Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > Blueberry questions

Thread Title Search
Blueberry questions Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2006, 10:47 AM #1

Question Blueberry questions

Hello all. I have just recieved my pack of DJ shorts blueberry, and I will be planting them within the next few months. I have heard that BB can be a tricky plant to grow especially for someone who is somewhat inexperienced. I am trying to get any tips that I can before I start this grow, so that I can hopefully get me a nice mother to keep for years to come.
I have a few questions for you experienced DJS BB growers out there. The first is this, I have heard that blueberry can produce some odd leaf deformities that can be "tricky for the novice grower". As I said, I am still a novice (the BB will be my 4th grow), so I am wondering what I should do if I come across this situation and also if there is there anything I can do to prevent it?
My second question is about cloning BB. I have never cloned before but I will be getting some practice soon with my Black Russian grow that is just weeks away. Any tips or help with cloning BB would be appreciated. As I said I am hoping to keep a mother plant so getting my cloning technique down is a must. Is there a clonign technique that anyone finds to have high success rates with BB, or does the strain not matter? Also any tips on caring for my future mother would also be greatly appreciated.
Well thats it for now, I know this may be alot to ask, but any help at all will help me a great deal. Thanks for the help

p.s.
Just wanted to thank DJ for all his hard work and dedication. If you see this DJ, thanks

Last edited by guerilla1018; 07-05-2006 at 10:50 AM..

Old 07-08-2006, 01:47 AM #2
Watson853
Ultra Entrepreneur

Watson853 will become famous soon enough
I've had better results with DJ Shorts Blueberry in a soil application, than I did with hydro. Out of a pack of ten seeds I had three phenos. One was medium tall, took longer to flower, turned purple when it was wintertime, very resinous buds, a medium yielder and smelled very nice.
One was short and flowered quickly, nice smell and didn't yield alot but was top notch smoke.
The third was medium sized, quick flowering, medium yield, very resinous and beautiful buds. (Sorry, tired from working all day). I've had better results with all three phenos in soil, in hydro.....that's when they seemed to me to be more nutrient sensitive. I'll try to find some recent pics.

I really like growing his Blueberry, it's a neat plant to work with and is definately unique. Just one growers experience.
Watson853 is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2006, 01:55 AM #3
Watson853
Ultra Entrepreneur

Blueberry Pic

This is the taller, longer flowering pheno.

Click to enlarge the pic, you'll see the details better. She's a beauty.

Last edited by Watson853; 07-08-2006 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: Better enlarged

Old 07-08-2006, 02:05 AM #4
Guest423
Banned

Guest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really niceGuest423 is just really nice
you got any pics of the other pheno's?
Guest423 is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2006, 03:37 AM #5
Watson853
Ultra Entrepreneur

No, not yet....sorry.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:34 AM #6

I agree with the deduction of Watson,lol.BB isnt that hard a grow its just a little nute sensitive and you might get a mutant here or there no biggie.Just cut yer nutes to half until you get the feel for how much the plant likes,and sometimes the mutants turn out sweet and grow out of it,but there are some mutants that are beyond help and should be culled,imo.I love BB and you will too, .Peace and stay safe,DancesWithWeed

Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 PM #7
Watson853
Ultra Entrepreneur

Blueberry pheno 2

This is the pheno that is mix of the three, looking at 45-50 day flowering, medium yield, highly resinous, top notch smoke. Easy to manicure too.lol. You people out there with scissor fingers know what I'm talkin bout.

I'm learning about my new camera, sorry about the quality of pic.

Last edited by Watson853; 07-08-2006 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: New Camera

Old 07-09-2006, 07:10 AM #8

Wow thanks for all the info Watson and Danceswithweed. I am growing in soil , so Im glad to hear that you have had an easier time with it. I am kinda worried still about feeding because my first two grows, I overfed both times, and niether strain was said to be nute sensitive. So watson, I was wondering how often you fed them? Your help is appreciated, thanks again

Old 07-09-2006, 11:22 PM #9
Watson853
Ultra Entrepreneur

No problem, glad I could be helpful.
I use General Hydroponic Nutrients. During the vegetative stage, I use them according to the lable which is ..
FloraMicro=2 tsp/gal
FloraGro= 3 tsp/Gal
FloraBloom= 1 tsp/gal

During the flowering phase it is basically reversed, with the FloraMicro staying the same. I've never had a problem with burning etc. Some of the pheno's with blueberry I'm sure are more nute sensitive, the ones I had the pics of are not.

I have the HPS on during veg stage 24x7, so I water usually every other day ( I live in a semi-arid environment). During flower, it's about once every three days. Keep in mind, I live at a high elevation and it goes from 3 percent humidity to 100 percent and back in a matter of days.....

I keep the soil moist, but not soaked and I use the nutes everytime I water. Last night some of the cured smoke blew my friends away. Great taste, great effect and beautiful to look at, in my humble opinion. Good luck.

Last edited by Watson853; 07-09-2006 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: Watering Intervals

Old 07-10-2006, 05:41 AM #10

Thanks again watson. I am looking forward to getting them going. I appreciate all the help, also great job on those plants in the pics. They couldnt look any healthier to me. Thanks for the well wishes