What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spent a few hours at the Denver Cannabis Cup today

It was worth going. I was looking forward to some free samples of weed and dabs like I heard there was last year, but that didn't happen. Apparently it wasn't allowed this year.

Which sucks. :moon:

But I still had a great time. I'm glad I went. Lots of cool people and I walked around smoking weed the whole time. Everyone was nice and chill....Lots of happy stoners.

Got in line at 10 am and was inside the Cup getting high at about 12:30. My friend Eighths-n-Aces brought some great buds and bubble hash and kept me ripped the whole time.

I saw about 5 places where you could do dabs. One called dollar dabs.:biggrin: Wanted to... but they all had about 30 people in line every time I went by.

Some great smelling food cooking too but even more people in line there than the dab booths.

Best part was buying some weed from BOG. Fukin cool. Ive been wanting to find a glass blunt and I got one of those too.

Could have spent so much money there.

Was definitely worth going, even with a broken hand completely useless in a cast. :smoke:

Cannabis%20Cup%202015_zpsyeijuky6.jpg

Bog%20and%20blunt_zpsiwzulutw.jpg

Heusinomics

I didn't see ant clones for sale at the cup. But it's hard to hit every booth I one day. I did make the rounds tho.
There lots of cuts round twn if u kno ware to look tho.

Had about a dozen dabs, never paid for one?!?!...

Was super siked to see some d-nail sellers w rigs heated up. Ther were no line there b/c the rigs were for bring yr own concentrate... I got those boys Dabed the fuk out on some hp-13 terp soup pho.

Top dawg was sold out by 2:30. Sux for me but I'm super siked to see them get such good return! There were tuns of beans for sale too even tho it's not tottaly above board.
Was sup to b a seed swap here in twn for banks n sellers not in booths.

So yah shit gettin dun out here!...
Can't wait till tom!
Happy 420wknd out ther Ic;D

Pro Headies

Veteran
I ran in to BOG to, got his sour bubble, sour grape , and blue kush to sample. I hate to bust his balls but it was to moist and not finished. Let them sit out over night and there much better today. all have a euphoric stone to them that is nice.

Also ran into sfv og, gg#4, and jack herer. there outdoor cali grown. Mediocre examples i think but all have a good high.

Seen a decent amount of jars that vendors had sitting out but id say best i seen was JJs guava, smelled awesome. Wish they could have given out samples.

Headed out for freedom tour in alittle, see what a few dispensaries have to offer.

cool, how much was that gram of SB?

were there many people vending buds?

any clones for sale?

The SB was $15 a gram. He had bubble hash too for either 30 or 35 a G. I cant remember which it was.His seeds were $60. He was slinging non stop though,never saw him without a line of people waving cash.

I did see other booths with buds for sale but didn't see any that I wanted to pay $15 a G for.

Did not see any clones. :tiphat:

W

wegobigupnorth

I ran in to BOG to, got his sour bubble, sour grape , and blue kush to sample. I hate to bust his balls but it was to moist and not finished. Let them sit out over night and there much better today. all have a euphoric stone to them that is nice.

In Bog's defense, he would have had to transport/ship the weed to the event and it is much better to move it around when it still has some moisture to it otherwise it will turn powdery and also mad trichs will fall off...I'd personally rather get it a little wet then a bunch of shake with the crystals all in the bottom of the bag :)

Sounds like a great time! I was actually supposed to be in Denver and wanted badly to check it out but the trip fell through...

Isn't admission over 1k?

W

wegobigupnorth

sorry! was thinking of the judges pass I think then or some other special pass.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
sorry! was thinking of the judges pass I think then or some other special pass.

there were VIP passes that cost $2400+ this year. i'm not sure how the fuck anyone could spend that kind of cash on a ticket but i guess it depends on how much cash you have in the first place

i'm glad i bought the cheap tickets and i'm glad i went. i really hate crowds but crowds of stoners are tolerable and i think getting there early helped

i still haven't planted all the beans i got at last years cup but i got some more anyway. it's nice to get the seeds you want and not have to check the mailbox or worry about customs kicking you in the sack.

i'm glad i didn't have more money or it would have been gone

Pro Headies

Veteran
So went to few dispensaries yesterday. Got blue cheese, cindy white, and some pb ice wax. The weed is ok grown. The hash is sorta flavor less but pretty potent. Seen some pretty shaby cannabis at some dispensaries.

Grabbed some cotton panda at the cup yesterday to. Its cheese x nap sativia, its decent wake n bake.

Looked at all the cup flower entries yesterday. Only seen maybe 5 that i would say were on the level i expected of cup entries...

The cindy white which is cindy 88 x the white is the best thing i smoked here. Its got a commercial grown look but its by far best samples i smoked here.

Z

z-ro

It astonishes me anyone could have had a good time in Denver at the actual cup, what a joke it was. I only went Monday, met with a group of friends that have never been to a cup, they said they'd not go back to one. A nutless monkey could do the job better than 99% of 'vendors' at the cup. Some of the flowers I saw were truly and honestly down right laughable, year+ old bobby brown outs in a lot of jars, hour long lines for food, undercover cops walking around with bottles of lean trying to sell it to people, vendors wearing sunglasses in the cloudy weather either thinking they look cool or that they were disguised from all the Feds casing the place. The industry really is in bad shape, customer service is indescribably poor and people who shower/take a bath are at an all time low.

Not to mention Green Crack actually took a place on a podium, which that in its self, to me, says the story pretty well. LAME.

Latest posts

Latest posts