What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Electricians/landlord coming over - temporary hiding place for plants?

Hey everyone,

I have a slight inconvenience coming up. Due to some planned repairs in my building, I'll have the "joy" of welcoming my landlord and the engineers in my apartment in the first/second week of May. The problem is that I'll be in the 5th week of flower by then. They'll be here for an hour max, so the girls (3 white widows and a cheese) wouldn't have to be hidden for longer than that. Sooooooo where should I hide them? Rent a van & put them in the back? Pull some garbage bags over them and haul them in a closet/attic/basement? Anyone? Thanks in advance!!

-MM

Lyfespan

Hey everyone,

I have a slight inconvenience coming up. Due to some planned repairs in my building, I'll have the "joy" of welcoming my landlord and the engineers in my apartment in the first/second week of May. The problem is that I'll be in the 5th week of flower by then. They'll be here for an hour max, so the girls (3 white widows and a cheese) wouldn't have to be hidden for longer than that. Sooooooo where should I hide them? Rent a van & put them in the back? Pull some garbage bags over them and haul them in a closet/attic/basement? Anyone? Thanks in advance!!

-MM

Out out out, they will smell them even after they are gone. Rent truck is a great idea get them in for their night time cycle.

Out out out, they will smell them even after they are gone. Rent truck is a great idea get them in for their night time cycle.

Thanks for the answers :) I might just do that. I kinda hoped I could've escaped that 50€ extra cost but whatever, it's not that it doesn't pay itself back a few weeks later... Do you think that the plants would freak out if they would be in the dark a bit longer? Say if I couldn't move them back in straight away, and they had to be in the dark a few hours more than their usual night time cycle? I know people do this in the beginning/in the end of flowering but never heard of anyone doing it in the middle of flower...

-mm

CannabisTHC

Rent a truck is the best method unless you have a place where the landlord won't need to look. The trick to smell is buying something like a Duracell Power Pack and hook up an ozone generator to it inside the truck or fan and scrubber if your really inclined but the fan probably won't last as long as the ozone generator. Lights shouldn't matter much unless your in veg which then you would hook up a fluorescent light to the power pack.

Edit: The plants should be fine with a bit more darkness

Rent a truck is the best method unless you have a place where the landlord won't need to look. The trick to smell is buying something like a Duracell Power Pack and hook up an ozone generator to it inside the truck or fan and scrubber if your really inclined but the fan probably won't last as long as the ozone generator. Lights shouldn't matter much unless your in veg which then you would hook up a fluorescent light to the power pack.

Edit: The plants should be fine with a bit more darkness

I'm not sure where to find power packs from in europe, but if I just park the van in a secluded spot, it should propably be enough for a few hours.

Come to think of it, would it be a completely idiotic idea to just take down the tent, put the plants in a closet and hook up a fan + a scrubber in the closet? The electricians wouldn't have to look there, as it's only a maintenance check for the heaters, I'm just "a bit" paranoid about having my landlord and plants in my apartment at the same time.

-mm
-mm

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
i have done this so many times dude, every 3 to 6 months that is for inspections. for three days in a row when they were carrying out repairs i had to erect and dismantle the tent and hide 7 large plants. allot of hassle but i can continue my hobby ;)

put them in black bin bags and put them in a van, dont be worrying about light cycles, your security is more important. if its only for a short time just chalk this up as experience.

i have done this so many times dude, every 3 to 6 months that is for inspections. for three days in a row when they were carrying out repairs i had to erect and dismantle the tent and hide 7 large plants. allot of hassle but i can continue my hobby ;)

put them in black bin bags and put them in a van, dont be worrying about light cycles, your security is more important. if its only for a short time just chalk this up as experience.

Yeah, that's what I should probably do. I'm not a big fan of the idea of putting those things in the back since the weather is still pretty cold in here northern europe (even in may the day & night extremes vary between 0-15 C), and I can't probably keep the van on the whole time, but maybe I'll get a bit purple on the buds that way haha

Thanks everyone for your helpful answers!

-mm

waveguide

Veteran
not gonna tell you what to do, over the internet. lived it. but - if you decide to hide them, you can use some strategy to fill the place with another scent, eg. baking, or coffee, if you time it right maybe.

Large cardboard tubes for pouring concrete columns are an easy way to create something to put a plant in so it can be carried around with damaging anything. With a good cover on both ends we can even ship plants this way- if legal.

The smell can not be dealt with in a living space. They will smell them even if gone for a few days. Moth balls are a good way to change a smell but not in a living space.

Good Luck!

Thanks everybody for your helpful answers!

The situation actually solved itself as the only friend I trust with my grow finally got himself an apartment after a nasty breakup, and I can just haul the babies over there for the week or so that it takes to finish the repairs completely, tent and all! No need to worry about night cycles or anything that way... The space doesn't luckily smell like weed at all, because the grow is in a scrubbed tent. I'll probably crank open one of those Ona Blocks or something similar a moment before the engineers come over, just to be sure. Wouldn't want any shade of suspicion over me, eh?

-mm

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Please post plans of your house and garden, or invite me around for a meal... without local knowledge I cannot advize on hiding places!

Or you can hide them at my house especially if they are thin mint GSC!!

Hahaha, I wish I had that...I am actually planning to grow it as soon as these are finished if I can find any decent version, do you guys know if the Cali Connection GSC seed-version is legit or not?

But back to the subject... I actually have a perfect closet for hiding (big enough for the plants, power outlet & exhaust possibility), but decided it's worth the effort to haul the plants over to my friends house, as I would have to build and take down the tent several times during the repairs and deal with the stress of having unknown people right next to my grow, opposed to just putting everything in a car and driving to my friends place. Luckily this is in some weeks so I have the time to plan the transfer over and over again...

-mm

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Green grass is right in my opinion.Put them into darkness and get them the hell out of there.
If you put them in a vehicle or shed. A roof loft/Attic area with no wind you should be ok with cold temps.
It sucks but wrap them up and move to new location at night.Then brake you gear down and you will sleep good at night. Make a game plan and just do it.

Good luck

M

moose eater

Rented truck or trailer is the go-to resolution, unless you have a really trusted and safe friend with a nicely built (preferably windowless) storage shed in a relatively private spot, who's already aware of your hobby. And then you have the risks entailed in transport, which can be aided by use of appliance boxes, large totes, etc., depending on size needed.

Residual smells after the move can be dealt with via a number of ways, from open drafting through movable carbon filtration in the house, to Ozium (depending on the prevalence of odor), ozone generators, etc.

Anything takes time, but adrenaline has a unique way of speeding up the actions of even the slowest among us.

JointOperation

its a fucking hour or two bro.. grab a truck if needed or car if u can fit em.. id toss a trashbag over them during the dark cycle and toss em out. for the few hours and wouldn't even worry about it. that's nothing.. you will be GOOD TO GO .. don't worry about hermis and shit. as that really wont happen unless they are unhealthy to begin with...

X2 for the black contractors bags(50 gallon i think) from the H-D....duct tape...double bag each plant..fold bag at the top over itself and seal with the duct tape...wardrobe boxes make great temporary storage containers...you could even forgo the vehicle rental if you know the exact time frame of the visit...especially if you have a balcony...mop the floor with some heavy duty pine scented cleaner...light some candles....burn incense...

JV

Man, you guys are awesome. Thanks everyone, I'll tell you how everything went through. I think I might put them on them in the attic, since no-one ever visits there, and it's well ventilated. Or the balcony. Or something. Still considering to move them over my friends, too.

-mm

Latest posts

Latest posts