What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need advice from some of you strain experts

Lexort420

Ok so sometime in the somewhat near future I would like to see about getting a good strain to work with. I was hoping that maybe some of you could help me find what I'm looking for. I have some factors that I need figured into my decision and they are as follows. I grow with cfls so that's not gonna change. I keep my plants smallish. I would like a trippy type of high not really couchlock so much. Not looking for an auto flowering strain as I wanna be able to clone. And if possible I would like it to be hardy and not super easily killed off. Any help would be very appreciated as I want to try something other then my bagseed

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I would say try looking into skunk crosses but they aren't as hard hitting as a lot of other strains and I don't know which, if any, would be "trippy". Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but maybe start there?

Lexort420

Well I had thought about c99 til I saw it was sativa which I was worried it would outgrow my space. Is it possible to keep it short?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Well I had thought about c99 til I saw it was sativa which I was worried it would outgrow my space. Is it possible to keep it short?
c99 is the shortest quickest sally she was the first to break all those rules and she brought repeated backcrossing (cubing) to light... she fits your stated parameters quite nicely, she is a solid contender. a nod to master soul.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
If you don't want avoid couchlock strains I would go with pure "sativas" and avoid anything with skunk or afghan genes.

Problem with this kind of plants is that they grow a lot! :)

kaneboy

Super sour skunk-super skunk x sour diesel by hortilab
Otm crosses by mosca
Superskunk,skunk kush
Strawberry diesel

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll second C99...

Also, that advice coming from Tom Hill should be considered golden. Simply because of his personal experience with this most wonderful of species.

Lexort420

Ya mjpassion I for sure am set on that strain for sure want to have sum ideas for other strains too. Now mustafunk I do like sativa alot but I do have limited height as I stated so sadly I don't think I could go with alot of the sativa or sativa dominate strain that's why I hesitated about c99 till tomhill set me straight. Kane oy I'll go research those strains in a bit. I wanna also add I'm not fully against a good strong indica either cause I like collecting kief and from what I've learned indica produces more trichomes

S

stix~

cant you grow several types at the same time and see who does best?

i'd say go with supersilver.haze or g13haze :dance013:

DJXX

Veteran
Ghost Train Haze...must be trained to keep it short...you want trippy..Amnesia Haze..again needs to be trained/topped to keep it short..DJXX

X

Xray Kimono

Any C99 cross nugs up well under cfl's top at 4 node and keep temps cool and she stays squat and dense crystally buds.

Xray

nordsman

I would say snow white....it's white widow x c99 cross..help keep the c99 short without adding couchlock and extra frosty

Hunswayne

Where's all the Green Crack experts gotta situation outdoor with my Cracks in 100 gallon smarties about a month into flower and leaves going yellow on me. Buds not full yet am I in trouble?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Super Lemon haze. Might take a few seeds, but you find the 50/50 mix of the parents pheno. Then you have the type of plant you described in the first post. Especially that pheno taken @ 8 weeks, and you face will be melting off after the first few hits.

bigbag

Veteran
Reeferman's Harmony is another manageable sativa dominant strain with amazing terps and a trippy Thai high ;) can be chopped @ 8 weeks, nicely done