What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

collective meds 2015

jdkronyk101

greetings all... just getting up and running here... ill try to be as active as possible on here.. but with as little time as i have i may have to keep most of this short and sweet.
recap from 2014 , "last season"... new location and really a budget run. after securing a spot there wasn't alot left for materials so we did the best we could. we ran Chem Dog, Sour-d, O.G., G.S.C., Bambu, and High Mtn H.O.G.
we put in 25 full season holes/boxes and 2-deps. we ran a little late getting the keys to the gates in may, deps in by mid june, and full season by late june early july.
ill include some pics and then later this week ill detail all the improvements/changes....

heres the Chem boxes

building the hoops

Sour-d

Last edited:

jdkronyk101

so heres our line up for this year

Deps:
O.G.
Sour-D
Bambu
gsc

both deps had 20yds mountain mix added. they are turned and ammended . have been watered in , and are ready to plant...

Full Term
True Bambu(bamboo)
Barker Valley Deisel -x- Pina(pinya)
Kashmere -x- Pina(pinya)
Pina(pinya) -x- Pina(pinya)
T.C.V. -x- Blue Dream
Rainbow Sherbert
High Mountain H.O.G.(Hawaiin -x- O.G.)
Z.K. Burmese Kush
Trinity County Sour D.O.G.(Sour Deisel -x- O.G.)

all of which are our own seed F-1 crosses, or cuts of an F-1 cross.
currently being selected/culled for health/vigor, smell, and stature... all about knee high in three gallon pots. they are in a 12x30 prep house with supplemental lighting...

there are 12- 4x8 boxes & 10- 3x6 boxes all 2' high... left over from last year amended and ready to go...

we've added 8-400g smarties and 6-300g smarties...

my base is called mountain mix plus:
Ingredients:
Base Mix (rice hulls, mineralized sand, mushroom compost, agrow compost, sawdust)
Coco coir(washed)no salts
Lava Rock
Perlite
Earthworm Castings
Iron sulfate
Copper sulfate
Zinc Sulfate
Kelp Meal
Feather meal
Glacial Rock
Green Sand
Crab meal
Alfalfa meal
Oyster shells
Azomite
Lactobacillus activated microbe tea

i had 2 large 1.5 yd totes of organic chicken manure added. as well as 200lbs of oystershell, 100 glacial rock, and 100lbs of soft rock phosphate. this was mixed extra into every 50yd load.

i will add 4lbs Dr. Earth 4-4-4 and @lbs Dr. Earth pelleted to each hole.

i will be brewing compost teas with a fish base and molasses in 500gal batches every 3rd to 4th watering.

i will be using Terra Biotics line of organic foliar products...grow, bloom, jackpot, and cal phos(replaces cal-25).

Last edited:

jdkronyk101

all of em...damn... when i preview the post they are all visible...sorry chief ill see if i can work that out...
anyone else having this same problem with the pics?

jdkronyk101

thx Schrews,
last year was a shoestring budget kind of thing, kinda just gettin my foot in the door at the new locale... this year im a little better prepped. bunch of more soil, some bigger pots, and good genes for sure.
ive enjoyed watching your motherlode, kinda brings back memories of tom's thread where i kinda got my start in this online freedom of information sharing thing, watching guys like Butte,Phil, and Byf get down at what they do best.as we all get older wiser and better we hope it shows in our work for sure. looks to me like you've nailed the big plant technique. im gonna see what i can do in those 400g's and we will see what comes of it. dust or glory...
personally im hoping for glory! but as most of us know its a dusty road to get there..

jdkronyk101

prep work finishing up!!

smarties 400's in black 300's in tan.. almost full!
had 50yds of soil delivered. moved it downhill with a bobcat. and with a wheelbarrow from its resting place to the holes.

deps ready!20 yds each tilled and ammended.

prep house full!!

2015 lets do this!

Last edited:

jdkronyk101

heres jun 15th ... I finished first cages and driplines by the 20th..
first foliar in big pots the 17th
first feed the 20th
pmi 23rd
second feed the 26th
more pics soon!

on the hay... it seems this little trick can cost you if you skip it in my area. and its cheap. in the early summer the sun can cook your soil up to 16-20 inches down. upwards of 100f plus on a hot day. you have to remember that soil is dark and absorbs heat well. the sun will inhibit yor root growth. many around me scoff at this little trick, and claim "dont worry my plants will shade it all out when they get bigger"...and they will... but you loose three weeks of veg waiting for that, and in the end at 7-10$ a bale for straw its a no brainer. those crucial three weeks can double your yield...or more..period.

Last edited:

jdkronyk101

heres from the 17th!
pinya -x- blue dream in 400's

pinya -x- barker valley deisel 300's and gsc in boxes

close up of 2nd cage over the top on a kashmere kush

Kashmere Kush 300's in tan
Pinya , and Pinya -x- Blue dream 400's in the background in black
2nd cages going over the top on the left row

jdkronyk101

right now watering every third day drip system clear water.
twice a week compost tea, dr. earth liquid, soluble kelp, and mykos root soluble.
once a week living stone organics foliar grow and calcium 33
scratch in every two weeks on each,
6 cups dr. earth pelleted
6 cups dr. earth 4-4-4
6 cups pelleted bone
6 cups mocha bat

EastBayGrower

Veteran
very nice my friend, living the dream :) I'm only doing a backyard version of your grow, but would love to get a piece of land next season and do some real 300 gallon smarties (only in 45gal now).

I love your soil mix (much like mine, link in sig) and i do topdress/scrath in religously, both for nutrients and as an IPM, I use Neem, kelp meal, and EWC/humus all the time and maybe some guano, frass, and other goodies once in a while...

I;ve found that top dressing a plant really utilizes the whole container space for the roots, they develop thin "feeder" roots to absorb the top dresses... thats how it would be in nature... shit dies, roots grow up to absorb and feed, and grow down for water..

I would love to pick your brain on what it takes to get a piece of land (how quickly, cash on hand, locations, ect..)

PS would love to see some more pics, stay safe and GL

jdkronyk101

hey e.b. thx for stopping in. its nice to have some company.
i just added neem meal yesterday..the smell kinda reminds me of coffee. i top dress every two weeks minimum. i picked up my soil in bulk and amended the rest. i mix teas twice a week. i think the blend of top dress, clear water, and top feed works out great.i just put in 5 gsc forum cuts for the head yesterday smaller pots..65g smarties.
real estate is a tricky game. its not the piece of land you are looking for. there could be 10 pieces that are the right one. its the right seller you are looking for, combined with the right neighborhood/neighbors. best time to buy is right now through late aug. and right before christmas. 30-50k down , and 60-90 day escrow and you are in almost anywhere in cali. mendocino and humboldt command a little more $ sometimes.
ill help if i can. great luck to you as well! ill get some more pics when i can. most likely post after 2nd cage on all levels..maybe next wk.
peace,
j.d.

RckyMtRdnk

Great looking...everything...I mean...damn! Crushin it! Can't wait to see it all blow up on Ya! Thanx for sharing!

Big-Narstie

Wow. Thanks for making the thread and creating sweet dreams for me. If I put up a pic of my view from the office you'd be instantly depressed. Why I dream a lot lol.

I'll be watching from the uk.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Latest posts