What's new

Take a look. Ballin on a budget. 1st set up.

SideShowStump

I feel pretty confident about this set up. Inside the plastic are dozens of clothes hangers, hand formed in a spiral with braces crimped between here and there to maintain the form/shape. It pipes cooler air (76°F) directly into a 1000watt Hortilux Super HPS lamp. The lamp is approx. 6ft high, over an area 2ft deep by 4ft wide. One fan oscillates directly under the lamp to disperse any potential "Hot Spots". Another is placed at the bottom to pull air across the plants. The A/C kicks on every now and again and helps disperse any radiant heat hanging out in the area. Comments and suggestions? Plants are 1 month, and babies are a few weeks.

Attachments

• 1651 8 732 Mvc 014f
    1651 8 732 Mvc 014f
    23.4 KB · Views: 15

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
2ftx4ft 6ft cieling 1000w... from the pics i assume the room is larger ... for babies using 1k aint really necessary. .. and expensive... its one thing if u need the spread cuz u got room full of plant but in ur situation its a waste of power and money to have 1k burning over 4tiny plants..dim it down or get some floros for now.... best advice is ditch the miracle grow... get some good dirt n basic nute regamin to follow...u went big got yaself a 1k get a better soil !!!!! Mg is not for mj... yes it will grow u some shitty pot but one bag of foxfarm or vermifire or coco will grow u aaa pot with little work... goodluck mang...

zeet

Veteran
that plant aint lookin so good for 3-4 wkks growth. Im with stoney, ditch the MG & shitty soil then you might see some results worthy of calling yourself a baller.

2ftx4ft 6ft cieling 1000w... from the pics i assume the room is larger ... for babies using 1k aint really necessary. .. and expensive... its one thing if u need the spread cuz u got room full of plant but in ur situation its a waste of power and money to have 1k burning over 4tiny plants..dim it down or get some floros for now.... best advice is ditch the miracle grow... get some good dirt n basic nute regamin to follow...u went big got yaself a 1k get a better soil !!!!! Mg is not for mj... yes it will grow u some shitty pot but one bag of foxfarm or vermifire or coco will grow u aaa pot with little work... goodluck mang...
all i use for veg is 1k,not a waste of cash my 30 day veg plants turn to monsters ,what a 1k does in veg does would take 3 times longer under a 400 longer if less than 400,
false info there
but to run under i1k ya better be dialed in mg wont cut it
18 daze from seed under ik IMG_8236.jpg nutes full strenghth

Granger2

Veteran
You've got 125w/sq ft. WAY over lit. It'l be much easier to control temps with 60-75w/sq ft. If your ballast is adjustable take it down to 600w. Good luck. -granger

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
all i use for veg is 1k,not a waste of cash my 30 day veg plants turn to monsters ,what a 1k does in veg does would take 3 times longer under a 400 longer if less than 400,
false info there
but to run under i1k ya better be dialed in mg wont cut it
18 daze from seed under ik View attachment 319041 nutes full strenghth

I didn't give bad info to him... i veg under 1ks to but look at ur space... n mine... bet there bigger the 2x4... large plants more plants. im just sayin runnin 1k for 3 seedlings is a waste of money.. especially on a budget... he also got an ac turnin on n off to cool it... his budget may hit the fan when he gets his first power bill... hope he not runnin 24/7.... all i know is if i were him on a budget... i would ditch the 1k...

i run 2k in a 5x5 flower
for veg 1k a bit bigger not much
if dialed in and ya got the feel 1k is the way to go
the bad info is a waste of money and space thats untru ;) no disrespect

Last edited:
It's better to exhaust air out of the room rather than pump in air. You want to maintain negative pressure in order to control odour. Also, pumping in outside air risks pulling in unwanted pests.
i prefer 2 ventalation systems
1 to cool the heatfrom light (loop)
2 keeps the room where i want it
after almost 10 years ive found your gonna have critters no mater what ,fans got shit to do with it preventive maintenance is key
odor controls a diffrent aspect imo

Perpetual Nooch

Ideally, yes, he should cool his light with a closed system. Separate intake from outside, cools the light, then exhaust immediately. The fan should still be sucking the air out, not blowing in.

If he's using a fan to pump air into that room with a bunch of plants in full flower the neighbourhood is going to know about it. He just won't be able to stop the smell from leaking out from every nook and cranny of the room and his house.

I'd also move those clothes out of there unless you don't mind them smelling strongly of weed.

I didn't give bad info to him... i veg under 1ks to but look at ur space... n mine... bet there bigger the 2x4... large plants more plants. im just sayin runnin 1k for 3 seedlings is a waste of money.. especially on a budget... he also got an ac turnin on n off to cool it... his budget may hit the fan when he gets his first power bill... hope he not runnin 24/7.... all i know is if i were him on a budget... i would ditch the 1k...

agreed 1k aint the way to start ,missed that part ,no disrespect
get some t8 for veg the 1 k will up the electric about 75 a month and for 1 or 2 plant isnt worth it

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just fucking wow. Easy up fellaz. He's not claiming to be a vet and tmi will over whelm a newbee quick. We all fucked up royally in the beginning. Throw the guy a bone and let it be. Just sayn :dunno:

zeet

Veteran
Right you are SmokinJoe,
SideShow: sorry if I came off as rude, there is some good info here so take the criticism as constructive and play along. Hope to see you stick around and share with us the progress of your grow. If you need any help or pointers along the way, you've come to the right place as there is a massive amount of talent and knowledge on this forum. Welcome to the party!

SideShowStump

I'm just scrounging up what has been donated. Can't afford to do hardly anything for a week or 2. So I'm stuck with the 1k and the miracle grow. Hopefully they'll make it until I can change the medium out and get some different lights set up.

SideShowStump

How long do I have before I absolutely have to start worrying about the smell? It shouldn't be much if a problem here. But it might be at another location.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
All plants have that plant smell but u wont start stinking till week 3-4 flower but that is very strain dependent...
I hope u dont take what i say as rude i just wanna see ya successful n safe... fire safety is very important and shouldnt be slacked on... 1ks r hot... they can blow shooting extremely hot glass into that makeshift cloth duct u got... instant fire... joint makes an excellent point bout metal ducts...but definitely dont fit into a budget or temporary category....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
agreed 1k aint the way to start ,missed that part ,no disrespect
get some t8 for veg the 1 k will up the electric about 75 a month and for 1 or 2 plant isnt worth it[/QUOT

Its all good i new u must of been missing the 3 seedling part....

Latest posts

Latest posts