What's new

please help!

Snype

Veteran
The problem is that your pictures aren't showing up. I can only see imaginary plants. Make sure to include as much information as possible to get a good diagnosis of whatever problems you are having.

Snype

Veteran
I can only see plants in my head. Maybe you have it set to private or friends only.

Snype

Veteran
I can see them now. You didn't provide any details so I'm going to take and educated guess since you are new here. You are probably feeding every watering. That's one of your problems. You should only have to feed every 10 days or 2 weeks. The rest of the time you just give water because you seem to be using soil. The soil will hold your nutrient feed within the medium.

Your next problem is mostly pH problems within the soil. You've been feeding too much and probably letting the soil dry out some times which helps create salt issues which lowers your pH.

You can easily see if I'm right by checking the pH and PPM of your soil by slowly watering your plants until about 100-200mL of liquid comes out of the bottom of the pot. Collect that liquid and check the pH and PPM of it. Your soil pH should be between 6.0 - 6.5. I like the soil to be 6.4 for best results.

ekomswon

Sorry no im using sunshine advanced mix #4. Advanced nutes conni a+b big bud and bud candy. I was using "hard water" 340ppm without nutes but it is the ph perfect line. Im guessing its my water which i already switched to ro but i didnt have these problems for the first 30days so maybe salt build up or under feeding(friends opinion) but def could be ph problem.

Snype

Veteran
Sorry no im using sunshine advanced mix #4. Advanced nutes conni a+b big bud and bud candy. I was using "hard water" 340ppm without nutes but it is the ph perfect line. Im guessing its my water which i already switched to ro but i didnt have these problems for the first 30days so maybe salt build up or under feeding(friends opinion) but def could be ph problem.

The pH perfect line doesn't mean anything. Just another gimmick for the masses. It takes 2 minutes to check the pH and PPM of the soil to find out your issues. These are very common mistakes that take 2 minutes to find out. There is no way that you can magically know what's going on in the soil without checking.

Snype

Veteran
I would agree but i already flushed them with ro water right when that happened.

I don't see how a flush with water would have any effect on your pH within the medium. I check soil pH every week on every plant in the house even when there are no problems. You should get used to checking your pH at least every 2 weeks.

The dolomite in your soil is most likely gone so it's going to be harder to maintain a good pH range within the medium. Happens to me all the time.

Snype

Veteran
Good to know. You probably had salt build ups but you flushed so you should be all set and see progress in a week or so. When salts build up within the medium you can water your plants with a medium nutrient strength until you get lots of run off to get the salts out. IMO flushing with water is going to take away the balance of nutrients for the plants which will take longer to recover.

ekomswon

So next time should i feed full strength? I havent gave her anything above half strength or is "medium strength" more like quarter strength?

Snype

Veteran
So next time should i feed full strength? I havent gave her anything above half strength or is "medium strength" more like quarter strength?

To try and estimate what full strength would be I would have to take more variables into account like how big are the bulbs, how close are they to the plants, amount of CO2 and environmental factors and strain. I'm not familiar with auto flowers and don't know how they eat.

Feed charts on bottles and feed charts in general are very basic and are usually made to sell you more bottles.

But for basics, I don't go over 2.1 EC for plants under 1,000 watters on heavy eating strains. For 600's I'd go lower. It also depends on what weak you are in. Once you hit peak florescence you don't need lots of nutes.

The best way to know how to maximize you plants is to record all the data that you can think of. Especially the pH and PPM within the medium. You should be able to see how your plants eat over time and get a better idea of how high to go on the nutes. That's one of the reasons I record data.

ekomswon

Im in week one of flower going on week 2. Week 7-8 total. Under 2 600 watt air cooled lights that are about 18" away and they are cold to the touch. The air in the room is refreshed every minute. The strain is dinafem og kush auto. I mixed 200mL of conni a+b. 45mL of big bud and 45mL of bud candy in 25 gallons of water and consider that a little over half strength. Thats what was given in the first week of flower

Snype

Veteran
Im in week one of flower going on week 2. Week 7-8 total. Under 2 600 watt air cooled lights that are about 18" away and they are cold to the touch. The air in the room is refreshed every minute. The strain is dinafem og kush auto. I mixed 200mL of conni a+b. 45mL of big bud and 45mL of bud candy in 25 gallons of water and consider that a little over half strength. Thats what was given in the first week of flower

Hard to know nutrient strength of what you are giving if you don't give it in PPM or EC form from your meter. Some nutrient companies charts can be as high as 4 EC which is too high an half strength of that would still be too high for 600's at 350-400 PPM of CO2. I'd probably around 1.5 EC for what you describe that's 750PPM (at .5 conversion) and 1050PPM (at .7 conversion). Meters use different formulas so you should know the conversion of your meter if it doesn't measure in EC.

Also it also depends on how often you are going to give nutes and size of the pots. There's so much to consider that it's best to collect data if you want to know facts. That's the best method that you could ever use. No feed chart is going to do your work for you.

ekomswon

Ahhh this got me nowhere. All my other plants are fine. I take it that this strain is just sensitive to nutes and i gave a little too much. The flush already helped so im just gonna run with it and lower my nutes next feed