What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Temps Surviving Strains

O.G.Monk

Hi all..

Some people like me at the summer we struggle too much to grow , and the reason is the high temps..

there is a various methods to lower the grow space temperature like using aircondition, heat exchanger systems with chillboxes, tunring to leds etc.. But all this methods are a bit of a struggle and they cost..
I have try all this methods and the only way i can solve the problem is the aircondition but it spents a lot of electricity.. and in a 4x4 space with one 600w hps i think it is too much to use ac..

i am using air cooled reflector strong ventilation etc.. but with 34-35 celsius outside it is hard to lower the temps in the growspace with just aircooled reflectors

as we all know the temps in the grow space must be 20-30°C at the vegetative stage and 18-26°C at the flowering stage, i have read many times that the temps to maintain in the growspace are depending from the strain you are about to grow too, i did a research but i didnt find any strain that is recomended for high temps, for example at the vegetative stage max temps can be 35c and in flower stage 30-32, i know all the plants can grow in those temps too but with not good growth rate..well i am looking for strains that can have perfect growth rate at those high temps or higher..

And i was wonder if anyone of you here have grow or know strains that can grow in higher temps than the other plants to share here on this thread with me and everyone else having the same problem..

St. Phatty

A year ago I made sort of a "useful mistake" ... was in June with 12/12 and no A/C.

Just got help from a neighbor manicuring some of it - so I got to relive some of my last year's grows.

Candyland did good. It went 'air-bud' ... but the smoke is great.

Sage & Sour did good too.

I changed the schedule to "lights off at noon" but it was still too hot.

b8man

Veteran
Another vote for Satori - survived conditions that it shouldn't have and was a damn fine smoke.

I gave up on the a/c when i lived in similar conditions to yourself. The plants hated it, the bills were insane and it never went to plan. Now my balcony grow, that was pretty amazing and much much easier.

amanda88

The more sativa in your strains the more tolerant of high temps your plants 'should' be, considering they originate from the tropics...?

Indica or sativa once they hit the threshold, they fall dormant anyways

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Had some serious heat issues recently. My blueberry sativa from e$cobar showed no signs of even noticing. And there were a few days that got hot enough to show signs of stress on every other strain present.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've grown OGR white fire at high temp with good success. I hit 33 C pretty consistently and she didn't blink. Still produced the same rock hard darkness as always.

b8man

Veteran
My Satori was punished. 35C +, high humidity, low light, denied magnesium - still finished with a small yield of tasty, great weed. Tough is an understatement.

Latest posts

Latest posts