What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shooey's Adventures with Green Poison (FV)

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
picture.php

Punter 1:... seriously? did he just do that?

Punter B:... I know right? wot a c*nt!

:tiphat:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
First in :D

Cheers my friend. Nice to know, I'm sure it will be interesting to watch so bring it on! ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hey Tommy good to see ya mate :)

First, here's the Bumpf, feel free to skip it... :)

Green Poison Specs:

This very high yielder is a hybrid with Indica predominance but with long and flexible side branches over which dominate a large main cola. With a vigorous growth and a fast flowering period, this plant is a super-producer of buds starting just a few days after the beginning of flowering.
The aroma of this variety is very intense, sweet, fruity and different from the aroma of the other varieties from the Sweet Seeds catalog. Due to its fast flowering this plant is suitable for growing in humid areas where mold and fungus usually attack.

Indica/Sativa: 70%/30%
Indoor Yield: 500-650 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 500-700 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 7 weeks

Green Poison FV Specs

Feminized and non-autoflowering version of our SWS14 (Green Poison®) now featuring ultra-fast flowering. This strain is an F1 hybrid resulting from the cross between an elite clone of our appreciated Green Poison® and a selected 3rd generation of SWS30 (Green Poison Auto®). This strain is ready to harvest with thick buds all covered of abundant aromatic resin only 6 weeks after the flowering photoperiod begins.
The plants have the appearance of Indica-Sativa hybrids, with an exceptionally vigorous growth, a very fast flowering and large production of flowers. Exquisite taste and aroma with a sweet intense hint of fruit. This strain is remarkably resistant to mold in outdoor grows, considering that due to its fast flowering the plant succeeds in anticipating its harvest to the period in which botrytis usually attacks.

Indica/Sativa: 70%/30%
Indoor Yield: 500-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 500-700 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 6 weeks

--------------

Seedling Stage

14 seeds (7 x GP FV and 7 x GP Originals) were started in root cubes in my "High-Kea" veg (tool) box under 125 watts of blue CFL until fully rooted.
Seedlings transplanted 0.6 liter pots in Coco and fed Canna Coco A+B (0.5ml week1) 1ml + Rhizotonic 1ml
pH 5.8, EC 1-1.20

Veg and Pre Flower Stage

Plants were then transplanted to 10 liter pots to veg for 2 weeks before being flipped, at which time I'll take some cuttings. Feed at this stage will be Canna Coco A+B 1ml - 1.5ml .
pH 5.8, EC 1.25-1.50

Flowering

All pots moved to my DR120 under 600 watts of sodium for the remainder of flowering (6-8 weeks).
Plants will be fed Canna Coco A+B 1ml-1.5ml plus Sulphos Gold C at 1ml from week 1, up to 3ml in week 3 of flowering, reducing after week 5/6 . In week 3or4 we'll also be adding Canna PK 13/14 for 4 days.

pH 5.8, EC 1.25-2.00 (during PK boost)

Flushing

(lets hope we get this far :D)
Flush will be 14 days consisting of GHE Ripen for 10 days and 4 days of straight water.
pH 5.8, EC as little as possible ;)

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Veteran
So, before I begin, I'd just like to take a moment to thank Tommy, Jay and the crew for giving me the opportunity to try out these seeds, seriously awesome customer services...cheers guys ..

Ok so here's the first installment.. we'll call it.. to FV or not to FV, that is the question...

picture.php

Green Poison start date - 18.06.2015
Less than 48 hrs and all 7 Fast Version are up and nicely sprouted, 2 originals also fully sprouted with 4 more showing signs of life.

picture.php

Four days later and all the Fast Versions are potted on.. all Original potted on the 23rd, so a 100% germ rate. Of those 2 were stuck and needed help, one had a hard shell that also required a little teasing, and one (original) was a weak albino... potted her anyway.

FV
picture.php

7 Days in and all GP originals are now fully sprouted and trying for life, 4 strong, 1 meh, and 2 runts.. one has broken off one of it's cotyledons and is limping along...GP Fast Versions are all flying away, looking a little yellow.. will give first feed with 0.5ml A+B and 1ml Rhizo now... temps a steady 27c rH 50%

GP Original
picture.php

Day 8: one of the strong GP originals is leaning over, not sure if it's damping or if it's found a hot spot in the coco or what, not usually an issue...put it out side in the sun with a minidome and a flush of 0.8ec - 0.5ml a+b and 1ml rhiz - outside is cloudy with temp of 20c

Day 9: second strong GP original now looking weak and wilty..temps 26-28c

HEATWAVE - TEMPS PEAKING AT 37c.

Day 10: most of the GP original now dead, probably due to overheating.... 2 survive, all Fast Versions looking well. Although 2 of the FV wilted really badly on the days when it got up to 37c+, they were able to recover fully...

picture.php

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Veteran
After a slow start due to the crazy heat, the survivors are going full strength... only one GP original survivor, all Fast Version made it through..

picture.php

So, to answer my own question, to FV or not to FV? The answer is this, the FV all came up fast enough and were established well enough that they were able to survive the heatwave, the poor little originals were just too young and fragile to cope with it and as a result they all perished, this is another plus for fast versions, they are more likely to survive because of quick establishment of roots.....

JamieShoes

Veteran
nearly 2 weeks later....things are going verrrrry slowly.. I figure it's just down to the heat and the stress... however....

today I found that the CFL above GPs was failing. replaced with it new one... hope this explains slow going (old bulb wasn't at all bright, in fact I only realised the fault when I found myself staring at in a kind of day dream then realised I really shouldn't be able to stare at it without burning out my eyeballs..)

picture.php

2 days later and we're ready to pot on (just about, could really have done with a couple more days for root development, but I'm already nearly 2 weeks behind on these so on they go) buried the beast as deep in the pot as she would go, shes still towering above her sisters... I have high hope for that one :)

album.php

all looking good, and ready to move to the DR120tent tomorrow.. probably 4 or 5 days veg to even out canopy then flip...

picture.php

moved the smaller ones to the flower tent, now vegging under 12 hours of HPS and 6 hours of CFL.. already gained a few inches as of 08.08.2015.. I will make final decisions on what other plants to add in with the GPs to fill out the space, still looking to flip in a few days..

:tiphat:

JamieShoes

Veteran

FLIPPED!!!! :woohoo:

After a few set backs here and there and after deciding to add a ZamalxHash and a Santa Maria to fill out space, I now have 7 x Green Poison Fast Version and 1 x Original flipped... I kept the bigger GPs under CFL for a few days while the other caught up and in no time they were all up to speed... at time of flipping they were all between 18 and 22 inches, all topped once....here we go :D

picture.php

B

bigganjabud

Good luck bro, i got a full tent of sweet stuff atm but same as u im starting a diary in a few weeks, but documenting my progress till then

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks for looking in fellers, I'll try n keep it interesting... with the short flower time, we should be hopefully seeing some buddage in no time :D

totally agree with holding off on diaries mate, my seedling shots are not the most interesting are they lol and I hate having to cut a thread short if something goes wrong.. which is prone this time of year with the hotter days ;)

I look forward to it when you decide to start your thread up bro

be lucky
j

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Super curious to see how that regular GP vs the FV GP compares! I know for a fact that after having worked with the FV CC's I will be trying out the CC regulars!

Best wishes and I'll try to chime in whenever it might benefit you brother.

-DZ

B

bigganjabud

Im interested in the difference in smoke between the red and green poisons

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers mate!

Very nice Jamie, looking good. Lets see how they react to the 12/12 light cycle.

Sweet smokes! :D

tommy

JamieShoes

Veteran
UPDATE:Week 1 of 12/12 (end of)..

Everything looking fine and dandy in this tent, the area is filling up nicely and after 7 days of 12/12, heights now range from 25 to 32 inches, gains of 7 to 10 inches.

A little bit of light bleaching in a few of the plants that were added later but nothing exciting. I started inching down the lamp this week, but there's still a long way to go...

The biggest girl is already looking very tall (32"), I think I'm gonna have my hands full with that one...I'll take cuttings this week before the hormones really kick in, I think she'll be the one I'm favouring...we'll see, I'll take cuts of everything :)

picture.php

picture.php

be lucky
j

HereIgrowagain

Hi Jamie, can you just clarify for me mate, how long from popping seeds/veg time to flipping to 12/12 and did you run full 24hr light from seed to flip? Cheers.

Latest posts

Latest posts