What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

One hole, 8 strains.. which should i pick?GSC 3cuts, Banana, Bubba, XJ-13 and more!!!

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Ok guys im having a really tough time figuring out which strain i should pick for my final hole for my 2015 outdoor medical garden (link in sig). i have 8 strains that i could pick for the final spot but am very undecided, this last clone will go into a 50 gallon smart pot that will be buried 2/3 in a hole (for better temps and water retention, we are in a bad drought) so it will be for Outdoors so keep that in mind, my main concern is always top shelf product and not so much yield, but both would be nice, no B grade stuff deserves a spot in my garden :p

If anyone has any personal exsperience or any knowledge really on these particular cuts/ strains that weould be GREAT!! All cuts were sourced from Bay Area medical clubs (Harboside, Oaksterdam, Sr-71, Oakland Organics, ect..)

-Agent Orange, JAck the ripper x orange velvet (oaksterdam clone)
-cookie frost (plat. cookies x gsc from Medicinal Organics)
-Key lime pie GSC (Burning Bush GSC pheno)
-XJ-13 (Jack Herer x G-13 Sr-71 cut)
-Blackjack (Black domina x Jack Herer, Queen bee clones)
-Banana kush (Banana x OG Kush, cali legend)
-Pre-98 Bubba (HUGE plant, FAT leaves)
-Sour Strawberry (sour D x Straw. cough, from Midnight farms)

Pics so u know im not wasting your time...

Agent Orange - Had a chance to sample an amazing batch of outdoor AO a few years ago. Flavor and smell were similar to Jilly Bean but the high was a bell ringer, much much more than any Jilly I've had. Most likely this was a combination of a great pheno and a very talented outdoor grower in Mendo but fact is, it still sticks in my head after all the fine outdoor samples/emerald cup entries I've tried over the past couple years.

Blackjack - The only Blackjack I see going around Northern Cali is the King Klone version which is Blackberry x Jack Herer. Performs well outdoors.

Banana Kush - Pure eye candy. Saw some finished that was grown on an outdoor farm that usually produces low-mid quality results on average. The Banana Kush from this farm could've been passed as indoor.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Agent Orange - Had a chance to sample an amazing batch of outdoor AO a few years ago. Flavor and smell were similar to Jilly Bean but the high was a bell ringer, much much more than any Jilly I've had. Most likely this was a combination of a great pheno and a very talented outdoor grower in Mendo but fact is, it still sticks in my head after all the fine outdoor samples/emerald cup entries I've tried over the past couple years.

Blackjack - The only Blackjack I see going around Northern Cali is the King Klone version which is Blackberry x Jack Herer. Performs well outdoors.

Banana Kush - Pure eye candy. Saw some finished that was grown on an outdoor farm that usually produces low-mid quality results on average. The Banana Kush from this farm could've been passed as indoor.

Wow! coming through HARD, i love it and its greatly appreciated, good descriptions

i've also heard really good things about the banana kush (banana x ogkush) and already have one in the garden thats been in a 45gal smartpot since june 3rd

here she is around june 23rd...

I'm pretty sure the Black Jack is the same as the KingKlone version, funny the retards at the Harborside clone desk said it was black domina x jack herer, i see you mentioned its good outdoor, usually that is code for a B grade commercial strain (blue dream and sour d come to mind) how is the finished product, could it be considered top shelf? pass for indoor?

main traits im looking for are resin production (could pass as indoor), smell, flavor (these are the big three), yield, finishing time (dry cali climate so i should be good for most but early finishers are nice), growth rate, pest/mold resistance... funny its usually the other way around for outdoor growers...

I'm pretty sure the Black Jack is the same as the KingKlone version, funny the retards at the Harborside clone desk said it was black domina x jack herer, i see you mentioned its good outdoor, usually that is code for a B grade commercial strain (blue dream and sour d come to mind) how is the finished product, could it be considered top shelf? pass for indoor?
No, I've seen probably 3 different batches of outdoor Blackjack from different growers. Looked pretty good at best but definitely would not pass as indoor eye candy, although a lot of patients still found it to be effective medicine. Looks amazing when grown indoors. Tests arounds 20% THC and consistantly 2-3% CBG.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
incase anyone cares the final choice was a really nice and healthy Bubba kush pre-98 cut that i put in the final hole.. did that to make up for some of the indica ill be lacking from the 2 small Forum cut and Platinum cut cookies plants