What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Compliant CLS

here now be

Hey guys,
I am currently working to build out a fully compliant state of the art concentrate processing facility that will operate in Colorado under MED compliancy. As a result I am limited to only psi Peer Reviewed Closed Loop Systems that have been inspected and considered safe for a Colorado market that I am allowed to place in this facility. This has led me to choosing between a variety of systems, but I have some very basic processing requirements I would like of the machine, namely passive run cycle, a 5 lb material capacity, and the ability to run butane at cyro temps.

These are the machines I have been led to:

The Precision Extractor PX-1

This is at the moment my first choice, but reading what information I could find here on icmag has me a bit cautious. Chinese welded? Poor quality chiller as well as smaller than ideal hoses and connections for passive? Clogging issues in the dewaxing coil technology? These all seem like possible deal breaking issues, as well as the company not being located in Colorado makes it difficult in the event of problems arising while production is in full steam. However the jacketed technology and ability to attach a heater and chiller of my choosing is pretty crucial, and something I would definitely like to see in whatever system I end up choosing.

The Incredible Extractor

This notorious extractor was my original plan solely because of my experience using them prior and the efficient rate at which they passively recover, but the more research I do the less drawn to these systems I am. Having used one a few times I found it very capable of meeting my needs, but found the operation a bit dated. Ice buckets and tall machines, as well as necessitating freezer storage has brought about issues for potential compliancy and operating problems in the forthcoming years. This system made me very comfortable with nitrogen assisted operation, but I feel it will fall majorly into obsolescence without some serious and probably costly improvements. They are Colorado based which is a huge plus.

Beyond these machines I start having major operation issues with other peer reviewed systems.

The Sweet Leaf 3-IN-1 is supposedly a Colorado compliant machine, however it only has a 1lb processing capacity. I have not been able to get an answer as to whether the Elephant model is also considered safe for operation in the Colorado market.

The EmoTek ObeDOS and the ETS LHCES-1200 are both dedicated to running in conjunction with a recovery pump, also they have smaller capacities than I would like so for these regards I would prefer to stay away from these systems

If money was a nonissue and you could build out a lab of your dreams what system would you choose as to remain as far ahead of the curve as you could? I know the BizzyBee systems are bound to come up, and honestly that would be my first choice if they were in production and fully peer reviewed and inspected for Colorado. What would be your major concerns in choosing a closed loop system?

Thanks so much for your advice, and if this is an already discussed topic please delete this thread. I searched but could not come up with anything of this nature that was up to date.

Pressure Safety Inspected Listed Systems

I Smoke Dabs

Bizzy Beast looks like a superior setup If only the avg joe had the loot to drop on one of those all at once. Precision Extractions is made out of china and dropped shipped, even though I am a noob on here too and not in much of a position to give any advice I can tell you that's a fact 110%. So if the PX1 is one of your choices you should just order all your parts from china to get setup. I am not trying to bash Precisions name at all, they do happen to have quality customer service from what I've heard.

I Smoke Dabs

Bizzy Beast looks like a superior setup If only the avg joe had the loot to drop on one of those all at once. Precision Extractions is made out of china and dropped shipped, even though I am a noob on here too and not in much of a position to give any advice I can tell you that's a fact 110%. So if the PX1 is one of your choices you should just order all your parts from china to get setup. I am not trying to bash Precisions name at all, they do happen to have quality customer service from what I've heard.
Also if I'm not mistaken I've been told from Murphy Murri over at ETS that people do indeed run the ETS passively and they just like to offer pairing it with a recovery pump, as I think you can almost configure any system to run passively.

here now be

I agree with this in theory, however if buying the machine through Precision guarantees me the customer service they claim to uphold as well as the "extraction knowledge" they offer to share, then it is almost worth it to purchase it through someone who has some experience in assembling and running them rather than going rogue and building the same device from the ground up

Also if I'm not mistaken I've been told from Murphy Murri over at ETS that people do indeed run the ETS passively and they just like to offer pairing it with a recovery pump, as I think you can almost configure any system to run passively.

I ran an ETS at another kitchen for over a year and my major issue was the capacity. Putting 2 lbs in that machine is honestly a stretch, and the kilo runs they claim its capable of is damn near impossible. I personally would like to stay away from smaller capacity systems.

GOML13

I'm personally waiting for bizzy to get peer reviewed with his new sight glass...

Starting to burn a hole in my pocket.