What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaica: There and back again.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Well, went to jamaica for a day last week while on a cruise.

Had great time there...spent time roaming the hip strip, eating from side alley hole in the wall place (conch curry[came out hotter than it went in] and rice/peas) and having red strip beer. I find it very comparable to budwieser.

And speaking of bud...this was the only disappointment I found while there.

I looked at multiple small samples of bud offered by many dudes. I first took the taxi to a "kiosk". At first they thought that 60US was normal for a 2 grams tops. That was way too much and told them so and started to leave when they came down to 25 for 2 grams. I told them I was looking for a sativa not an indica/sativa hybrid. They looked at me like I was from space...not a comfortable feeling. So after looking at several samples I choose one and went to Margaritaville (yeah I know commercial). Before going in I went to the park about 120 yards down the street to roll and smoke my newly scored bud.

It had a great fresh smell and look but it was clear it was crushed too make it appear more dense. It was dry and it smoked well. However, it tasted ok but the buzz was not what I was expecting...by a long shot. It was a Danish hybrid not very much different then what is available here in N.Cal.

I found the next two samples which I will not say how much I payed to be on the same par as the first sample bought in a different part of town.

Fortunately, I had much better buds back in my room safe. So, I finished what I had before going back to the boat at that little park and listened to my ipod and sat inthe sun next to the beach.

And onto what was up with the ship and buds...firstly, I brought a ticture of massive strenght (3/8oz of tops and 4 grams of honey oil in 3 oz of alcohol) that a teaspoon under the tongue gave a decent buzz in 10 minutes and stayed strong for a few hours. The burn was a drag.

I also took about 1/3oz of pre-ground cherry pie from last years harvest. I simply taped it to my shorts and opted for a pat-down at TSA and of course they do not search you (except a metal detector and x-ray take-on luggage) walking onto the ship.

I packed a plastic dugout and an aluminum cigarette looking bat (https://www.vaporstore.com/prodimages/smokers-survival-kit-1.jpg) in my luggage so when I was able I just went up and found an isolated spot. It can be somewhat of a task at times but clearly can be done.

I would be remiss if I did not say that the aluminum cigerette is the best thing for stealth in an open area and I was at the end smoking with the others and no one was the wiser. You do have to clean it regularly for optimum function and stealth but was great to have it...

SInce I had to go through Customs on the way back I knew I could not risk trying to bring the dugout and bat back with me. I gave it a fitting end though as I went out on deck the morning we had to leave and fired up a number of times and got thoroughly stoned. When done, I pitched the dugout with about 2 grams of bud and the bat into the Mississippi River as a sacrafice to the bud gods:).

Had a great time and got a bitchen tan. I consumed less food and beer this time which is good for me.

My sweet wife and I are booked on a two week cruise in February to the western mexican coast.

I will likely do the same thing.

On one note, while going through Customs on the way back, I did see a guy hauked off in cuffs....do not know why but likely drugs as he was in a room next to where you pick up your luggage.

I of course was clean coming back.

No problems...just use common sense, don't advertise and is good.,

minds_I

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
haven't been in quite a while ...used to go when I lived on east coast....glad you had fun and were safe....yeehaw

oldog

Intelligent post. The guys who sell weed here dont know what you are talking about sativa/indica. You need somebody to help you buy. You can buy 4 buds of very gummy weed for J$250 (about US$2.25) if you are Jamaican. Even a white one :))
Nothing you can do about it. Jamaicans get screwed back when they travel abroad. Its the curse of the tourist.

W

wegobigupnorth

it is not "legal" bro. Do not say it like that, it makes it sound like you can purchase and smoke weed freely in Jamaica which is most def not the case. They did just get MEDICAL laws where it is legal for each house hold to grow 5 plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts