What's new

FREAKS!!! post your freaks and grower anomalies

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I hope this is the right place to post this. I figured you guys would get a kick out of this.

As we all know herb grows in sets of alternating nodes, with two budsites per node.

like this oaxaca node illustrates.

When you get three its a rare freak and called a trifoliate or something like that. But I am the only person I've ever heard of thats seen a quad-foliate.

check it out

on this pick you can see the 4 fan leaf stems instead of 2

it was a cross of (blueberry x jacks cleaner) x (trainwreck x sweet tooth)

sproutco

Veteran
I don't have a picture but when I germinated some kali mist seeds one seed had three cotyledons instead of two. (first leaves to come out of the seed)

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
I have one at the mo with 3 cotyledons ... and another which has 2 stems off of 1 root system

I love those abnormalitites...always try to get em on to flowering

Peace

Guest423

Veteran
i had a pure white plant before, no chloraphyll in it at all....anyone know what thats called? it's like an albino but it had another name, some guy told me what it was at OG but i don't remember....thing was cool but i put it outdoors and the sun killed it in about 2 days.

Peregrin Took

I had a quadfoliate type thing goin' for me a couple of month's ago with my 'mini-sog' UC grow, on all 8 plants.

Im pretty sure it wasnt truely quadfoliate. It happened on the lowest buds. My idea is was that since they were all clones, and I vegged em real tight under floro's, that once they started flowring and stetching, they stretched from that point, leaving that section with the super-tight nodes. So I think it was likely really 2 nodes, but just a very indistinquishable (sp?) spacing in between those 2 nodes, making it look like 4 buds all comming out at 1 node.

Looked real funny as they finished, as they all had their main cola's , regular secondary buds, but then a fat chunky looking area toward the bottom of the plant, almost as big as the top cola, just not as dense. Wish I had pics, but my comp was down during that whole grow.

Other than that, I havent been quite lucky enough to find a good freak. ;)

Cool thread, ill be watching.

P.S. I hope this post made sense. :joint: :friends:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah this plant really made it stand out. it was a runt SOG and before you reached the top bud that was dense like a diamond, but there were 2 inches or so between every node under that. and they each had 4.

TUTIDO

I spotted a new sprout today that had 2 Cotyledons, but one was much larger, seemed to be fused with a 3rd leaf. There's also three single blade leafs on it now.

bp420

on my last grow i had a small bud growing out of a fan leaf. can't say i've see or heard of it before.(i think i have a pic if anyones interested.)

had a couple of tri's on my last grow, and i think on my current grow as well. (can't remember..i spotted something this morning when i had a quick peek at my girls and i was like "what the fuck?"....but i haven't had a closer look yet..and i just pulled 8 cones and its taken me 20 minutes to write this, so to go back and have a better look would take atleast 3 hours...so fuck that :D )

wikidcalibudgrl

i got a plant growing now, a black domina,, i got several fan leaves that are half maturing and half not,,, very strang looking, i'll try an get batteries and some pics,,,

sproutco

Veteran
With the mutations occuring, I wonder if the seeds people have bought have been genetically mutated using chemicals by the breeders such as crocus extract (I can't think of the name...starts with a c for the chemical). Should we fear of this tinkering?

G

You shoudn't fear a chemically altered plant sprout... While it is possible to chemically alter the plant into becoming a mutant (for the lack of a better term), about 85% of these mutants occur natually within the chemical makeup of the genetics in the plant. These mutants (when the mutations are CONSTANT) are called whorled phyllotaxy(ies) or polyploidism.

Last edited:
G

What's even more mind boggling than a whorled phyllotaxy is the famous leaf buds of overgrow. Here is a picture of one of the famous leaf buds.

***NOTE*** This is not my picture, but a picture saved from overgrow.

9946noof.jpg

:canabis:

HarryNugz

I germed a couple remaining seeds and got this one. The leaves were abnormal but decided to try and veg it anyway.

If you look on the lower left you can see the freaky bits!

The new growth dominated and this turned out to be a very nice plant afterall.

Time2Unite..... I think your all white one is what's called verigated. This one of mine had a verigation to it as well.
Verigated plants go from a mottled appearance to the extreme like yours with no pigmentation.

G

Without chlorophyll, there's no way for the plant to get enough nutrients to survive. I would guess that the seedling was still taking nourishment from the food stores that were contained in the seed. Once those are used up, no amount of additional, artificial nutrients will keep it alive.

A number of variegated plants (those with a nice balance of areas that contain chlorophyll and those that are lacking) will inevitably produce a mixture of offspring that are either all-green, variegated with green and white/yellow, or complete albinos, which will die.

Another type of plant that lacks chlorophyll is an albino plant. Under natural
conditions, albino plants will die as soon as the energy reserves in their
seeds is exhausted. However, albino plants can be kept alive if the leaf tips
are cut and fed a sugar solution. The last website cited has a photo of an albino corn plant being kept alive by being fed sugar through its leaves.
Biological supply companies sell albino seeds.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/hershey/

9946Albino.jpg

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
bp the fan leaf bud is often a sign of se asian in particular chinese trait.

harry nugz are you the same from OG that grew the vietnam black?

G

nice plant 420

here is a pic of an unknown landrace haze variety.

every single leaf was half albino...very uniform too. (this is the only pic of the plant that I salvaged from my OG gallery)

it was a boy and was not used for breeding as it was a runt as well. (wasnt my plant anyway to decide that)

-yukon

Last edited: