What's new

I have kidney stones?!!

b4df15h

Last monday, went to the hospital when I had trouble peeing..
Did a test, said it was a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).. So they gave me a shot in the butt, a script for some Antibiotics and said I'd be fine..went home.. That night I sufferered THE WORST pain I''ve ever experienced in my life, in my lower right abdomen, my back, my groin, SERIOUS PAIN GUYS!! feels like a major fart-bubble that wont go away mixed with a hernia, and throw some appendicitis in there.. well the pain went from excruciating to manageable after 3 hours in the bathroom thinking I was literally going to die! That night I slept ok, next day (tuesday) took it easy on foods, drinking fluids.. night came, no pain slept ok, then Wednesday came the pain, bout 9.30am, couldnt pee, couldnt hold down ANY fluids, everything from Monday night x10. Went to ER without hesitation. I mean NO second thought. Pain was that bad.. They got me in pretty fast just so I could roll around in a hospital bed in pain for 2 hours or more before hitting me with some 'pain meds' (morphine) through my IV. This helped a little for about 30 min. Pain didnt go away, but the morphine made me not care so much about it. Anyway, did a CT Scan on my abdomen, turns out I have kidney stones. Soon as they told me they gave me some more 'pain meds' and also an anti-inflammatory through my IV.(basically Ibuprofen for my veins) Pain subsided within 30 min. Doc told me take these meds, follow up, and be prepared because it will hurt. Came home Weds. night. Ive been taking my meds since, and havnt felt the same pain I did before. This doesnt mean I'm not terrified it will. The pain is soo bad.

Can somebody maybe shoot some advice, maybe some comforting words? I know I sound like a big baby (30yr old) but I could really use something to ease my mind from the FEAR of the pain coming back..

waveguide

Veteran
done it. over it.

first ones were a knife through my guts. involuntary screaming, heck. i was young, it was new to me. after a decade i could blow a half inch rock through my cock without a scratch.

two things i can tell you - don't give up after the first -

the first is that my first time i was rushed to a hospital 70 miles away. just as we got there i said "i feel fine, turn around". vibration is good. if youre screaming and the clothes dryer is running, sitting on the dryer will help muffle the screams and may help jiggle it through :)

okay now for real advice - citric acid.

that right there, lots of it. chug chug. :) get as much as you can in you before you turn into a pineapple, then you'll probably get the nicks and cuts but not the "we're remodeling your innards" stuff.

you'll also start to know where the parts are - pain in the back, sides, the beginning, then you get pain in the front sides. it will pass soon then, and that means when you urinate, do so gently. if a rock shoots out at high velocity it can scrape and sting, nothing to worry about compared to the gut slicing stuff.

CITRIC.

waveguide

Veteran
and fwiw, my nursing instructor said she thought male kidney stones were more painful than childbirth. i don't know if that's a good thought or a bad thought :)

spend a moment to verify citric acid on the web so you feel good about it, then happy blobbing.. i did mine on a motrin.

Green Squall

You probably have high levels of uric acid in your blood. Check out a list of foods with high purine levels and try to avoid. Ive always been worried about kidney stones since im susceptible to gout. Im too young for this shit!

RckyMtRdnk

coca cola dissolves them enough to pass through if you drink it all day long for a day or two and lots of it. Phosphoric acid.makes them less porcupine like.learned from experience...

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Advice? Umkay. When the time comes, brace your feet against the toilet and hands on the wall. When the passing starts, scream like a little girl, cuss like an ass raped sailor, and piss like a flame thrower. Unclench ass cheeks refocus your eyes then relax.

Jhhnn

Veteran
You're referring to the same kind of pain Dracula must feel when they pound a wooden stake through his heart but it lasts a lot longer?

I've known that pain & it's no fun. Gall stones are pretty much the same deal except that they can be surgically cured.

If nature is so perfect, why can we feel pain from things we can't do anything about? Our ancestors certainly couldn't. It's not like constructive information was even available. You know- lay off the booze, cheese, nuts, sweetmeats & other stuff.

iTarzan

Drinking coca-cola will not help except for extra fluid. Coke does not go directly into your urinary tract. It goes into your GI tract and the liquid gets absorbed into the blood stream. The extra fluid helps.

I am a nurse. Drink as much fluid as you can and flush them out. Drinking beer is the best thing. Alcohol dilates the urinary tract and the fluid will flush them right out if they are at all of passable size.

If you hate beer than shots of whiskey and many glasses of water. Use alcohol of choice.

The best thing would be to drink beer all holiday weekend. Drink at least 4 beers over the evening. The more the better.

You can use the water cure and drink a gallon of water over a few hours. But the beer works way better.

A doctor told me that one beer every night and a person would not get a kidney stone.

Seriously... get to drinking. By Monday morning you COULD be fixed.

Last edited:

RckyMtRdnk

The nurses and doctors told me I couldn't possibly pass this one, but I drank coca cola for two days straight til I thought I was gonna puke and it passed. It was blocking three more that nurses and doctors said wouldn't pass. They came later on in the day. Just didn't feel like taking pics of all of them. Just the one that I supposedly needed surgery to get out. Maybe coca cola didn't do it, but this thing was stuck for a week before the coca cola. This coincidence has happened/worked at least three other times. I don't normally drink any kind of soda ever. The acidity screws me up. I quit drinking it when I saw it dissolve 16penny nails. But that's what made me think to bombard my bladder, kidneys, and urinary tract hoping some of the actual acidity would pass through and help to dissolve them. All you got to lose is the enamel on your teeth, right? No biggie. Pissin gravel ain't for the faint of heart!:comfort:

G

I have it on good authority that lemon juice and olive oil work well.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I'm sure kidney stones are hell!

Gall stones are like having a railroad spike driven through your chest, real slowly.

waveguide

Veteran
https://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/pdf/kidney_citric_acid.pdf

university wisconsin citric acid

goggle phosphoric acid and kidney stones, cola and kidney stones

Kidney Stones: Prevention and Treatment | Hoffman Center
drhoffman.com/article/kidney-stones-treatment-and-prevention-2/
Oct 4, 2013 - Stay clear of soft drinks as most of them, especially colas, contain phosphoric acid, a stone inducer.

i don't have a reference for it but i saw some crap once about how soft drinks used to be made out of some stuff that did work for kidney stones but it's not in most of them any more. i don't drink them so i don't follow the recipes. but who knows maybe that was bullshit maybe it all is, g/l :)

but at least like, they say vinegar for calcium on pipes, right? i use citric acid for nutes and drink it frequently.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
my now deceased friend had them horribly...he went through hell and they tore up his stuff bad...poor guy had medical from navy and they tried everything..he was passing stones a lot... I once joked we should load him up with charcoal and hope for diamonds...poor guy was in so much pain and he never got to heal before next stone come through...rip Arnold...good luck to anyone going through it...yeehaw

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry but the only advice I can give is don't pass them while standing over the toilet.I've heard of people passing out from the pain and cracking their skulls wide open on the toilet.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I had a friend that had them very regular. He finally changed up his primary doctor who told him to start drinking homemade lemonaid. Told him that whatever was in the lemonaid would help him from developing the stones. Once he started do that he rarely had stones again. So check into that if ya want.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Having been in the medical field for over to 30 yrs.(previous career), I've seen many a wreathing patient suffer from kidney stones...liken them to sticker thrones scratching your ureter.

Consider getting a filter to make your drinking water more alkaline...you can buy it on Amazon. And drink plenty of fluids, filtered water, avoid profuse sweating, saunas as they tend to dehydrate you, creating more concentrated urine, or less output. Some kidney stones are calcium composition, others not. Lemon/citrus water helps, as well.

Foods including peanuts, rhubarb, spinach, beets, chocolate and sweet potatoes - moderating intake of these foods may be beneficial for people who form calcium oxalate stones, the leading type of kidney stones.

Be kind to your kidneys and sorry for your pain.