What's new

Amnesia?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
What is the deal with amnesia on attitude? I read about this strain on leafly and it states that it is Cinderella 99 x Jack Herer x Skunk.

However all the breeders on attitude so far in their description of amnesia is Haze x Northern Lights or something along those lines.

Who is wrong lol?

And who has the C99 x JH x Skunk?

Koondense

Veteran
I heard amnesia was a SSH pheno kept isolated. Same for JackHerer(more phenos), it's all supposed to come from (HazeXSk)X(HazeXNL).

Who knows..

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
hehe the Great Amnesia Debate continues :D

so, the coffeeshop version you might have bought in Adam, thats the clone only (apparent) SSH that KD is talking about... since it became so popular (and is actually sold as all kinds of different hazes around Adam) many seed producers have made versions of it (Soma's version of Amnesia Haze is the oldest and may not fall into this hypetrain category - his is made using his affie/hawaiian male)

as far as I know, the closest representation you will find of the coffeeshop (core/moppel cut) version is from Hypro - his are S1's made using that cut... as far as I know... lol

window

Veteran
Get Underground seed company's Amnesia, a hypro reproduction over at s@##*:s,
Less than 20 quid for ten seeds and its proper, you'd be mad not too.:biggrin:
picture.php

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
However all the breeders on attitude so far in their description of amnesia is Haze x Northern Lights or something along those lines.
This is the Lineage from the SSH {(Haze x Haze) x Skunk #1} x {(Haze x Haze) x NL #5}

C99 x JH x Skunk?

World of Seeds Amnesia is this Genetic ;)

Cuts like Hypro, Core and so on a BagSeeds from GH SSH

window

Veteran
That's nice to know Jamie, thanks
The only other Ammo I've seen is import from either Spain or dam, sprayed with glass, ( the people who buy it know this ) and still goes for 240 an oz, WTF?

I will admit that within the seeds I had there were a few phenos from extreme stretchers with very low nute requiments to some sensible ones, like the cut I kept but all were high quality smoke with dense bud, reeking of lemon.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm not saying I've grown a lot of the original Core/Moppel cut but well.. lol I've grown enough of it mate.. that looks bang on...check the structure against mine...

this was at 7 weeks with still a long way to fill out...
picture.php

p.s mine only LOOKS like it was sprayed with glass :D

JamieShoes

Veteran
one of fave plants ever mate, I know some ppl bash it as it became a bit common and commersh growers take her too early (I once heard a grower taking it at 7 weeks :-0 ) but I like her at 11-12 weeks, full head bend and properly powerful in every department... ;)

window

Veteran
p.s mine only LOOKS like it was sprayed with glass :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, yes mate they look great and very, very similar, thanks.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Actually the lineage of the SSH/Jack Herer is NL#5/HazeC x Skunk/HazeC. Moppel said a few times that the cut came from SSH bagseed from Sensi, later spread by Core and the guys from Bio-Ibo grow shop. Amnesia Haze from soma was probably that same cut crossed with the G13/Hawaian male he used to pollinate all his other females.

Nevil himself confirmed the lineage at Mr Nice forums a few times. The C5 Haze, A5 Haze, Skunk/HazeC and Skunk/HazeA definitely become the foundation of most the dutch Haze hybrids as everyone should know. No one was using pure Haze actually besides Wernard (Positronics) and Eddie (Flying Dutchmen) actually.

One of those old SSH dutch cuts from Nev is still pretty widespread around Holland, just like the C5 or S5 and other hoarded dutch clones you can smoke in many coffeeshops. In fact, both Sensi and Greenhouse presented exactly the same cut to the Cannabis Cup. Same strain, different years and under different names (SSH, Jack Herer) but they both won lol. I think Hypro presented as well that cut in a different cup and still got great results.

I'd go with Hypro or Underground versions as well, at least they are growers doing the seeds by themselves, not just bussiness men selling bulk crap of uncertain origin like most seedbanks. But there are probably lots of S1s seeds based on that cut already.

Vibes.

Either Sensi directors authorised the release of the plant produced from a mating I had made prior to ending up in jail in 1990, or a person in a position of trust made private arrangements. The mating was NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC.
Sensi won a cup with this cutting. It was called "Jack Herer". The J.H. line of seeds had this plant as a mother.
N.

ok, here it is. the hy-pro family are friends of mine. they brought me the amnesia/ssh years ago. they found a seed in the ssh from the greenhouse and grew it out. they called it amnesia but when i saw it i knew right away it was a ssh pheno, bubblegum, candy smelling and knock u out strong. over the years is has won many cups as ssh/amnesia, from many shops in the south, twins coffeshop, bio ibo and many others. so, not to take anything away from karma but he won the breeders cup with somone else's genetics. a rose by any other name is still a rose

Last edited:

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
I've tried dinafem original amnesia (don't laugh) it's really similar to amnesia sell in coffeeshop in Amsterdam.
The grow have something of the ssh,the smoke was very good and very heavy.

JamieShoes

Veteran
not laughing here mate, I smoked their dina-chem at the ic cup this year.. it was dina-mite :D

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I've tried dinafem original amnesia (don't laugh) it's really similar to amnesia sell in coffeeshop in Amsterdam.
The grow have something of the ssh,the smoke was very good and very heavy.

That one is based in a different Amnesia cut (most probably S1s), pretty renowned all over Spain and widely used by seed sellers just like the Critical Mass, Black Domina98, NYCD Soma and many others. It's called the "Amnesia Cordobesa" (from Cordoba) and was found by a fella within a pack of Hy-Pro Amnesia seeds in 2006 I think. It's got a very couchlocking and strong effect, some say that smells woody and nutty as opposed to the more fruity/candy dutch cut.

Vibes.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
That one is based in a different Amnesia cut (most probably S1s), pretty renowned all over Spain and widely used by seed sellers just like the Critical Mass, Black Domina98, NYCD Soma and many others. It's called the "Amnesia Cordobesa" (from Cordoba) and was found by a fella within a pack of Hy-Pro Amnesia seeds. It's got a very couchlocking and strong effect, some say that smells woody and nutty as opposed to the more fruity/candy Core cut.

Vibes.

Like the amnesia gold? (Pyramide seeds ) description is nearly the same from what you talk

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hey Mustafunk, is that the lower yielding Amnesia I heard about in Spain? like 400gpm2?

mukuku

I'm very happy with usc amnesia sativa IBL. I made lot of seeds and they kept the quality in every strains ! all the children are the same with little variation. strong sativa high with amnesia odor. I'm not sure but I think there is a high female ratio too (stastistics with around 25 seeds )

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hey Mustafunk, is that the lower yielding Amnesia I heard about in Spain? like 400gpm2?

Yes, Amnesia Cordoba is a poor example compared to the real deal hypro/moppel/core cut. Less lemony, not as strong and less yield, it has no reason to exist, I binned it and have zero regret whatsoever.

Mr Hypro told me to my face during a half hour chat that it was a S Holland strain and all his own selection work, no Amsterdam genetics with any known names. Moppel who I know a lot better told me that hypro admitted to mrhaze years ago that it was a selection from a bunch of original brown pack of Greenhouse SSH and that Mr Hypro changed his story when the strain became better known and spread.

I believe the moppel/mrhaze version about the origin fwiw.

Hypro did tell me the origin of the name though and this i do believe. .. Every few days he would invent a fantastic name for his plant, but stonedley forget it quickly and start pestering his wife to remind him of his inspired new name, so one day a very fed up mrs hypro turned around to him and said "why dont you just fucking call it amnesia, because it always makes you forget everything"