What's new

Liquid Karma or Nirvana

Bozo3

Ive never tried Nirvana. Liquid Karma has been pure gold for me for the past 7 years!! I use it during every stage of growth.

I would get LK because you can use it every stage of growth from seed/clone to flowering. The Nirvana, from advanced nutrients, is a bloom enhance so your only using it last few weeks of flowering. I would buy the LK and then just buy some Blackstrap Molasses for your bloom enhancer.

Price wise, I think they are roughly the same give or take a few dollars

BigBozat

Which one would you buy if you were on a budget?

They are different products, with different intended uses, as Bozo3 said.

Liquid Karma is basically a liquid kelp extract (Ascophyllum nosodum), with a [comparatively] low dose of humic acid fr. leonardite, with some yucca as a surfactant to help wet/spread/stick/penetrate. The 'boost' comes mainly from the naturally-occurring PGRS (auxins, cytokinins & gibberellins) in the kelp (along w/ the trace mins kelp typically provides). It is more of an all-purpose/all-stages-of-plant-growth product...

AN's Nirvana is more of a 'everything-but-the-kitchen-sink' soup, that has not only the kelp, humic acid/leonardite, and yucca, but also a bunch of additional PGRs from alfalfa (triacontanol), enzymes, l-amino acids & vitamins & co-factors from soluble whey protein & an unnamed yeast, an additional surfactant (Chilean soapbark), more trace mins from Azomite, etc. :edit: Also has bat guano. In terms of its inputs, it's almost like combining Liquid Karma + Pure Blend Pro [but not quite]. In terms of its intended use, it is really geared towards pre-flowering thru flowering, not necessarily all phases of growth (different PGRs are effective in diff ratios at diff stages of plant growth). And AN uses a process that is a bit less destructive of some of the inputs than the process that Botanicare uses for producing LK... and, typically, AN uses the difference to justify charging an even bigger premium price than Botanicare gets for LK...

Long story short:
If you're looking for something suitable for multiple stages of growth, go LK;
If you're more interested in [trying] to maximize pre-flowering/flowering stage, go Nirvana, I guess...

If I were on a budget (who isn't?), I would (and do!) bypass bottled nutes entirely and make my own. I'm not gonna march off on a 'bottled snake oil' rant that some others might... but, for value, bottled nutes just can't match what I can create from cheaper raw sources.
[However, there's a somewhat steep learning curve to get there...]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts