What's new

Curling UNDER Leaves...Please HELP!

MichaelVick

I am 30 days from harvest and have leaves curling under severely and growing skinny at the buds. This is a recurring problem in this room and I believe it effects oil production. Please let me know if you have any ideas!!! :

Sealed Room
Temps 70-82 (82 max at canopy) using 31,000btu mini-split full blast
Humidity 50-70% (using hydrofogger huey and santa fe classic dehuey)
CO2 burner enriching set at 1000ppm (bounces from 900-1100)
4k NON-AIR COOLED lights
NO EXAUST EVER (is this OK?)
General Hydro three part per the schedule (tested many nute changes and no improvement)

See this thread for other possible details:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=276985&page=5

Much love and thanks for the help all! :tiphat:

MichaelVick

Forgot to mention a few things:

I'm in hydro. Homemade NFT system so O2 and watering should not be the problem.

And the closest plants are no less than 2.5 feet from the lights. Pretty much all of the plants exhibit the problem but it is mostly at the tops and the tallest plants in the center of the lights have the curling most pronounced...

It's a Super Skunk variety.

Please let me know what you think...

MichaelVick

Any ideas here guys???

Heat stress?

Too close to lights?

Too many fans blowing on canopy? Wind stress? (lots of air blowing around)

Could it be Ethylene gas from CO2 burner???

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
That is called clawing it is almost always because it has way too much nitrogen. So I would cut out the nitrogen entirely doing bloom and just feed PK or for the next couple weeks.... Or maybe better just feed plain plain water until the prob sorts itself out. Good luck. As a general rule of thumb you never want to feed nitrogen bottled nutrients during bloom. During bloom they just need PK and maybe occasional small hit of N if they are yellowing mid bloom.

I'm sure they will turn out great.

Also you should move the shorter plants directly under the lights and relocate the tall ones to the outside perimeter so they get a little less light, it will let the short ones grow up and the tall ones can deal with their problems better.

slender

heat stress, nitrogen toxicity , and over watering says the council. weed em out.... add magnesium if those don't work or add anyway if your not using it..

ambertrich

Veteran
Mr. B and JamieShoes hit the nail on the head, too much nitrogen.

I see you said you used GH three part nute and followed their feeding schedule - that is likely the problem. The nute companies always give you a heavier feeding schedule than is needed - they have an incentive to get you to use more nute, so you have to buy more.

I always start at about half the manufacturer recommended feed dose whenever trying something new until I see how the plants react. Easier to bump up feed than dealing with overfeed. By the way, I learned this the hard way myself.

Just FYI, even once you feed is corrected, the leaves that have already clawed won't unclaw so don't freak out that it won't go away.

Good luck with the rest of your grow.

MichaelVick

Thanks a lot guys. I am now past the part in the GH schedule that includes the grow juice. I have also turned off my CO2 burner and some wall fans. I did this a week ago and some leaves have already straightened out. I am going to assume it was the nitrogen unless anyone thinks it could be the CO2 or too much air blowing on the plants...

I will try to report back...

MichaelVick

Thanks so much for the help guys. I think you nailed it but only time will tell. I will do my next harvest without the grow bottle...