Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Exploration of the Big O...Bodhi's Ae77 Cali O X's

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Exploration of the Big O...Bodhi's Ae77 Cali O X's Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 02:55 AM #1
billycw

billycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant future
Exploration of the Big O...Bodhi's Ae77 Cali O X's

In the mid 90's a delicious mouth watering lip smacking girl crossed my path. She reeked of pure orange/tangerines spot on, somewhat sweet but with a bit of that tart acidic tone. While she wasn't a knock out end your day strain, she was far and away the most memorable tasting smokes I have ever had.

In searching for a suitable line to start from I was stoked to see Bodhi working with the Aeric77 Cali O cut. Being from the cannabisworld era I remember this being the go to cali o cut on the boards. Researching as I do I've found 2 stories of where Aeric77 got these beans

1st story-A selection of Flying Dutchman- Royal Orange which is California Orange X "the Pure"(orig sk#1)

2nd story which I found on a old site supposedly quoting AE from Overgrow- "My Cali Orange has a kind of sugary sweet taste and if you get too piggy on the inhale it'll blow your lungs up like balloons... everyone sits there smacking and licking their lips after a hit... kind of funny to watch. SCW, mine came as a present from a local grower who came here from California in the early 80's, he's been growing it since late 70's... all I know is that it matches all seedbank descriptions and is the most uniform growing plant I have ever seen... this guy spends half a year growing one crop in the woods and the rest of the year in the Carribbean laid back... I'm a newbie to this local group and the regulars don't question him so I don't either, all I know is I've yet to find any better buzz for me. Aeric77"

Regardless of origin, she seems to be the best representation of the old original Cali O around today.

Up for the adventure we have 3 crosses from Bodhi- Blood Orange(ae77 cali o x Appalachia), Satsuma(ae77 cali o x Snow Lotus) and ae77 cali o x Apollo 11

Just dropped the Satsuma and Apollo 11 in water and will be running all of both and Blood Orange has a month head start, so will start with her. Have had a hell of a time with BO planted at the same time as some Snow Wookie and Space Cakes and only managed a couple to even crack with tails so will be limited on these.

The first example I do have of BO seems to fit the description of the shiny dark leaves of cali o. Having run through some Appalachia x's haven't witnessed this expression so guessing she leans momma.

Second example of BO is this little deficient one that took a little over a week to even pop above soil and has tried to die on me countless times in its short life Starting to bounce back now but In the spirit of showing everything

Bookmarked for now with much more to come. If you have anything you would like to know or have something to add feel free.

I am a 100% Prop compliant medical patient
freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose

Old News... All things vintage

Last edited by billycw; 04-02-2015 at 03:08 AM..
billycw is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:58 AM #2
Cannavore

Cannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivor
unless bodhi just used an old baggy, that third one is cali-o x apollo 11
Cannavore is online now Quote

Old 04-02-2015, 03:04 AM #3
billycw

billycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant future
Makes total sense @Cannavore, an email had me all confused I'll try to go back and edit original post. Thanks for the correction

billycw is offline Quote

Old 04-02-2015, 06:08 AM #4
Outcold

Outcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really nice
Before OG shut down there was a seed company that sold a selfed kush and a selfed California Orange. If I remember they were called the CCC, Cannabis Collection Company or something similar. I ran their Cali Orange a few times and lost it sadly. Had the double serrations like I'm seeing in your BO.
I haven't paid attention to Bodhi's gear due to the availability and learning curve, but maybe I should take a closer look. The CO x Apollo 11 sounds very nolstagic. Does it have a proper name? Is it something I could find with a bit of looking?
I'm gonna love this thread.
Thanks for reminding me about CO

Last edited by Outcold; 04-07-2015 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: selfed
Outcold is offline Quote

Old 04-02-2015, 10:26 PM #5
billycw

Welcome aboard Outcold, thanks for the double serrations tip have read Cali o momma does that. Always good hearing from people that were around back in the golden days of forums, so much info lost.

I remember a couple companies release some of the cali o x apollo 11 crosses to C-Bay back in the day but think it was super limited at the time and never got a chance to grab them. If memory serves me correct Spice Bros did one they called Orange Apollo but cant remember if they used 11 or 13. Rez I think started one too with the same name but back crossed to one or the other, again they eluded me at the time.

Don't think Bodhi's officially released any a11G crosses that I've seen yet but have noticed a couple tests starting with a11g male. He also has a straight Apollo 11 genius line out thats I believe at F3 that you can grab now. Mota also has a Apollo 13 line thats been catching my eye for a bit, might have to grab that before I miss the boat.

billycw is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2015, 04:21 AM #6
wheredaweedat

wheredaweedat will become famous soon enough
I had my eye on that satsuma. I'll be checking it out.
wheredaweedat is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2015, 06:10 AM #7
Shcrews
DO WHO YOU BE

Shcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond repute
this will be great. i was buying Cali O a while ago, back in 2000, and i can still remember the taste/smell of straight up oranges. There was also an "orange kush" going around back then, and those were the two most orangey strains i have ever smoked.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:16 AM #8
billycw

Wheredaweedat welcome aboard, eyed her for a couple drops as well.

Shcrews - Have heard that orange kush discussed but never really could pin down what she was and she never crossed my path. One could wish though, damn list keeps growin. Always heard she was the stronger smoke, potency wise. Was already lurking your outdoor thread, welcome aboard.

I like to plant half pack at a time to word off f'up or disaster. So soaked 6 satsuma's and 5 cali o x a11g, within 24 hours all tails for satsuma and within 36 same with a11g x . Will soak the next half of pack in couple days.

Here is the first Satsuma baby up.

A little about the setup these babies will be running through. Veg is hand watered under 400mh and some fluorescent's for clone and infants. Flower room is 3k air cooled hoods (soon to be 4k after new mini split install) with 2 4x8 tables underneath running drip. Usually run 4 per light but will squeeze a couple more for tests accounting for males(will be looking for a nice orange smelling male for future use too)

I use a roughly 50/50 mix coco/perlite feeding botanicare pure blend pro veg/bloom, liquid karma. Have been adding Great white during transplants and testing Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus and snow storm ultra with current run.

Well enough talk some shots of the current flower room with Blueberry Hill and Sunshine Daydream girls filling out the net at about day 30 in flower.

BB Hill at 30 days

SSDD at 30 days

billycw is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:56 AM #9
wheredaweedat

wheredaweedat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycw View Post
Wheredaweedat welcome aboard, eyed her for a couple drops as well.

Shcrews - Have heard that orange kush discussed but never really could pin down what she was and she never crossed my path. One could wish though, damn list keeps growin. Always heard she was the stronger smoke, potency wise. Was already lurking your outdoor thread, welcome aboard.

I like to plant half pack at a time to word off f'up or disaster. So soaked 6 satsuma's and 5 cali o x a11g, within 24 hours all tails for satsuma and within 36 same with a11g x . Will soak the next half of pack in couple days.

Here is the first Satsuma baby up.
View Image

A little about the setup these babies will be running through. Veg is hand watered under 400mh and some fluorescent's for clone and infants. Flower room is 3k air cooled hoods (soon to be 4k after new mini split install) with 2 4x8 tables underneath running drip. Usually run 4 per light but will squeeze a couple more for tests accounting for males(will be looking for a nice orange smelling male for future use too)

I use a roughly 50/50 mix coco/perlite feeding botanicare pure blend pro veg/bloom, liquid karma. Have been adding Great white during transplants and testing Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus and snow storm ultra with current run.

Well enough talk some shots of the current flower room with Blueberry Hill and Sunshine Daydream girls filling out the net at about day 30 in flower.
View Image
BB Hill at 30 days
View Image
SSDD at 30 days
View Image
Those look more like 45 or 50 days of flower. Looking good though.
wheredaweedat is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:59 AM #10
Bmac1

Bmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud of
Looking great.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - On hiatus
Bmac1 is online now Quote