What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terror threats

G

ganjygav

ALERTS TO THREATS IN EUROPE
From JOHN CLEESE
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.
The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.
Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."
The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."
Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.
The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.
Australia , meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbe' this weekend!" and "The barbe' is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.
Regards,
John Cleese ,
British writer, actor and tall person
And as a final thought - Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Fucking funny shit right there dude:

"...a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability."

Very good. Is this a recent bit by J. Cleese?

Sisu

Veteran
Yeah, but what if the terrorists get their hands on bananas?

cb47hdV.gif

G

ganjygav

Not sure if it's a recent bit of j cleeses. I just see it on the web last night while I was high. It threw me into a fit of giggles. So I copied and pasted here thinking if I found it that funny while stoned everyone else here would enjoy it. My Mrs asked me what I was laughing so hard about,when I read it too her she just had a glazed look in her eyes. WOMEN.

Dog Star

Veteran
This is funny shit... :biggrin:

Will love to hear what he thinks on Croatians... good joke and nice
humour,allways loved that crew from Monthy Python... and John Cleese is great actor,very inteligent one.

As a matter of fact i never encountered more inteligent humour than those of Monthy Python... my favorite kind.

Love how he explains nations thru jokes,i think this one will be
French and German diplomatic scandal.... LOL

Dog Star

Veteran
I'm pretty sure it's at least 3 or 4 years old.not that it matters,it's still funny!

Hmmmm.... its interesting cause its sounds like he reffering to last
events that happening recently inside Europe..

also that last sentence on Greece is some kind of indicator for this claims... isnt it?

G

ganjygav

Yeah it sounds as if he is talking about current affairs at the end.

Dog Star

Veteran
I think this comedy just comes in times it need to comes... whithouth any hate or shitstirring John Cleese was stirr a bucket very hard....

that is mine thoughts and thats why i think that Monthy guys always haved very intelligent humour.

Big respect to John... guy hitted a nail so hard...

shithawk420

Veteran
It very well could be recent.but i remember he did something very similar a while back.now that i think about it,maybe it was "something completely different"lol pun intended

Dog Star

Veteran
John Cleese... a professional comedy hitman...

first he mention his nation and get laugh from their own.... then he pinpoints others
and made them hillarious,

like much what he does.... its true professionalism in comedy.

G

ganjygav

Yeah the man is a comical genius, not many can make people laugh at their own nation and get away with it.

waveguide

Veteran
As a matter of fact i never encountered more inteligent humour than those of Monthy Python... my favorite kind.

you may like "the goodies" - same footlights crew. much more intelligent though - whereas cleese plays on pessimism, the goodies are indefatigably good.. which is much, much more intelligent than pessimism..

"goodies" humour can be hard to catch though, the subtext is usually deep and probably over your head if you miss something (eg. weren't there in the 1970s). i'd also recommend some familiarity with various global philosophies and a nice sativa beforehand :) it's more human, less intellectual. it's also pretty much invisible unless you are australian.

at the very least, you'll get 10 minutes of spratfalls and a chance to see tim brooke tayor dragged through a turd in the name of entertainment.

but i see cleese as a collection of hackneyed stereotypes... spanish armada.. still dredging that up? keeping british people authoritarian and very very tiresome. "the goodies" are more oriented towards expanding rather than contracting intellects (civilised people cannot detect this by habit).