What's new

Terpenator Dewaxing Column

Is the dewaxing column supposed to be run by itself, or is their further filters that are required? After studing other videos and reading, it seems the plant fats and lipids will be deposited along the side of the tube and will have some oil in it as well.

So I just run the denatured alcohol dry ice mixture on the outside of the column while running the system normally?

MrSpectre

Yep you'll need to devise your own filter stack. You can do a second wash of the machine to get all remaining oil. Fats can hold up to 50% THC so its worth saving for a rotovap.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is the dewaxing column supposed to be run by itself, or is their further filters that are required? After studing other videos and reading, it seems the plant fats and lipids will be deposited along the side of the tube and will have some oil in it as well.

So I just run the denatured alcohol dry ice mixture on the outside of the column while running the system normally?

Might you elaborate?

Basically just do an extraction run as normal, but I would fill the outside of the dewax column with dry ice and denatured alcohol. And this is enough to dewax? There will be no further filtration required to be in the column? Thats what I was asking

jswick93

I dont know for certain, but I believe you soak the column long enough for the mixture to get as cold as possible so that the waxes can be filtered out at each end of the column when opening the dump valve. Again, not 100% on this, coffee filters may help, but you might want a tighter screened mesh than 150 count as well.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Basically just do an extraction run as normal, but I would fill the outside of the dewax column with dry ice and denatured alcohol. And this is enough to dewax? There will be no further filtration required to be in the column? Thats what I was asking

You will still need to filter.