What's new

5 light stadium first attempt

I have been growing trees using vertical lighting for the past few years in a ppk system. Decided to say fuck the plant count and try a stadium type grow. This is also my first time running coco coir dtw. Here's the racks...

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
F8Voj23.gif

subbed and good luck

Right now there are 38 chemdawg in there, which I had to buy. For the next run I will be closer to 99 plants but this was all I could get for this run. Never grown this strain before, don't know anything about it and I don't know which breeder its from. Beggars can't be choosers. I am currently in the process of acquiring seeds to make mothers for the next run. Suggestions appreciated.

The racks are 12 feet long. Using 5 lights in there. 600 watt bulbs at the moment but once my mini split is installed this weekend, I will step up to 1000 watt bulbs.

Here's some pics of the drainage. The racks themselves are slightly slanted so they drain. Each rack drips down onto the rack below it which then drains into a 7 gallon feed tray which I am currently dumping by hand every few days but these will eventually drain automatically once I get a few float switches.

amanda88

picture.php

This chart...(if it shows) is very handy at setting HPS distances,
I've been using it these last 5 years with grand results

View Image
This chart...(if it shows) is very handy at setting HPS distances,
I've been using it these last 5 years with grand results
Thank you for your response. Chart not showing but I know exactly what you are referring to. Are you trying to say my bulbs are too far from my plants? The room is set up for 1000 watt bulbs, the 600 watters are temporary.

paper thorn

Veteran
Hey concentrate, I kind of like the way you put the pots on those seedling cell trays. for sure you won't have anyone sitting in their runoff!
I really like the way you cut out the stair step things for your planks to sit on. I assume you cut those yourself

Thank you for your response. Chart not showing but I know exactly what you are referring to. Are you trying to say my bulbs are too far from my plants? The room is set up for 1000 watt bulbs, the 600 watters are temporary.

Fuck that chart... Maybe it works well for air cooled hoods and singular lights but my grows got SO much better once I stopped trying to get the most out of my lamps.

Letting the plant naturally find it's own sweet spot(which will differ between cultivars) will yield much better results(as well as quality).

Good call on the 600s to start, a lot of vert newbies(not saying you are, cause I'm seeing some pretty crafty shit and proper foresight) don't realize how much the RH drops around the lamps and how much biomass you need to counter it(combine that with people being too eager to be too close to the lamps - bad combo and imo the reason why so many vert grows fall short).

props on the seedling trays(wish I woulda thought of that a couple months ago), getting the trellis up, and flowering when you did(I'm a chronic over-vegger, trellis procrastinator).

Respect

paper thorn: Thanks for checking out my grow. I learned that cell trays trick from desertsquirrel in his new warehouse thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=215910. Check it out, impressive grow. Keeps them from sitting in the runoff and allows air pruning on the bottom of the smart pot. Yes I did build the racks myself; I'm a big DIYer. Took a few tries to get the stair step supports cut properly. Had to buy a protractor to figure out the angles.

Lil' Brodhi: I tend to agree with you about the chart. The plants will tell me if the light is too close. Also, I recently read the coco trees thread by DJM https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255 (which I think everyone should check out regardless of their grow method) and he advocates bolting the hood to the ceiling and leaving it there for the whole grow. Dude knows his shit for sure. His results are phenomenal and I try to emulate him as much as possible. Too far from the light is definitely preferable to too close, esp when running bare bulbs. Thanks for looking.

BTW, does anyone know if chemdog is a stretchy strain. I don't really know anything about it. Not sure if it is chemdog, chemdawg, chem D or what. The guy I bought them from didn't know what breeder they're from. Thanks!

indocult

Nice setup man.

I'll disagree with lights being too far away though, as long as temps can be in control.. I ran a 1k vertical bare bulb in a 4x4 tent and pulled my best numbers to date during the winter when I could keep the temps cool..

Looks good though, vert sog defintely should be pulling some numbers

oti$

Nice set up. Are those 1gal smarties? I'm also digging the seedling tray idea, I've been trying to think of an easy answer for my smart pots. Chem dog is a decent strain for vert. Chems, diesels, WiFi I've had great success with. I have never had a problem getting 6"-10" from the bulb with a fan blowing up on it, but getting too close reduces the area of the canopy. Your canopy is looking good your walls will be nice and full of nugz by harvest time. I'll be following this one.com it looks like it will be a fun one to watch:D

oti$

Yes you should get a decent stretch...if it's a legit chem or even a decent representation...Your trellis will be full!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm loving this setup, I'll definitely be around for the duration. I ran a stadium setup in a walk in closet that was my first ever vert attempt. Coincidentally I had some Chemdawg thrown into the mix. The Chemdawgs are the darker ones on the right side.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Big-Narstie

Very nice stadium mate. It's gonna blow up in there, no ones safe lol.

Mm mm a room full of chemdawg ohh yeaa!

All the best for this project.

Thanks for compliments guys. I give a lot of credit to these forums on icmag. I have learned a ton of stuff on here including how to grow vertical, how to make my own nutes and countless other valuable things. Thanks to all the members with experience who post on these boards to help people out.

Otis: Those are 2 gallon smart pots. Next run when I do a higher plant count I will use 1 gal smarties.

Lots more pics coming. Can anyone tell me how to make them appear really big in the thread? I see that on other threads but cant figure out how to do it. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts