basement room is large enough that both tents can be put side by side so that light runs are completely straight..

First question, whats the best way to cool these lights? x1 8" on a Y-connector per tent? x1 6" for each run of x3 lights? or can i have both tents light runs attached and have one 6" fan for each run of x6 lights? is that too much distance? with a straight vent line will light leak through venting into the adjacent tent which will obviously be lights out?

How it sits I already have a 4x8 Veg tent with a 6", plus an 8" fan and filter per tent, without figuring out a way to share ventilation between the two I'm basically looking at x2 6" fans per tent so 7 fucking fans in total.. that's just inline, circ's not included...

help..

thx..:whee:

Granger2

Veteran
To cool 6 lamps you'll need a lot more than a 6" fan. IME a 6" will handle 3 600's, but you'd be better off with 2 lamps or an 8" for 3. It depends on your climate, and if you run lights in daytime or night.

It's much more efficient to not link the lamps and fan inline. Better to have a system using a plenim. You would have, e.g., an intake plenim and an exhaust plenim. Straight metal duct with flex duct to each lamp, same for exhaust with 2nd plenim. Good luck. -granger

Thanks for the response..

Never planned to cool all 6 with one so i agree with you there..

I have yet to come across the term "plenim".. If you could explain your second paragraph a bit more in detail as you lost me.. Don't link them inline? I don't understand.. Are you talking in general? or to be able to only have to use 2 fans for both tents on a flip flop vent setup? Why would i use straight metal ducting?

Style is SOG, ebb and flow, limited height obviously due to flood table and tent size, thus the 600's vs 1k's..

Supplier only carries 6" hoods.. dont ask..

I plan to go like this:

Inline fan>hood>hood>hood>exhaust ducting outside of room. There will be 2 of these runs per tent obviously because of x2 4x8 tables per tent, each table has x3 600w lights..

I've always pulled air through my hoods but read that it was better to push through, as to keep the fan on the cooler side of the lights..

ahhh ok i see what your talking about now... Budy posted a sketch on another forum..

See idk if that worth it for me though? I mean first off the issue I have with this guys setup im looking at is he has 4 rows of lights, with x3 600w'ers per row... his room it says is over 30' long, so would the first row not have a helluva lot more push/pull airflow then say the last row?

Secondly, i have x2 8x8 tents.. seems like allot of bullshit when i can have a 6" fan, thru x3 lights, then about 10' of ducting outside the tent to exhaust.. I just wanted to know if there was a way I setup this flop and not have to buy double of everything... That will be x4 6" fans for the lights, plus another 6" for the veg tent, plus an one 8" fan per tent attached to the filters... Pains of a flop i guess...

I would prefer to run 1 big room, but given a number of factors this is the best setup for this location...

Granger2

Veteran
It may not be worth the effort, etc. I'm talking about optimal. You will still get cooling with "Inline fan>hood>hood>hood>exhaust," but it won't be as good as I described.

Maybe someone else will have ideas about flipping and flopping without having to double up on equipment, but I can't help you there. Sorry. -granger

Yeah i hear ya.. Thanks for the input..

I also need to be able to tear down the setups rather quickly, so ill sacrifice some efficiency for that... Definitely going to use that on my setup next spring though...

Unfortunately the location fell through so now in the process of finding a new one. Hopefully secure that before the weekend.

Anywho Joint that's a great idea which I have used..

These two 8x8's will be sealed with co2, and this is the first time I've done a flop setup. FML it sucks having to double up on gear what but whateves..

Winters are effin cold here, and there's so many variables as you know, that until we get shit in and lit, its all up in the air... At least with two tents on alternate schedules it should be a little easier controlling the nighttime temps in each during lights off..

Latest posts

Latest posts