What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Destroyer x Highland Mexican

satva

Veteran

"Red Hair - 11-finger" smoke / vaporization report
14 weeks flowering. Aroma in the jar after three week cure - citrus / cedar.

Vaporizing starting at low temperature and incresing the temperature in three stages- low- medium - hot

Low / early vapors are Papaya / Lemon. The high is balanced, profound, euphoric, and calm energy. Spiritual high! Energy is balanced with increased awareness in a sphere from your heart to the top of our head.

Medium vapors are Lavender. The high expands out into the horizon with your vision. Your consciousness easily goes out into things, staring at objects, and a fascination with your senses. Lavender vapors have a trippy vibrational energy above the eyes and below the top of the head.

Hot vapors are cedar. The high has calm, feel-good energy that's balanced between grounded and expansive. Soft energy flow quiets thoughts - which is liberating. Contemplative, with a soft mental flow. Spaceous high - I find myself staring at objects or just staring into space.

Smoke tastes Lavender / Cedar / Hash. Nice strong high from smoking. Feel good warm energy, relaxed body, great for meditation -consciousness easily goes out to explore objects, or as easily goes out into space.

Highland Thai (HT) x Highland Mexican (HM). I like the high from both and smoke a mixture. I have two crosses using two different HT mothers and two different HM fathers. Same for HT x HM f2, two HT x HM mothers and two HT x HM fathers.

In Destroyer Highland Hmong / Meo Thai is dominate ~ 65% - 75% after 2003. Detroyer is about f6 or f7, so it stable. The original concept was [Highland Thai x (Highland Mexican/Colombian)]. I've only seen one older Destroyer grow report with strong purple either from the Mexican or Colombian.

Blueberry is a poly-hybrid, so yes you'll get lots of pheno-types breeding with a poly-hybrid.
Destroyer and Highland Mexican mother and father both have Highland Thai and Highland Mexican genetics. A cross of similar genetics.

Blueberry Sativa - [(Chocolate Thai / Highland Oaxacan Gold x Afghani) x Highland Thai x Afghani)]

Destroyer after 2003- (Highland Thai x Mexican/Colombian) x Highland Thai

Highland Mexican mother is 1972 Highland Guerrero (green) crossed with several Blueberry sativa males.

My recent harvest of Destroyer x Highland Mexican was my first grow of Ds x HM. I flowered and seeded two females with two males. I also seeded my favorite Destroyer female with two (Destroyer x Highland Mexican) males.

I breed for the high of Thai / Mexican. The general vigor and growth of Highland Mexican and Destroyer is similar flowering in 13 - 15 weeks indoors.

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Destroyer x Highland Mexican

Destroyer x Highland Mexican - (Highland Mexican dominate

(Highland Thai x 1960's Mexican - Colombian) x 1973 Highland Guerrero / Blueberry

Mrs. Perfume Skunk
Highland Mexican dominate cross with Destroyer (DS x HMBB) significantly improved the flowering structure of Highland Mexican.

Mr. Perfume Skunk pollinated four Punto Rojo females yesterday. A few Punto Rojo x Destroyer/Highland Mexican seedlings sprouted this week.

Mrs. Perfume Skunk cured ~ four months, smoking very nice. Destroyer also adds a cleaner more spacious high from the Highland Thai genetics in Destroyer. The high is spiritual, and calm, with psychedelic vibrations, the energy flow is a combination of spacey, calm and tripping. Makes you feel life is much better. And so it is! Close to ~ "As it should be". There if some stone and floating bodily sensations. Energy is soaring out the top of my head as I focus on this keyboard, which is abstract. Increased heartbeat and lots of energy with a feel good vibe very blissful. Pleasant rolling wave like energy thru my body is psycedelic. Increased sensory awareness makes the world a big fun place!

Mrs. Perfume Skunk combines well with Punto Rojo. Punto Rojo is a spiritual strain. The high is "As it should be" Punto Rojo is blissful in a natural and peaceful, but its not a feel good and groovey as the high from Mrs. Perfume Skunk.

The high has a psychedelic vibration, but does not increase mental activity. Thoughts and energy flow like a river without increased thought production, euphoric, expansive, sensory perceptions are intensified and psychedelic.

There is a connected energy to your world, sunlight, clouds, and the sky appear magical - similar to Don Juan's concept of seeing. (Seeing = an energetic and direct connection to your world and environment).

Last edited:

Croissant

satva you are a connoisseur most definitely. That distinction between spiritual "as it should be' or "as it is," and the feel good a groovy makes total sense to me.

I would like to propose another distinction 'motivating' which would obviously have many subdivisions. The obvious paradox being the couchlock high that gives you the munchies, it motivates one to eat but not to to want to move to go eat. Another is the racy thoughts which motivates one to think but it is if the thinking is being done to you autonomously. When people typically describe a motivating high they tend to focus on the motivation to be doing something and typically that involves an anxious compulsion towards physical movement.

I personally prefer motivating highs that have the "get up an go" tempered with centeredness or grounding connectiveness to where if I do get up and go it is because I feel connected and inspired by that rather than feeling the "get up and go" is "being done to me." I feel like just the right amount of "as it is" added to the mix and you have my ideal high.

anyway I'm a fan of what you do with the plant, your capacity to convey those subtleties and your vision. Thank you.

satva

Veteran
"get up and go" is "being done to me."

This Destroyer x Highland Mexican pheno-type has a good blend of energy flow, magic and spaciousness.

I call "get up and go" is "being done to me." - good or natural energy flow, both Mango Haze and Highland Mexican are good for that. Even long flowering Mango Haze has a denser stone, and some comedown, but good energy flow if you keep smoking. Highland Mexican is cleaner, more natural energy with a magical connection to your world.

There is a Red Hair Mexican (?) pheno-type in Destroyer that is very centered, connected and content. Punto Rojo takes connected, centered, and content to the next level, but not much "get up and go" very clear and relaxed.

Chimera's 1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry has a physically motivating "get up and go" aspect to the high, great for outdoor activity hiking , Biking, gardening, but not mentally motivating. Highland Thai phenos of Destroyer are cerebral, clear, and great for research, thinking man's pot.

USC's Colombian Gold / Jamacian Lambsbread x Colombian Gold is close to harvest without cure, clear trichones, the high is trippy, mentally and physically, to the point of being mentally speedy and emotionally anxious. Finding your shoes, typing your shoe laces, and remembering where you were planning to walk becomes a mystery adventure trip. Before you get your shoes laced, you plan a trip to Mauchu Pichu and then Oaxaca. Then find yourself following the sun into the garden, wearing sandals and looking for a shovel.

The Colombian Gold high is the other end of the spectrum from Punto Rojo. Hopefully it will mellow out in a few weeks and even more after a long cure.

Croissant

satva it sounds like your getting into grail territory potentially with that perfume skunk x punto rojo!

does the perfume skunk retain the "thinking mans pot" quality?

The coljam sounds amazing for when doesn't need to focus on anything in particular.

satva

Veteran
does the perfume skunk retain the "thinking mans pot" quality?

Perfume Skunk feels blissful, spacious, inspiring, and mostly content with a bit of contemplative energy that's watching how everything unfolds. It's not increased mental activity for me, but if your so inclined to contemplate, watch your mind and figure things out, then a Highland Thai pheno-type is the one, its mentally clear and focused. Highland Mexican high is more blissful and psychedelic energy. Its not as clean and clear as Punto Rojo or Highland Thai. Punto Rojo x (Thai/MexColombian x Blueberry) should create a balance between, blissful feel good energy and mental clarity.

My college roommate loved connoisseur Colombian thru New York City. he was a small player in the late 1960's and early 1970's. The dark Colombians were strong mentally engaging and cerebral. That was the scene get stoned late at night hang out in coffee shops and philosophize the night away. We tried and tired, but never completely figure out the meaning of life. Some of that early 1970's Colombian had a high similar to pure LSD. Everything is a trip.

Even back then, I thought ,<vbg> without some blissful feeling, the experience of philosophy and introspection can be cold. Too much extra energy or increased mental activity is not something I'm looking for, but everyone's experience is different.

After this Punto Rojo harvest and f2 seeds, next up is

Punto Rojo -1 x (Destroyer / Highland Mexican)
Punto Rojo -1
Destroyer x Highland Mexican f2 (Red Hair mother)
Destroyer x Highland Mexican f2 (Perfume Skunk mother)
Haze x Skunk / Colombian Gold x G13 x Haze x Skunk #1 from SamS who said he crossed two different haze mothers with Acapuclo Gold. Colombian gold x G13 is Reeferman's Love Potion #1.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very detailed and precise report, I very much enjoyed reading it.

Cheers

Buddle

Veteran
Yes this report is incredible and a pleasure to read. I remember those early 70's Columbians too..
I have some Destroyer f2's , Love Potion 1 f2's and some of Shanti Mango Haze x Skunk Haze..Angels Breathe I think it is..Anyway, I will be looking for the Red Hair pheno in the Destroyers thanks to your report. Hopefully you will be around to help me identify it..

Irotas

Great smoke report, thanks. How compact does the destroyer buds uncrossed get? Most of the pictures ive seen seem very airy.

satva

Veteran
Most of the pictures ive seen seem very airy.

What you see is what you get!

Destroyer has a pheno-type with good flower structure for a pure sativa,

and other Destroyer pheno-types produce airy calyxes on a stick, no real buds, similar flowering to a Haze.

Destroyer yields a range of Highland Thai, Mexican, and Colombian pheno-types.

Highland Mexican flowers are more airy than Destroyer's flowers. Tropical sativa's flowers are airy, not dense like a hybrid. I prefer the high from Tropical sativa's / Haze, which a ceiling a step or two higher Destroyer.

I'm smoking CBG Punto Rojo and USC ColJam - Colombian Gold/Jamaican Lambsbread, both Hazes flowering into calyxes on a stick. The high from Punto Rojo and ColJam are vintage early 1970's. Punto Rojo + 18 - 20 weeks, with ColJam +20 weeks, both extemely airy flowers.

There are several pheno-types of Punto Rojo, a Green Haze, a Red Haze, and a Purple Haze.

Last edited:

Castroman

Excellent research and report, detailed and knowledgeable. It's encouraging to see in this day of Kush / OG / Chem / Cookie dominance and commercialization of breeding, there are still people who devote considerable time and skills to sativas. Much respect, they all look amazing.

satva

Veteran
Everyone thanks for the kind words and support, I'm just growing what I like to smoke.

crossiant, I tend to like gold Hazes the best and then the light green Hazes which are Clearer, cleaner and less stoney than purple Haze.

Referencing the three Punto Rojo pheno-types I've only smoked the dark green leafy pheno. Three others are still growing. Cannabiogen posts their Colombian grow pictures on the Vintage Colombian thread here on IcMag for reference. I have a Punto Rojo magenta pheno that is close to harvest and two other phenos, one is close to harvest.

The high on Punto Rojo is spiritual, 1970's mellow, feel good and psychedelic - makes me feel forty years younger, but has a relaxing comedown where you have to keep smoking or take a nap. This pheno I'm sampling was seeded more than I'd like - as a result not the best crop of haze flowers and not yet fully cured. Cannabiogen is selecting from connoisseur Colombian haze and many varieties can be found in their offered seeds.

I've been smoking USC's ColJam ~ [1980 colombian Gold x Jamacian Lambsbread) x (1980 Colombian Gold) The high of this ColJam is extremely clean, cerebral and intense. I had headaches the morning after and a mildly tripped out nervous system, after a couple ColJam days in a row. After my first ColJam high, I thought s maybe its too intense and electric. Now I like it a lot!

The ColJam high is similar to 1970's LSD-25, but of course not as strong or intense. It has a very high ceiling - no comedown, and no stone. Very cerebral, focused mental energy, electric, and intense energy flow. Not recommended for sensitive souls, anxious minds, or people prone to paranoia. This type of cerebral haze was part of the late 1960's and early 1970's culture, as much of the mellow peace and love vibe.

Punto Rojo Colombian and Colombian Gold, both +18 - 22 week Hazes have very different highs I can say that. What people call Purple Haze is probably Punto Rojo or a Purple Corinto Colombian that is strong, stoney and psychedelic energy, so not as cerebral or intense as Colombian Gold.

For reference here are Sam The Skunkman's comments on Punto Rojo and late 1960's Haze.

SamS quote:
The very first original Haze was a late 60's three way cross of Colombian Punto Rojo, a green one, a light green one and a magenta one, all different, all from Columbia, several years later I gave Thai and S Indian seeds that were also crossed to Haze, I had seeds of all of them, Original Haze, and Original Haze X Thai from off the stick gold Thai about 76 in Santa Cruz , called Laos at the time.
I spread the seeds around Cali etc and I brought the seeds with me to the Netherlands and used them to select clone parents for my unimproved Haze lines I preserved, I did not do much work to improve Haze I was trying to preserve it. The Thai and S Indiana Kerala X O Haze crosses were made by my neighbor, R.L. the junior O Haze grower that made the O Haze poster, as I did not grow much Haze until the next year. So anyway it is now pretty hard to tell but what most have was pure Colombian, green, purple, lime green, silver, magenta, blueish, I saw all this before Haze had anything besides Colombian in it. A little bit has Thai, and even less has S Indian. I will be testing the DNA of my Haze lines and clones, then we will maybe have answers about what they is and isn't, and maybe where all the best Cannabis in Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico came from? India, Africa? Asia? Time will tell.
I have found that my line is fairly inbred as it was not out-crossed except for the Thai and S Indian one year, and that was just a few plants. Most are just pure Original Haze Colombian, with no WLD Wide Leaf Drug (was called Indica) genes, zero. Because it is inbred if you do if you do outcross it the qualities are improved like vigor and potency. I have done this and seen where 16% THC Mom Skunk 1, X a 10% THC O Haze gives progeny in the 20's for THC%, try it, you will see what I mean.
P.S. I found Purple Haze to be the strongest, but the silver-blue and lime-green ones where the high I preferred, purple Haze was more physical also.
Up, clear, electric, speedy, cerebral, mental, energetic, euphoric, psychedelic, no ceiling, every hit gets you higher every time, the kind of Cannabis that gets people turning white, passing out or falling over when they stand, and getting paranoid. Some of you may prefer the same, I can tell. I have never gotten too high, I have gotten to high to walk, that's what chaise lounge sofas, Lazy-Boys and the floor were invented for. I could still smoke.....

Last edited: