What's new

Two seedlings from same seed

Floridian

Veteran
Like the title says,the taproot had a side protrusion the resulted in another seedling.Two perfect seedlings too close to each other.I guess I'll have to cull one at the soil line unless someone has a way to save both.It would help I've been having a problem getting seeds to give me 1 taproot much less 2 lol.

Its a worthy keeper. I've seen that a few times in the old OG site. They won't get root bound any quicker, just live harmonious. Grow it out.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
It happens bud, grow em out they'll be fine or if your really worried cull one like ya said but I'd just stick two stakes in the pot to keep em a bit away from each other.

black flag

It happened to a friend.
He separated the two plants in two pots and both still lives.
Two completely diferent phenotipes.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for every 1000 seeds i pop i get about 1-2 the have "twins"

naturally accuring phenomenon in all of nature, even humans

i have found, that if the runt is female, she is very very special. in quality. not so much for commercial. albeit can be done commercially, in more epxensive regions of productions wouldnt be worth the effort

med-man

Floridian

Veteran
Twins

Twins

Well I ended up separating them and they are both nice 4 inch babies that are really healthy.I still don't understand it though.How can you have 2 plants with only one "growtip"?A root was jutting out of the side of the main root but these are roots not plants.If it had not happened to me I might be skeptical myself,But its true

Latest posts

Latest posts