What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Teflon© bag collection tek

foaf

Veteran
sorry guys, this thread got shit on by a vendor and its too cluttered for me to feel good about, posts like this and long discussions about issues that arent applicable force me close this thread down. If you want to know a cool way to avoid scraping your solvent based extractions and make collections easier, just PM me.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=50302 new thread

genkisan........... said:
If ANY Teflon gets into your mix, even a tiny particle you cannot really see, it WILL KILL YOU

Paleeez :moon:

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
thanks for the link. that place is cheaper and has a better selection than where I found. they have 2.5 mil bags there and they are cheaper yet and would work just fine :)

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
Ive done 8 runs in the honeypot and collected about 3 ounces of bho using these bags in the past month. Im here to tell you this is the way to do it. I dont miss scraping at all, and its just super to be able to dump the powder into whatever container you choose. :)

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Awesome idea Foaf, i'll deffinantly try it

<edit> Help me out foaf, i can't find it on that site, Is it the Toaster/grill bags? Those look smaller than what you posted.

Last edited:

Keefhead

Great site. Fun to see all the uses of teflon.

The one that caught my eye was Part No. P00016-2 , L = 7", W = 6", 10 bags for $16.90. Should be big enough to pour the contents of the tube(s) into, and wide enough to make it easy.

I've run a fair number of BHO runs, read a lot on the subject, and never seen an idea that struck me as CLEVER as this one. :respect: You just solved a messy problem.

I do have a question. I've always evaporated outdoors, usually in a bowl of warm water. I get a nice amber oil, great to add to the top of a bowl. :yummy: However, I know nothing about vacuum purging.

My big question is: Can you suggest a way to vacuum purge a little less complex than your recirc. system? Maybe by just using one of the pressure pots in your thread and connecting a "safe" vacuum source to it? I have that.

Thanks.

foaf

Veteran
once its mostly dry, an old pressure cooker off ebay or an old paint pot. if you can solder some type of needle valve on it so once you get the vacuum you can keep it for a while. you can solder brass to stainless or pot metal or copper with silver solder and a MAPP gas torch., probably a way to do it with plastic and epoxy too.

Keefhead

foaf said:
once its mostly dry

Thanks for the quick response. WOW.

So, as I understand it, you first evaporate it down to a nominal amount (mostly dry), then pour it into the bag and put it into the paint pot. Put a vacuum on it, and suck out the remaining butane.

If I have it right, it's really simple.

Soldering it is no problem. I was thinking of adding a vacuum guage just to monitor the vacuum for any leaks.

Thanks for your help.

foaf

Veteran
actually you blow all the butane straignt into the bag, there is no transferring. but what I meant was for just a purge, you would probably just let it mostly evaporate first, with heat or just time, then vacuum purge it. that way you could suck a vacuum, close the valve and then turn off your vacuum system and come back now and then and apply it again. Once I get it mostly dry, I turn off the pump and close the valve and then when the pressure rises, (Ive got a guage on mys system) I reapply it.

if you had a constant souce of vacuum that dumped the gas outside safely, like a waterbed drain system does. you could do all of the evap and purge with vacuum.

Keefhead

Clear as a bell - I got it now. Thanks for all your time and patience. :wave:

I may be old, but I'm living proof that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. :biglaugh:

Green grows to all.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I ordered a couple of these bags, and made a bit of oil. But I think I did something wrong.

I blew straight in to the bag, and let it sit overnight. In the morning I placed it in the freezer, but it never got brittle. It stayed sticky and gooey. So I just kind of forgot about it for a couple of days, and just came back to it. It's still gooey, but it sticks really nice to my knife (Which it didn't do before :huh: ). So I just loaded up the knife blade with oil, scraped the knife with a razor blade, and dropped the dollop on top of a bowl. I am now currently ripped out of my mind :D

Any ideas on why it didn't get brittle or stick to my knife before? Did I not wait long enough for purging?

Love the bags though. Especially if I can get all the oil without having to scrape it out of a pyrex dish :woohoo:

You answered your own question I think. Purge more. FWIW, I tried foaf's techniqueThe first time I was in a bit of a rush and got similar results to you. Second time, I purged longer than usual, and it worked out just fine. Make sure, you have the bag as wide open as possible, and let it purge longer than normal.

Latest posts

Latest posts