What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kyg's Outdoor Trichapalooza

therevverend

Veteran
Very nice, I am impressed by the amount of fertilizers, oils, and amendments you carry in to your plants. When I was a guerrilla fifteen years ago the first day was work, bringing in all the plants and soil amendments. Dig the holes put them in. Check mid June for problems. Come back in late July to cull males and hermies. Come back late August for another hermie and male check. Then harvest late September. You must be breaking your back!
I'd do it in places near streams or swamps with good ground water so I wouldn't have to carry water. Carrying water is a real bitch. Out west the slugs take their share and the deer will get at it in the open. So I'd tunnel in somewhere the deer can't get to.
The time and effort you've put in is really showing growing organic is going to make a real difference in quality. The humidity and blights you deal with back east scare me. Out here you might pick something up from the surrounding vegetation but usually not.
I'm all legal medical now in Washington although the state legislature is making it harder. Here's a photo of my back yard, what is possible for you in a few years when your state gets it's head out of it's ass.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61315&pictureid=1476241
My tallest ones are pushing nine feet. Makes a real difference when you don't have to worry about the neighbors telling on you. Ganja Rebel's 5 G's strains get huge, got a few of those. And I get outdoor seeds from northern California friends. It might be worth looking into for you, I'm sure Cali strains would kick ass in your area.
I like your strain selection but I can tell it is hit and miss. And with the time and energy involved in guerrilla farming the misses sting a bit.
Looking forward to watching how things turn out for you, hoping the boytritis rains hold off until middle October this year.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Very nice, I am impressed by the amount of fertilizers, oils, and amendments you carry in to your plants. When I was a guerrilla fifteen years ago the first day was work, bringing in all the plants and soil amendments. Dig the holes put them in. Check mid June for problems. Come back in late July to cull males and hermies. Come back late August for another hermie and male check. Then harvest late September. You must be breaking your back!
I'd do it in places near streams or swamps with good ground water so I wouldn't have to carry water. Carrying water is a real bitch. Out west the slugs take their share and the deer will get at it in the open. So I'd tunnel in somewhere the deer can't get to.
The time and effort you've put in is really showing growing organic is going to make a real difference in quality. The humidity and blights you deal with back east scare me. Out here you might pick something up from the surrounding vegetation but usually not.
I'm all legal medical now in Washington although the state legislature is making it harder. Here's a photo of my back yard, what is possible for you in a few years when your state gets it's head out of it's ass.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61315&pictureid=1476241
My tallest ones are pushing nine feet. Makes a real difference when you don't have to worry about the neighbors telling on you. Ganja Rebel's 5 G's strains get huge, got a few of those. And I get outdoor seeds from northern California friends. It might be worth looking into for you, I'm sure Cali strains would kick ass in your area.
I like your strain selection but I can tell it is hit and miss. And with the time and energy involved in guerrilla farming the misses sting a bit.
Looking forward to watching how things turn out for you, hoping the boytritis rains hold off until middle October this year.

yes bro its really hard work but i want to have the best weed around. when i get my shit in family/friends always comes bc they know i will have some dank week and want to buy all they can of it before i get sold out.. i got quite a bit of help from mother nature this year it rained ever 2-3 days in june and july. its usally hot as helll and dry in july. the only strains that i knew for a fact would produce big and be potent smoke was the Delahaze,Jacky white and the church. i just gotta fine 2-3 more and that will be all i grow from here on out. it will be Malawi,cheese candy and swiss cheese but i will be growing Kali mist next year as well bc i got a free pack of those from serious seeds bc of a little mishap i had with their seeds so they offered me the Kali to make things right.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I went to plot 5 today for the weekly feed. I have now switched from maxi gro to veg+bloom dirty at this plot. I'm adding 1.25ml of floralicious plus in 1 gallon each time I feed them. I also now have started using B-52 and bud factor x. I'm still adding 1/4 tap of ful-humic & silica from Bioag to my soil drenches and using ful power at 2ml to 1
Liter foliar once a week. The biggest church I got is the only plant that has had something different added to it and it's a product called golden tree. So far I'm loving this shit! Pic#1 is the dela she's starting to spread her wings and take off. Pic #2 is the second dela. Pic 3-4 is my monster plant right now the almighty church! It's loving the veg+bloom dirty and golden tree last pic is smaller church. It's really healthy so I still got hope it will produce a lot. The way I trained it I'm gonna have at least 6 top colas yummy!

B

blue_tick

kyg. I like the looks of your dela what kind of flower time does she have and what is the yield do you think she gives

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
kyg. I like the looks of your dela what kind of flower time does she have and what is the yield do you think she gives

ever year that i have grown dela she is totally done by 10th of oct i have took it as early as oct 1 due to security scare and it was still great smoke but going the full 10 weeks and its one the best strains on the planet. these bitch's yeild massive last year my smallest one was 12.5 oz the biggest was just a tad over 16oz. here is the pic last year of the smallest one. that main top cola once cured and dry was a half oz bud. i kept that big bitch for the very last bit of smoke and no one knew i had tha one lol i stuck that staight in the personal jar. u cant go wrong with dela,its easy to trim,potent and massive yeilder and super mold resistant and bacterial leaf spot dont hurt it either. these pics was took last year around the 20th or21st of sept. i harvested her around the 5th or 6th of oct. trimming is so easy on this strain...just a few clips of the big fan leaves and its done and ready for jar. i love this strain idk why more guerillas have not tried it. it will still be standing when everthing around it is molding and looking like death

B

blue_tick

kyg. where did you get them from breeder and distributer. I need to get these for next season. are they fem or reg. beans

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
kyg. where did you get them from breeder and distributer. I need to get these for next season. are they fem or reg. beans

i got mine from seeds man website. they are the cheapest there that i have found bc u get 450 loyalty points when u sign up then for 24hrs a month u get 15% off all orders. they also give 15% more discount for any of these 15% off BANK TRANSFER/CASH/BITCOIN DISCOUNT. i get them all to come in packs so i know that im getting the real deal.ya man get these im telling u they will be great for u and the FL sun

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
That Church looks awesome. That might very well be a pound plant, if not more.

I have a theory about training plants. I've noticed whenever a plant is topped it seems more susceptible to winds; it's structurally not as sound as the Christmas tree shape.

The lower to the ground the split is, the more stable the plant in theory. It might be the ideal training regimen to FIM the plant VERY early on and then just supercrop after that a few times.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I went to plot 1 & 2 this evening to give them a spray of bud factor x,greencure, and sns244. Everything is looking really good. All the plants at these plots are flowering with some a bit more ways ahead of one another. Pics 1&2 is the dela which is looking just like it did last at this time. Pics 3&4 is the flowering biddy. She's 2.5 weeks into flower so I'm assuming mid sept for her. She's already smelling and sticky as fk. I found a snail up in the buds hiding so I took it out and stopped it into the ground. I put copper tape up around the stalk and anything like twine that in using to hold the plants I put a rin of copper around that as well. Here's the pics guys!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Here is pics from plot 2. Had to put copper tape there as well just to be on the safe side. I'm really loving this biddy. It's gonna be done around 3rd to 4th week of sept. It's looking like it's gonna be a nice yield from it.
I think I have found my 6 elite strains that I want to grow ever year as my insurance strains. 1. Delahaze 2. Jacky white 3. Ace Malawi 4. Kali mist 5. Cheese candy or Swiss cheese 6. Super lemon haze. I will always do a few insurance strains for high mold resistance like church, blue berry headband, biddy early, Ghs trainwreck and special queen #1 and/or kc33 since all these strains have excellent mold resistance anyways guys here's the pics from plot 2 first one is the 9 foot biddy early. The 2nd is the sweet purple and 3rd is the church

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
That Church looks awesome. That might very well be a pound plant, if not more.

I have a theory about training plants. I've noticed whenever a plant is topped it seems more susceptible to winds; it's structurally not as sound as the Christmas tree shape.

The lower to the ground the split is, the more stable the plant in theory. It might be the ideal training regimen to FIM the plant VERY early on and then just supercrop after that a few times.

ya bro im pretty sure it will hit a pound. i have now moved plot 5 as the #1 priority plot. im never gonna top my plants again. i will Fim and super crop bc there ones that i did this 2 it would take a tornado to blow them over. when u just top them 1 time they are flimbsy as fk and want to flop over all the time. plus u lose at least a weeks growth when u top them,so i would just rather FIM and be done with it so they keeo on growing and then i start super cropping it. I hear AMS from GHS is a good outdoor strain as well but i have no experience with it. im looking forward to next year already LOL i want a few cheese strains to run and i already got them picked out. serious seeds is sending me a pack of their kali mist bc of how shitty the S6 turned out for me. im really looking forward to 2016 season already lol

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Is your organic plot very close to the other plots?

Why I ask is, I'm not sure it's the soil that is preventing leaf spot, perhaps it just isn't in that area for some reason.

I have leaf spot at plot 1 where most of my special queens are, but I have another special queen at plot 2 (along with some spontanicas) and there is NO leaf spot at plot 2 whatsoever. Same growing style at both plots.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Is your organic plot very close to the other plots?

Why I ask is, I'm not sure it's the soil that is preventing leaf spot, perhaps it just isn't in that area for some reason.

I have leaf spot at plot 1 where most of my special queens are, but I have another special queen at plot 2 (along with some spontanicas) and there is NO leaf spot at plot 2 whatsoever. Same growing style at both plots.
id say its about 500 yards away from it. all the spots im at i carried all the soil in back in early march with my 4wheeler so i dont think its something in my soil. i did read somewhere though that if u grow in different spots each year u have alot less chance to get it.
I hope so! I'm growing it outdoor now. It was a freebie :)

sweet bro keep me posted on how awesome it is bc thats gonna be on my list for next year along with swiss cheese,frencheese and freeZe cheese 89. i love a good skunky smelling strain! i been looking for something similar to the stuff i use to get in 95-96 which would just reek of a pure skunk

DJbigbud

Hey Kyg, what would you say are your top 3 consistent producers of dank buds that finish by Oct 1? Where I am, late sept frosts are pretty common and my 6 nicest plants this year havent even started flowering yet, pretty disappointing... Lot of work for nada!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I went back to plot 2 and 4 today to check on the progress of the plants since I have them a shot of golden tree and amino blast. There is a huge turn around in the plants since the last pics I took on the first. They didn't look very happy that day but wow today they are praying harder then a evangelist! Pic 1 is the biddy,pic 2 is the church and pic 3 is the sweet purple.
Plot 4 is looking great but I noticed today that I'm losing about 2hrs of direct sun from around 12-2 and that is the most important part of the sun rays to get for the plants. I will be going back to plot 4 tomorrow with my bow saw and cut the limb that is blocking me. U would be surprised at how a very small limb with just a few leaves will block the sun. I will spray my plants down with greencure, regalia,aloe and golden treein the morning..im loving this fkn Golden Tree!!i can a huge difference in just over 24 hrs with the shit.. The 4th pic is the dela and pic 5 is the critical super silver haze. I like how close the nodes are on this plant. Once those buds fill in it will have 4 monster colas on this bitch. That's it for today folks! I suspect I will be carrying alot of water this month bc August is always hot and dry.

Last edited: