What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lion Lured Out Of Park, Killed.

Green Squall

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/africa/zimbabwe-lion-killed/index.html

Can you guys believe this shit? I don't usually wish ill will towards people, but I hope this guy gets whats coming to him. His excuse was he thought "It was a legal hunt". He paid 50 g's to kill a threatened animal. I have no problem with the average hunter hunting for food, deer for example, but I despise trophy hunters who kill for sport.

Sorry for the rant. I had to vent :mad:.

shithawk420

Veteran
Hes a fucking liar.that was one of the most important lions alive.oxford was doing studies on it.this asshole shot it with a crossbow,and followed it for 40 HOURS until they finnaly decide to shhot it with a gun.fucking piece of shit is a liar

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Yea, he said it was all legal, (except for maybe that part about the lion had a GPS collar) and it's against the law to shoot anything with a collar in Africa.
With any luck at all everyone will boycott his Dentist office in Minnesota until he's penniless.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I could of dropped it quick with my crossbow... but lion aint on my shoppin list as I don't eat lion... to kill something so endangered and beautifull is shamefull...I wouldn't kill a lion if it was legal... I do wonder if they taste good tho..the dude must be a REAL TOOL if he couldn't kill the lion when the odds were all in his favor .. I say stick and arrow in his ass and let him run around for 40 hours or so..makes the rest of us legitimate hunters look bad... but guys like that I wouldn't associate with .. he CHEATS...yeehaw... don't believe his story all us hunters know the rules..i say we should pull all his teeth out..he should loose his right to hunt again..i hate when rich folks do this shit..happens all the time ..your not above the law asshole..errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr don't get me going..this guy is THIS GUY IS REPEAT OFFENDER he should loose his right to hunt forever..end of fucking story

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Put that sorry f*cker out in the bush and put a 50k bounty on his head! I hunt myself......but for completely different reasons.....anything I shoot is put on the table. Do not even trophy hunt deer..........antlers are too tough to cook in my opinion.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
the thing is those collars can be tracked by the wrong people too...the bad guys have the equipment too...I don't trophy hunt either ..matter of fact I have NOT shot before because the animal was so beautifull and it just didn't seem right..sometimes watching and admiring is the thing to do..sort of how I got into photography...YEEHAW... I wish they would invent catch and release hunting.. maybe a stun bullet or tranquilizer... then you could get a pic with it and let it go ..sort of like fishing..

Green Squall

He must be freaking out that his name was leaked. He's pubic enemy number one. Seriously, a name change and a move might be in in order.

Sisu

Veteran
Given his run-in with USFWS it's hard telling how many times he's skirted the law or ethical boundaries. What a jerk.

waveguide

Veteran
aaand currently facing a number of allegations of sexual abuse in office..

hi legal, i'm ethical, meet me! like to fuck shit up? cool! because you are thoroughly shit.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Tie a steak around his neck, tie his hands behind his back and set him out on the african plains.....

I DESPISE trophy hunters....

I have a 5x5 buck on my property most hunters would crap their pants to shoot...Huge beast, has 2 does and a couple fawns he heards around my property..... He visits my dugout pond every night for a drink with his family.

No way he will end up on anyone's plate if I have anything to do with it.... Shoot a little buck for the table...not that old beast.... and he is 5x5 right NOW....and the antlers are still growing :)

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Many decent folks hunt big game with a camera.

Also, many good people are collecting funds now to match the 50K
to prevent the next hunt.

20k lions left in the wild, hunt them? I think not.

Fuck Walter Palmer, he will be brought up on charges of poaching,
along with his “guides”.

They take that shit seriously in Zimbabwe.

RIP Cecil.

WelderDan

Veteran
When I was 11 or 12, my father taught me how to handle a gun. Once I proved I could handle a weapon safely, I was allowed to take the 12 gauge and .22 rifle out by myself. My father told me one thing. "I don't care if you hunt, but if you shoot it, you better plan on eating it. So if you don't like the taste of Bluejay, I better not catch you shooting one, because you will eat it."

I don't hunt much anymore, and I only shoot something if I plan on eating it.

merc500

a heartless sob with a frigging crossbow for a thrill . i thought narco cops were the lowest form of life but these idiots have them beat out

merc500

Tie a steak around his neck, tie his hands behind his back and set him out on the african plains.....

I DESPISE trophy hunters....

I have a 5x5 buck on my property most hunters would crap their pants to shoot...Huge beast, has 2 does and a couple fawns he heards around my property..... He visits my dugout pond every night for a drink with his family.

No way he will end up on anyone's plate if I have anything to do with it.... Shoot a little buck for the table...not that old beast.... and he is 5x5 right NOW....and the antlers are still growing :)
keep your eye on him cause there sure is some pucking idiot out there

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
I could of dropped it quick with my crossbow... but lion aint on my shoppin list as I don't eat lion... to kill something so endangered and beautifull is shamefull...I wouldn't kill a lion if it was legal... I do wonder if they taste good tho..
i was taught, carnivorous mammals are not so tasty.
and dude is a major dick!
:moon:

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Walter Palmer is a self-serving idiot! My hope is that he is extradited back to Zimbabwe to face a prison sentence there. What he did was not only cruel and heartless but also illegal under Zimbabwe law. People dont seem to realize or just dont care that when we destroy nature it can have a severe impact on the human race as well, not to mention the negative impact it has on the food chain in the area. Sick sick SICK fuckin' person...and he doesnt even know it.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
archery takes skill even a crossbow..when friends would hunt on my land at last pad I made them shoot targets in front of me .. if they couldn't hit the mark they didn't hunt .. if their range was limited then so weren't their potential shots shots while hunting...archery takes more skill then a gun ...if you shoot any animal make it quick and fast..this guy sounds like a real tool...I hope bad things happen to him ..real bad...yeehaw..there is lots of illegal hunts for rich people ..as a legitimate hunter it makes my blood boil...