What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sand Dollar Hashish

Ollie

Veteran
Originally posted by Green Dot Labs on the www.

"A technique that uses a deep vacuum to cold boil all of the water out of the patty. This prevents the hash from oxidizing and losing its luster over time. This stuff will smell and taste the same 10 years from now.. pretty cool technique for anyone interested in
making awesome hash..

attachment.php

Here is some more sand dollar hashish for the sake of a better picture. This is from my coveted stardawg but nonetheless, its amazing. It literally snaps like a sand dollar and off gasses the funk like crazy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ice water hash > pressed patty > vac purged at 85degrees for 1 hour.

H2O boils away under full vacuum. Called a cold boil. You also have to add a desiccant to your vac oven for this to work properly. Calcium Chloride works best."​

Attachments

• sand-dollar-hashish.pdf
    523.5 KB · Views: 59
  • SDH-1.jpg
    SDH-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 14
  • SDH-2.jpg
    SDH-2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 14
  • SDH-3.jpg
    SDH-3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SDH-4.jpg
    SDH-4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Nice post.....

I have always wanted to put my wet patties in the vac, and cold boil away the water.

I'm so glad that you posted those pics, very enticing.
I will be trying this with my next spin, will do half traditional separation / dry tech and the other half dried via cold boil.

Will post results in my Resin Journal.

Thanks again.

I have asked around a while back about using one of those vacuum chamber but nobody thought it would work properly. 85 is a little high for my taste and how do you add Calcium Chloride to your vac???

amc98

Curious thing, I'm preety much in the same situation than Frenchy...Have thought about this for some time, but never actually seen anybody doing it. I've seen vacuum chamber used when dry sieving, but never with water hash. I also find 85ºC too high.

The same doubts also regarding Calcium Chloride.

Time to study now...thx for the info.

Best vibes!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts