What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which strains have smooth come down?

DoDad

I don't like the hard crash that a few strains seem to give me.

What are some strains that the come down is mellower?

hugo23

the most thai strains gave me a smooth come down.
in general this trait is pheno hunting, a lot of strains have a mellow come down in some phenos.

DoDad

I'm out trying to find the answer myself. Here is something I found on DP.

Durban Poison is a pure (landrace) Sativa cannabis strain originating from the African region.

“Personally, I have found the Durban Poison strain to do a good job in keeping me focused, all while boosting my creativity.”

Medical marijuana patients can expect to feel uplifted and upbeat for the entire (prolonged 2-3 hour) medicating session. I typically experience very little to no come-down (or tired) feelings from this strain, making it ideal for putting it in your vaporizer, pipe, bong, joint, etc… anytime of the day.

DoDad

Can you describe a smooth come down? Do you mean one that doesn't make you feel sleepy after?

Yes. Doesn't make me want to crash at the end.

You never know what you can run into out there. This was worth the read. He says, Green Crack.

“Different strains of marijuana will have different effects on you. Indica strains will have kind of a ‘body high’ effect, while a sativa will be more like a ‘head high.’

“So there’s different types of weed for different times in the round. If I had my druthers, I’d start with a strain that was very high in THC-v. For me, that’s really energetic and really gets me going and excited on the first couple of holes. There’s no sort of lethargy or anything like that. It’s like the perfect, ultimate, morning, no-comedown kind of high. A strain that’s high in THC-v is called Green Crack.

“Around the fifth or sixth hole, I like to move to a high-THC sativa. Maybe something like a Tangie, which is a tangerine-smelling [strain], a really delicious kind of flower. Or maybe I’ll move to a haze, like a Lemon Haze.

“Maybe on the 13th or 14th hole, I’ll have a hybrid. I’ll have something that’s going to hit me in the head and that’s also going to affect my body, making it looser. A hybrid could be like a God’s Gift or Skywalker OG or something like that.

“And then maybe at the end of the round, that’s where I’ll switch to indica only. You want your body to relax. You don’t want to have too much pressure going into the 17th and 18th holes. Maybe I’ll have a dab of CBD (cannabidiol). That’s the stuff that doesn’t get you high, but it has a really nice body effect. If my back hurts a bit during the round, I might have a dab of the indica and then a second dab of the CBD back-to-back: one for the head and one for the body.”

DoDad

"Blueberry Haze is a hybrid strain of — you guessed it — Blueberry and ... and a half with an additional 30-45 minutes of pleasant “comedown."

DoDad

Another mention of DP.

"Durban Poison

"This is a personal favorite of the marijuana strains here at Denver dispensaries. Being predominantly sativa, this strain will put your head in the clouds and allow your mind to entertain a various assortment of ideas. You will feel your creative power start to breakout and soon you will be left with a wonderful masterpiece! This strain is well known for its potency and availability. If you are looking to escape into a fantasy land for a couple hours and be gently brought back to Earth, then Durban Poison is a great choice!"

Cannavore

Veteran

this would be the furthest from the truth, for me personally. GDP and stoney purples give flat "mellow" highs and leave you tired and ready for bed as you come down.

"clean" come down effects are found mostly in sativa and sativa hybrids.

DoDad

FS c99 was mentioned .

"One of the best aspects of the high is the smooth come-down with no burn-out at the end. I love indicas, but smoking them during the day made me a write-off as I would crash hard after. Not at all the case with C99."

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Moscas sweet tooth has the Strongest come down of anything I've grown recently. I realize this is exactly opposite of question.

DoDad

Moscas sweet tooth has the Strongest come down of anything I've grown recently. I realize this is exactly opposite of question.

I found a lot of those comments but didn't post them.

Delicatessen Queen Mother is supposed to have an easy come down.

Have you ever sat down with a few verified strains (where you know for sure what you're getting, not what some kid is calling it) and smoked them one at a time and recorded the results? Go do that man. Sounds like you just started smoking?

DoDad

Have you ever sat down with a few verified strains (where you know for sure what you're getting, not what some kid is calling it) and smoked them one at a time and recorded the results? Go do that man. Sounds like you just started smoking?

I would love to do this but unfortunately I don't have access to other strains.

I am trying to find out what strains I might grow that would not have a hard crash based on user opinions.

Just started smoking? LOL, uh no, but I have just started growing and looking for different types of strains.

highsteppa

Veteran
grape krush...the pheno I smoked was a smooth fade back to "normal". it was excellent ganja.

I feel the same way; I hate to crash after being high unless its some night time meds

DoDad

grape krush...the pheno I smoked was a smooth fade back to "normal". it was excellent ganja.

I feel the same way; I hate to crash after being high unless its some night time meds

Growing the stuff is my real concern I would hate to spend several months only to grow something that I didn't like.

I'm going with the FS c99 version thinking that the hybrid version has something that the original brothers grimm version didn't have that will make the comedown smoother. Nobody seems to complain about Female Seeds c99 and if the comedown was harsh, I would have found out in the smoke reports.

Next run c99. The seeds are on their way.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
TGA's Jilly Bean. Some people like the orange taste, others don't. When I trim the sweet/orange smell is almost nauseating. I definitely don't care for it before bed. It makes me want to do things and then eventually you realize you're not high anymore.

DoDad

TGA's Jilly Bean. Some people like the orange taste, others don't. When I trim the sweet/orange smell is almost nauseating. I definitely don't care for it before bed. It makes me want to do things and then eventually you realize you're not high anymore.

I like weed that makes me do things. Whenever I vape between 356-377* F, it makes me clean my house.

I have trouble staying awake during the day, early evening so anything that keeps me active is a plus.

Sounds like you just need to stick with sativas man. Indicas are what make you tired, plain and simple. Order a high-THC low-CBD sativa and you'll be happy.