What's new

new leaf trouble

sc1

Im having problems with a chse, mlwi, and a ssh. They are all 12+ ft tall and in early flower. Some of the new leaf growth, esp at the top, is curling down and looking brittle and dry. It doesn't appear to be overfert. They get water (about 7 gal. Per 25 gal container. Ev other day, and 4 to 5 hours direct sun a day. I'm using guano at half strength. I've also applied actinovate to the roots and foilage. Happened to me last year with a plant, couldn't fix it. At harvest time it had succumb to a white powdery mildew. Any ideas?

sc1

Alright, so I was looking at some images of heat stress. And some of the leaf edges are curled up like that. So maybe that's it. But days here usually don't exceed 100. Is there anything I can do to cool them down, will they recover?

sc1

Thanks, finally we can all see that it may not have been heat stress at all. I have determined that the leaves and bud sites are just experiencing change at the onset of the flowering process. Although many of the leaves have a wrinkled appearance, the overall health of the plants is satisfactory, they retain a vibrant green color. I shall keep a close eye on the plants as they continue to flower.

sc1

Thanks, finally we can all see that it may not have been heat stress at all. I have determined that the leaves and bud sites are just experiencing change at the onset of the flowering process. Although many of the leaves have a wrinkled appearance, the overall health of the plants is satisfactory, they retain a vibrant green color. I shall keep a close eye on the plants as they continue to flower.

If you work hard your whole life, everything you have ever dreamed of will be yours.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
vibrant green and curling downwards sounds like nitrogen poisoning...very hard to say without pics though...

Latest posts

Latest posts