Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The New Chocolate Thai

Thread Title Search
The New Chocolate Thai Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2015, 12:09 PM #1
corygreen

The New Chocolate Thai

I'm writting this to ask how can all these breeders Chocolate Thai be fake or are they all different phenos, I say that because a lot of people say it was early water as an excuse cause there chocolate is not the one that actually has the correct taste... Leads me to believe this more a pheno thing like DJ's blueberry because the real mecoy has been offically lost so everything that gives off similar smells is considered chocolate yes it has it in there but through inbreeding and crossing the magic plant has been lost yet to be recreated by those who dare.. Or is their a magical time period where a plant cant adapt a smell and a taste and if it is what make it so locked in it can be replicated through reproduction

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:33 PM #2
EExtinct

EExtinct will become famous soon enough
I believe as with any strain you would have to find the right pheno, I'm sure you can even find chocolate smelling and tasting plants from strains that aren't related to chocolate Thai too
EExtinct is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2015, 09:18 AM #3
corygreen

Yes I am sure I can but were to start I was thinking coco puff x chocolope but for some reason I'm suspect they both could possibly be something else cause the old-school coco use to smell exactly like hersey chocolate taste and smell and was all brown there was a lighter and a dark version both brown where that chocolate

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:32 AM #4
corygreen

I remember a time in NY at a patty shop myself and a couple of buddies got some of the pretties brown chocolate smelling and tasting trees i ever tasted and I been searching for that version it had dreamy long lasting effects chocolate taste smell color and effects, most this stuff today is pretty, but lacking in the areas I stated one way or the other

Old 05-31-2015, 03:07 AM #5
corygreen

I think hazeman cocopuff fits the bill ass the New chocolate thai it's 75 percent chocolate

Old 11-29-2015, 02:11 AM #6
corygreen

I like chocolate so I though this would be a nice place to speak of the chocolate thai strain but I guess everyone had enough of all the imitations myself also I even had stuff said to be 100 percent chocolate that didn't live up to that old school chocolate thai that smell of loud Hersey kisses and taste the same no I'm no master breeder but I do have good taste in buds a passion to grow the healthiest most elite buds I can lets be real it all starts with a seed, until you plant the seed were just guessing...

Old 11-29-2015, 02:26 AM #7
HidingInTheHaze
Banned

HidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud ofHidingInTheHaze has much to be proud of
Chocolate thai is often a confused term. There is 2 known types of chocolate thai, there is the 70's 100% sativa from thailand that DJ short and the old timers talk about, then there is Dutchflowers "chocolate thai" which if you read the description of the seeds they used to sell they were made mystery genetics. I think almost everything sold as choc thai is probably from dutch flowers version.

Dutch Flowers - Chocolate Thai

We obtained Chocolate Thai from growers in Hawaii (who also sourced our Lemon Thai, already offered here). The Chocolate Thai had a classically thunderous, soaring high that immediately won everyone's preference. Unfortunately, the superb quality came with a 14 week flowering period price tag. The buds were incredibly aromatic and resin coated, but very spindly, with strings venturing on their own out of the thin main floral cluster, giving it an overall skimpy braided look. Curious structure, definitely landrace looking, but hardly productive even outdoors. Our Chocolate Thai source had warned that to obtain a reasonable yield outdoors, his method was to crowd many plants in a limited space outdoors, in a style reminiscent of hemp grown for fiber.
HidingInTheHaze is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2015, 02:27 AM #8
Ready4

Ready4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud of
The old Chocolate Thai was outdoor grown and probably sweat cured or cured in mass amounts. To try to duplicate that taste
with an indoor grow is probably not possible.
Try growing any of the contenders outdoors in an environment that will allow it to fully finish and then check it.
A friend grows Chocolope outdoors every year, it has an incredible rich taste and incredible potency.
Ready4 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:39 AM #9
Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond reputeScrappy-doo has a reputation beyond repute
Chocolope is great but most phenos have a melon profile, though a few have found chocolate apparently. Chocolate Rain by eskobar is supposed to have locked in the chocolate pheno.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299402
Scrappy-doo is offline Quote

Old 11-29-2015, 03:52 AM #10
Mick

Mick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingInTheHaze View Post
C I think almost everything sold as choc thai is probably from dutch flowers version.
I once had a B52 pheno that reeked of dark chocolate. Strong, awesome smoke that yielded great but wasn't particularly sativa. I used to open the jar just to smell the chocolate.
Mick is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.