What's new

Legends Ultimate Indica journal

Hi ICMag

In this journal I will blog the life of a Legends Ultimate Indica (http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Legends_Ultimate_Indica/Spice_of_Life_Seeds/).
The cut I'm running is the one sold in Flowery Fields, Vienna.
This cut barely stretches during flowering.

She have been vegged for a while now, and will continue to veg until she covers 1.2x1.2 meters.
I started by LST the branches sideway and I keep them growing to the sides by supercropping.

The system is fairly simple:
*80L smart pot with reused fully organic soil mix
*Hand watering
*Feeding almost only by second hand feeding - compost teas, mycorrhizae, stinging nettles FPE etc.
*600W light in a cooltube. Sylvania GroLux with Lumatek dimmable ballast currently at 400W
*Drainage into a bucket with a beer crate as a spacer for the smartpot
*6" vent (exhaust), 16" fan (circulation)

picture.php

Questions and criticism are always welcome :)
-SP

yts farmer

Veteran
Hi there ill be keeping an eye on this 1 as i have run l.u.i from seed years ago and it was a very nice smoke, not typical indica like Nl but very nice all the same.

I got 2 different phenos from a half pack of seeds 1 typical xmas tree shape and the other was a single cola plant with very large bud. The single cola pheno was near identical to a pheno i had with sol blockhead. Both l.u.i phenos needed long veg as you mentioned very little stretch also.

Was also in austria for the f1 this year but unfortunately was unable to goto flowery fields or the other shops which sell cuttings.

Peace.

Last edited:
Hi there ill be keeping an eye on this 1 as i have run l.u.i from seed years ago and it was a very nice smoke, not typical indica like Nl but very nice all the same.

I got 2 different phenos from a half pack of seeds 1 typical xmas tree shape and the other was a single cola plant with very large bud. The single cola pheno was near identical to a pheno i had with sol blockhead. Both l.u.i phenos needed long veg as you mentioned very little stretch also.

Was also in austria for the f1 this year but unfortunately was unable to goto flowery fields or the other shops which sell cuttings.

Peace.
Hi yts and welcome to the show!

I find the high to be very dominant body high with barely any head high. It stones the body but keeps you clear. Not much couch-lock either.
This is my favorite morning (a.k.a. afternoon) Indica, and there haven't been much competition in this field lately so I dig it.

The FF cut doesn't grow single cola by nature (it branches), but now that you mention it, I believe it could yield extremely well in a single cola SOG setup with the help of some prunning.

-SP

3 days later:

Before:
attachment.php

After supercropping and trimming:
attachment.php

The beauty got 10L of rain water with mycorrhiza, humic acids and kelp to help her recover quick :)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 19

yts farmer

Veteran
Hey nice bit of training on the lui, cant wait to see her at the the end. Want to see what type of pheno flowery fields are selling and see if it looks anything like what i got from seeds.

Peace

M.R.GT

Veteran
Nice grow. Love the training.

Ran LUI for several years. Great smoke. Big yields.

Hope ya don't mind. Here's a pic of a LUI cola.
picture.php

If the pic bothers ya just let me know and ill take her down.

Your going to be very happy!!!

Peace
GT

My camera fucked up so updates will take a bit.
nice one will be watching along for this one..
Welcome!

Hey nice bit of training on the lui, cant wait to see her at the the end. Want to see what type of pheno flowery fields are selling and see if it looks anything like what i got from seeds.

Peace
Thank you. This LUI barely stretch in flowering so getting a good footpring in veg is important.

Nice grow. Love the training.

Ran LUI for several years. Great smoke. Big yields.

Hope ya don't mind. Here's a pic of a LUI cola.
View Image

If the pic bothers ya just let me know and ill take her down.

Your going to be very happy!!!

Peace
GT
That's a beast, man!!!
Do you have any grow info on this beauty? Pot and plant size, medium, nutrients, lightning, veg time, yield etc.

-SP

M.R.GT

Veteran
Hi Pharm

That's an old cut I ran for years from reds original stock.

She was grown in a 3.5 gallon pot RDWC using KISS.

3X stretch flowered at 10" finished around 3'. Good yielder, handled training well but this particular phenotype was a more cola dominate type. Finished in 10 weeks. Lighting was 2kw HPS. Veg time from seed 30 days from cut to size of 8" - 10".

Even buzz with nice head high easing into the body toward the finish.

Smell and taste of sweet flowers with a little dank undertones. Favorite of friends for many years.

I think you going to be very happy.

Hope this helps.
GT

GT that thing is beast as man... awesome efforts on that one mate...

im interested in this thread as i have LUI F2 and the cut i have is more leaning towards the ortega pheno..

M.R.GT

Veteran
Thanks Tumble

She was a favorite of many. She was more of a sweet tooth.

I liked here sister better. She was 50/50 SwtT / Ort. We called her 5 toes or 50. Hope pharm doesn't mind. This phenotype had more of a dank woody smell with a little sweet mixed in, great high and good yield.

picture.php

Most of mine leaned toward the sweet tooth side of the lines. I did have one that was more of an Ortega Dom. Looked like a big old hash plant with huge Jurassic park style leaves. Don't seem to have a pic of her. Old friend of mine called her Taco based on the shape of the leaves.

Hey Pharm not trying to hijack your thread brother. If ya want me to drop these pics its no problem.

Peace
GT

GT... i dont think pharma will mind the pics at all.. your just luring people in for his show...

if it is cool i'll post some pics of my LUI aswell.. good thing about this if someone is looking for info on LUI they can come across this thread and see sifferent pics from different growers and could get more a idea of what to expect from there LUI.. if its new to them..

so GT.. did yours come from F1 spice of life beans? mine were the derga collective F2's..
a mate had got some and grew them out and kept this cut then it ended up in my hands..

ive also reveresed my cut of LUI to make fem beans.. due to cold i think the preggers plants may of stunted i'll keep my fingers crossed and keep you guys posted.. but yeah i could post pics of my fem and also the one i reveresed..

and i heard from someone that mine was more ortega pheno.. so could be interesting i may post pics and you guys are like no no thats not the ortega pheno...

thanks guys.. take care..

M.R.GT

Veteran
I hear ya tumble!!:tiphat:

Just trying to get the OK fro Pharm. Some folks are funny about things.

Ya know the deal.:biggrin:

I really would like to see your Ortega Phenotype. Like I said mine was a big old hash plant leaning phenotype. If you ever saw it you would never mix it up with the SWT Phenotype. Ill dig around and see if I still have any pics to compare with yours.

The ones I posted are F3's from red's original stock that I made around 05 - 06. All the original pics from his stock were lost in a hard drive crash. I ran Reds LUI for several years and several generations. If ya got an Ort phenotype you got lucky. They don't show up in the lUI as much as in other crosses. Even in the F gens.

Oregonkid ran a couple or crosses that expressed themselves pretty well. Foe20 before his demise was working an Ort line but I don't know what ever became of him or his work.

Either way both of you guys are going to be pretty happy with the results. I always was!!:biggrin:

Peace
GT

M.R.GT

Veteran
Not a good shot but the best I could come up with.

Ortega Phenotype.

Like I said Foe20 was working to produce an Ortega line at one time. Per conversations with him. He was pretty confident that it was an Ortega Hash Plant. The only thing I am sure of it looks nothing like the SWT phenotype.

Peace
GT

ha ha do you know how happy i am to see those clawed leaves.. its not just me.. yep if you say thats ortega pheno and i think mine is aswell i think were on the right track with us both having a ortega pheno.. im intrigued by this pheno.. NL5 x NL1... interesting.. mine doesnt stretch much once flipped and has very solid dense thickish buds.. the pistils are very thick aswell.. i'll have to slap up some pics of them tonight..

love your work there GT.. looks like you grow beasts..

Last edited:

M.R.GT

Veteran
ha ha do you know how happy i am to see those clawed leaves.. its not just me.. yep if you say thats ortega pheno and i think mine is aswell i think were on the right track with us both having a ortega pheno.. im intrigued by this pheno.. NL5 x NL1... interesting.. mine doesnt stretch much once flipped and has very solid dense thickish buds.. the pistils are very thick aswell.. i'll have to slap up some pics of them tonight..

love your work there GT.. looks like you grow beasts..

Thanks brother, its appreciated.:tiphat:

Yup I would agree with your assessment. This is what I have always considered a Ort pheno. She can be a beast. They don't stretch to bad. If veged to long and given enough root space, she can blow up on ya.

Peace
GT

i know there tiny compared to MRGTs beasts and even your big weapon pharma..
and i know i have a little nute burn on the tips but i just backed off once this happened.. no stress at all..

anyway hope the pics help with some comparisons.. very rare ill post public pics.. but if pharma wants ill be happy to do like a weekly update.. if not just shout out pharma...
nice thread mate.. loving it..