What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout Cookie S1's

Mrs.Ping29

Hey all ! I thought I would start my first grow diary about my journey through my GSC S1's. My parent mom is a femmed seed from BC Bud Depot. The first time I grew her (lets just say the environment was not as stable as it could have been) she threw nanners and pollinate herself and a few others in the room as well! Second grow around she was perfect! So a first mistake hopefully turns into a lucky circumstance!
I planted 4 and 3 popped one was runty so I pulled it. Left with two I decided to plant 5 more and they have yet to come up! Follow me on my journey to find that one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 10

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Technically, your growing s2's . Your buds look nice, but it's not even GSC. BCBD is known for selling fake strains. But if you like it that's all that matters.

dannykarey

Reef's been working with bcbuddepot lately.........I don't think that's an accurate statement these days doubleog.

Most peeps just regurgitate the same things other peeps say with out having any personal experience.....everything I've run from bcbuddepot has performed as advertised despite what everyone says about them.

Im growing their Godbud CBD which I got straight from Matt, apparently Reef had a hand in this one as well.

Sometimes you gotta give things a go despite what the common perception is, might just be surprised imho.

Your plant looks great mrs ping, keep up the good work!

Danny

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Reef's been working with bcbuddepot lately.........I don't think that's an accurate statement these days doubleog.

Most peeps just regurgitate the same things other peeps say with out having any personal experience.....everything I've run from bcbuddepot has performed as advertised despite what everyone says about them.

Im growing their Godbud CBD which I got straight from Matt, apparently Reef had a hand in this one as well.

Sometimes you gotta give things a go despite what the common perception is, might just be surprised imho.

Your plant looks great mrs ping, keep up the good work!

Danny

I've actually seen grows of BCBD's cookies long before this thread was made. Looked nothing like any of the cookie cuts or even cookie hybrids I have seen or grown. Not saying that all their stuff is garbage, just misrepresentation of that said strain. A lot like Swerve's work. His gear spits out fire pheno's , just not the exact genetics he claims it is.

Mrs.Ping29

Bc bud doesn't look or tast like real cookies but it does have a good Kushy taste. I live in a place where it's a bit difficult to get top notch cuts! Lol I tasted cookie for the first time 2 yrs ago and have had this girl for about a yr now! I never heard of GG#4 till about a few weeks ago! Lol I'm behind the times! I would die for the forum cut or any of those.

Mrs.Ping29

Yeah harvest these about a yr ago they have been through the ringer( frozen and thawed) but hell or high water they still popping! Smoke is phenomenal and the stone is immediate couch bound. I have so many genetic in my garden I've only run her twice!

Mrs.Ping29

So my 5 seeds didn't even crack after 5 days in the soil! Wondering what I have to do to get these girls up and going! So I threw 15 in a glass of wTer for 24 hrs then paper towel bound for 12 hr. Hopping when I check them in a bit they have at least cracked. The babies are getting so big now. Growth is taking off and a repot will be done soon.

Mrs.Ping29

Gsc s2 #2

Still none of the 15 seeds have cracked. :( I'm getting just a bit frustrated atm! I'll have to go with cold strasafication if these don't pop. I cracked one open and the embryo look fine to me so not sure what the problem is. How long should I wait for them to crack before declaring them duds? I can do another s1 run if I need to but would rather keep going from here. I guess I shouldn't have pulled can the third runty one lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Mrs.Ping29

What the hell am I doing wrong?

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Ok so I took a pic of what the embryo looks like she perfect nice and green and healthy looking! But still no seeds have cracked. I took 5 of them and cracked the shells a bit they seem a bit tough. I put them back in the paper towel and on the cable box for another 12 hrs. I was thinking cold stratification earlier and even more now that heat is not working for them. s2 #1&2 environment was chilly and very dry. I'd say under 70 temps in an a/c room next to an open window. I had a bit of trouble getting 1&2 up it took 5 days to come to the surface and another week for them to do anything. Now that the humidity is up they are thriving but now the seeds don't want to pop! Ugh any help would be great thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 10

Mrs.Ping29

So I'm running with just the two girls that I popped first :( it's a real bummer the rest of them will not germ. All well I can just make more. I'll have some pics up soon been fighting p.m.!

Mrs.Ping29

My p.m troubles are almost over and not much growth from the girls due to the stress. In about 2 weeks they will be going in 3 gal hempy buckets to hopefully explode! Can't wait to see how the girls are gonna turn out and already wondering what I'm gonna be crossing them with!

Mrs.Ping29

So I decide to give the gsc S2 beans a break out of the freezer and now I keep everything out of the freezer due to germination issues I had been having and I do believe it worked! Popped these 5 s2 's in the water yesterday and surprise I do believe that's a tail! Paper thin but non the less a tail indeed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 8

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Lol here's what I found on the forums about bc bud fake cookies. Double og is 100% right Listen.... there are at least 3 fake cookies floating around BC. That's not how we roll. Names don't mean shit. Respected, large scale growers are showing me fake cookies flowers on the regular, having never seen a real verified cut.

We picked up every cookie cut that could be sourced in California from growers and disps alike, got our hands on cookies flowers from a cookie-fam supplied dispensary, and sent all samples to the lab for a cannab/terp fingerprint and compared each to the authentic purchased sample.

From there I purged the collection of anything that didn't show the exact fingerprint of the original, and then evaluated plants based on structure, flower set, and floral characters and selected the remaining cut that was true to type, flower character, and nose. The pinnacle cuts were selfed, and I'm now screening the S1 progeny.

You have 1 of 30 packs that made it to market, as a teaser for those seeking something rare and authentic in a market supplied by liars, thieves, and charlatans.

Expect Beta-caryophyllene dominant plants with limonene as the secondary terp, followed by a blend of myrcene and linalool in roughly equal proportions and a THCA content of approximately 28% in the flower. These are a segregating generation in which I am evaluating the homozygosity of the parental donor. A rare few can share in this journey, and hopefully will find something distinct in this market.

Fraud clones abound in BC, partially as a result of the market, partially a result of hackjob breeders taking the word of someone who sold/traded them clones. Like I said, that's not how we roll. We collect en masse, and evaluate based on floral chemical profile, so you can ensure what you are getting is derived from the real deal.

You are one of the lucky few 604, so enjoy the hunt. This is not a final product, simply a real look through the recombination possible from the unique chemotypic selection. Enjoy the ride!

-Chimera