What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best jack herer?

hey guys looking around for some jack herer seeds. more looking towards regulars.. as they'll probaly be used for a breeding project.. after looking i found sensi has them for $20+ where as a lot of other companies are selling it cheaper. but i trust sensi a lot more..

so whats everyones oppinion on the best jack herer?
its such an amazing taste. my mate brang me some "obsession" not knowing anything about this obsession i smoked some and said thats nice it has jack in it. after looking i was right..

thanks guys.

Sensi invented it so their beans are the original.

ahh i didnt not know this.. make sense.. you think if i send them a nice email they'll give me a pack for free. ha ha just messing. i think its going to cost me around $280 plus postage to get a 10 pack sent to me. but the beans i can make from them will be worth it.. thanks mate. and ill also try have a look at karma jack #22 thanks mukuku.

any other oppinions still welcome. thanks guys..

i had an amazing jack herer from sensi in '00. the seeds came through kind seed.
only got one plant out of the pack, but it was worth every penny and then some.

lost that cut in 06 and when i tried 2 packs from sensi in '10, i did not have good results.
the plants were similar, but not nearly as strong or tasty. it really did not give me the impression that it was still the same cross. ive heard people reccomend trying jack flash to find the good pheno in there...but why couldnt it be found in the original?
maybe it is still in there, and you just need to search fthrough more, but i dont think seeds that high priced should need any searching to find plants you are happy with.
you pay top dollar to save yourself wasted time with inferior plants. it really sucks when you pay top dollar and still waste time with inferior plants.

SSH is supposed to be the same recipe, maybe using different selections. you may get lucky there. and MNS customer service beats sensi any day.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Sensi invented it so their beans are the original.

Not really, Nevil did the first NL#5/HazeC and Skunk/HazeC crosses and the original recipe. So it's Mr Nice and not really Sensi the original gear I guess. The thing was that later Dronkers bought the Cannabis Castle and got Nevil's strains but neither him nor Arjan did anything but using this genetics as their foundation for their seed companies I guess.

Plus when the dutch laws on outdoor seed production changed, most seedbanks were raided and lost their original parent plants. That together with the shitty bulk closet breeding made all classic dutch seedbanks went down the road since the 90s/2000.

I've read mixed reviews on Jack from Karma and Sanie's to be honest. But that or maybe getting SSH from Mr Nice (or even C99) could be even a safer bet for such standard NL5/Haze or Skunk/Haze commercial hybrid. Then you have the Amnesia, Mango Haze, Super Lemon Haze and others, you won't really notice a big difference between them.

Vibes.

awesome thanks guys.. i might have a look into the SSH. i wanted to use the jack to breed with something with a shorter flowering time... keep the jack flavor and cut down the flowering time.. im thanking you guys for replying with good info.. i was hoping this thread would build a bit with peoples comments on good and bad jacks.. appreciate it guys..

what would you guys say of the high of SSH compared to jack herer?

You may want to look into dinafem critical+jack . Sounds like what u are aiming for by their description. They used sensi stock jack herrer. I got one on a recent order but have yet to pop it so I can't comment on how well it follows their description....they claim fat jack herrer buds in 55-60 days. That would be nice.

You may want to look into dinafem critical+jack . Sounds like what u are aiming for by their description. They used sensi stock jack herrer. I got one on a recent order but have yet to pop it so I can't comment on how well it follows their description....they claim fat jack herrer buds in 55-60 days. That would be nice.

hmmm interesting.. i'll check them out.. that does sound good and would make things alot easier.. and i would say dinafem are average price..so this will work out well..
thanks for the info there mate..

b8man

Veteran
what would you guys say of the high of SSH compared to jack herer?

Jack H IMO is great for wandering around and exploring with an energetic, clear, long lasting, slightly rushy effect. SSH was more stoney and speedy and stronger with lots of phenos to pick from and a much more lemony flavor. They both have that philosophical edge to them.

SSH I feel burnt out on after a long smoke - JH is more an all day every day strain.

Jack H IMO is great for wandering around and exploring with an energetic, clear, long lasting, slightly rushy effect. SSH was more stoney and speedy and stronger with lots of phenos to pick from and a much more lemony flavor. They both have that philosophical edge to them.

SSH I feel burnt out on after a long smoke - JH is more an all day every day strain.

awesome question well answered there.. and from what you say i would be leaning more towards the Jack herer.. appreciate your detailed answer on that one mate..

Max Headroom

Veteran
i wanted to use the jack to breed with something with a shorter flowering time... keep the jack flavor and cut down the flowering time.

i don't have a wealth of experience, but i've grown JH twice (sensi, HGF) and smoked it a bunch of times in amsterdam. my last grow was C-99 (commercial clone) and i have to say it is quite close to JH. i would say the high is very similar, with C-99 fucking you up a bit more (JH is a tad more functional, but not much). i didn't have the grapefruit or pineapple pheno, my C-99 tastes like a mixture between JH and Nebula. it doesn't make me tired (very important), so i can smoke it all day, just like JH.
since C-99 has several advantages over growing JH (flowering time, size, yield) i would say that you should give her a try before you go through all the work of doing your own cross with JH.

hope this helps.

i don't have a wealth of experience, but i've grown JH twice (sensi, HGF) and smoked it a bunch of times in amsterdam. my last grow was C-99 (commercial clone) and i have to say it is quite close to JH. i would say the high is very similar, with C-99 fucking you up a bit more (JH is a tad more functional, but not much). i didn't have the grapefruit or pineapple pheno, my C-99 tastes like a mixture between JH and Nebula. it doesn't make me tired (very important), so i can smoke it all day, just like JH.
since C-99 has several advantages over growing JH (flowering time, size, yield) i would say that you should give her a try before you go through all the work of doing your own cross with JH.

hope this helps.

ahh very nice.. ive heard good things about c99 by brothers grimm. and heard not so good things about the c99 by female seed.
max would you say the jack herer does make you tired? i dont mind weed that doesnt make me tired but love the heavy hitting couch locking sort of weed.. regardless i will grow some c99 though due to its popularity and there has to be a reason its popular but hearing you say it take somewhat like jack this has me intrigued..

thanks a lot for your input of this one max headroom. always good to hear from people who have smoked and grown these things.

im glad this thread has started to take off a little bit.. thanks guys..

i forgot to mention, that really good jack i had only needed 67 days.
if you get lucky like that there will be no need to cross to something faster.
but it was a special plant with sativa growth, buds, flavor, potency... there was very little indica influence on anything other than the flower time/yeild from skunk and NL5 and resin from NL5.

Latest posts

Latest posts