What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody tried Serious 6?

two heads

Veteran
I had hoped to grow Blue Velvet feminized again this year after having great success with it last year (10+ oz per plant and ready by the third week of September), but I couldn't get seeds in time or without a paper trail. (It ain't legal yet so I still prefer to buy from a storefront with cash - in my case Scared Seed in Toronto.)

So I bought Serious 6 instead. Not inexpensive but promises a strong sativa high, good mold resistance and a September harvest, all priorities for me. But, as we all know many seed companies flat-out lie so I'd love to hear any real-world experience with Serious 6 feminized outdoors in Canada.

Thanks and best wishes for the 2015 outdoor season to all.

two heads

Veteran
Thanks Gorilla Ganja. I found that thread as well on the Serious Seeds forum. Fingers crossed - it looks like it might be a good outdoor choice.

gorilla ganja

Ya fingers crossed ,I will be testing the serious 6 outdoors as well. Last night i read about one of your previous grows in the swamp. You 2 Heads did an awesome job. Was wondering what some of your fav strains are for the Canadian wilderness?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I talked to a guy that grew out a few packs. He was very pleased. Serious has good genetics and solid breeding skills. I am sure you will be happy!

That's pretty cool about the blue velvet, that's from DP?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
im growing it outdoor door this year. its doing awesome so far! everone that i have spoke with that grew it said its damn good strain with great mold resistance. hmm i didnt know about the blue velvet i will look into that one for next season. thanks

two heads

Veteran
OK, we'll all be trying Serious 6 for the first time this year! I haven't been keeping a Grow Diary for the last few years but I'll try to at least post a roundup after harvest.

gorilla ganja, as you saw from my past grows, I have a strain I call Baby's Breath that has done well in Ontario but I'm liking feminized seed, especially in the swamp, because it means no visits to cull males and no wasted space in the containers. I was really happy with Blue Velvet and a bit surprised at how early it was. Highly recommended - but hopefully I'll say the same about Serious 6 by the end of this year!

Here are the two Blue Velvets in the swamp on September 14 of last year. These are the plants that yielded 10+ oz each. And yes, Lester, they are from Dutch Passion and fairly new in feminized form though the strain is as old as Blueberry.

picture.php

gorilla ganja

Very nice looking plants, two heads. Might have to try that one next yr as well.
Have you ever tried making your own female seeds?

smoked some serious 6 a few months back and was really nice.. i was given a selection of 4. the doctor,obsesion,serious 6 and i cant think of the other one right now.. but serious 6 was the first pot ive ever smoked that i foiund to be a little "trippy" was awesome though and the buds had good bag appeal.

two heads

Veteran
Never tried gorilla. A friend let a Baby's Breath clone go real long flowering indoors and it did finally produce male flowers but the plant was dying by the time it released pollen and no seeds were produced. I gather feminized seed is produced by chemically inducing that process?

sistatumbleweed - I've been looking for a little bit trippy outdoor strain for a while. Here's hoping.

gorilla ganja

Two heads, I'm just learning about producing female seeds but chemical induced seems to be the preferred method. Although i was reading about a stress method of root pruning to induce male flowers on the female. Sounded very interesting.
Do you feel you stabilized the Babys breath bx like you have been hoping?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
yeah i would recomend it and would love to see some pics of your outdoor serious 6 grow when grown..

did u grow it organic or use material salts? im thinking about putting my serious 6 in the organic plot i have. i can only put 4 though in living soil i bought. right now the list is critical super silver haze,delahaze,blueberry headband and jacky white.

did u grow it organic or use material salts? im thinking about putting my serious 6 in the organic plot i have. i can only put 4 though in living soil i bought. right now the list is critical super silver haze,delahaze,blueberry headband and jacky white.

sorry buddy wish i could give you more info on the grow of it but i didnt grow it myself was given some to sample from a mate.. but my guess is it was pumped full of chems knowing the guy i got it off.. but im also a chem pumping freak.. but i feel i know what im doing with it and give it more than a good enough flush... sorry i couldnt give you more info.

two heads

Veteran
Serious Six in the swamp

Serious Six in the swamp

It's been an interesting season so far. One of my sites, after more than 12 years of faithful service, was discovered and dismantled. It was close to a popular trail and I was always surprised it was never found but my luck ran out this year. That site had one feminized Serious Six and the rest were my own seed stock.

So I sure was hoping the swamp site with five feminized Serious Six would be doing well. I hadn't been since the seedlings were planted June 18. This what the seedlings looked like then:

picture.php

I do love the swamp. No wild irises this year but I did see this amazing lady slipper at the edge of the swamp:

picture.php

Anyway, I went back in near dusk on July 26 and everything is looking pretty good. Four are flowering and the fifth looks ready to start so an end of September harvest seems feasible. For plants that have received no attention they are quite large and healthy. I added some garden stakes for lower branch support, cut away the undergrowth and sprinkled more EcoSense slug bait. I took all the pictures before doing this as the light was fading. I'll probably come back in about 4-5 weeks and get a better idea of when harvest day will be. So far, I'm pretty impressed with Serious Six as a guerrilla plant.

The first pic is the garden as you enter the clearing in the swamp. You can almost see all five plants.

picture.php

two heads

Veteran
The next pics are plants 1, 2, 3 and 4-5. All pretty consistent. The last pic is a typical bud as of July 26.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anybody else still got Serious Six going in their Victory Garden?

gorilla ganja

Looking good. I like your hands off style. About how tall are they on average? Hard to tell from pics. Did you top any?
Best of luck with the rest of your season and may all your buds be huge.
Peace GG

two heads

Veteran
They range from about 4-6 feet tall. I didn't top any of them but it looks like nature may have done the job for me on at least a couple of the plants. I can only assume an animal munched on them early on but they have recovered just fine. How's your S6 doing? Flowering yet?

gorilla ganja

They range from about 4-6 feet tall. I didn't top any of them but it looks like nature may have done the job for me on at least a couple of the plants. I can only assume an animal munched on them early on but they have recovered just fine. How's your S6 doing? Flowering yet?

NO flowers yet as of last visit about a week ago. The pre- flowers have a nice pink color that I don't see in yours? I'm hoping they look like yours next visit in a couple weeks. Check out link below to see the progress.
Cheers GG

P.S. what latitude are you again?