What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana can provide many health and medicinal benifits when taken...rectally?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Good News Hippies!

This is a common reaction to the suggestion that cannabis can be used as a suppository. Rectal administrations (suppositories) have an unfairly bad reputation in North America, despite the diverse benefits they offer. This article aims to educate about the advantages associated with the rectal application of cannabis and provide a simple set of guidelines for the effective use of suppositories.

There are many advantages to the rectal administration of cannabis not afforded by other routes. Medicine may still be administered even if the oral route is impaired (e.g., due to vomiting, an injured jaw or throat, or gastrointestinal difficulties) or disallowed due to the oral intake restrictions that are frequently required both before and after surgery. Avoiding the gastrointestinal tract also prevents first-pass metabolism by the stomach and liver, which break down many different molecules into their constituent parts (including Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, otherwise known as THC), and allows the active constituents to reach the blood in much higher concentrations.

In the case of THC, the liver transforms around half of what is ingested into the significantly more psychoactive metabolite 11-Hydroxy-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol. While not harmful in and of itself and potentially of therapeutic benefit, this molecule causes much more intense cognitive effects than THC. Rectal administration not only avoids these effects, but also allows a much greater proportion of THC to eventually reach the blood stream. This increase in overall efficiency is also shown in the different levels of bioavailability that different administration routes afford, as seen in Fig. 1. Rectal administration also allows for medicine to exert effects over localized ailments (e.g., hemorrhoidal tissue, inflammation of the rectum, or tumors in the rectal cavity). This form of use also has a much faster uptake than oral administration (around 10 minutes, on average) and leads to more consistent blood concentrations of the active constituents. The speed and reliability of their uptake combined with their circumvention of many of the issues surrounding both ingestion and inhalation make rectal applications an excellent addition to both new and pre-existing therapeutic regimens.

Read More Here: Lots of graphs and stuff
http://www.alternet.org/drugs/backdoor-medicine-cannabis-suppositories-save-lives

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I don't always use Cannabis... but when I do Its up my anus!
Nigga please stop I swear I am going to wet myself ROFL... best thread of 2015 so far... is it april 1st already?

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
This new method of ingestion sounds right up my (back) alley :biglaugh:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Wanna get really high man ?

um sure

here go in the bathroom with this supository and come see me (if you can walk) in 30 minutes ....

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I dunno 'bout this. it would surely take away a lot of the fun of passing a joint around.. "bend over, dammit! it's SHOTGUN time!" talk about getting smoke blown up your ass...:biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because rectal/colon tissue has a a network of vascular structure(vein/artery/capillary system), suppositories are used to absorb medications for pain, nausea and other maladies if a patient cannot swallow being too weak, radiation on esophagus, stomach etc. It works!!!

Never tried a cannabis suppository, but it would enter the blood stream as a rapid rate.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Because rectal/colon tissue has a a network of vascular structure(vein/artery/capillary system), suppositories are used to absorb medications for pain, nausea and other maladies if a patient cannot swallow being too weak, radiation on esophagus, stomach etc. It works!!!

Never tried a cannabis suppository, but it would enter the blood stream as a rapid rate.

I used to use them for migraines when I was MUCH younger because I got so sick that I just threw everything up...

G.O. Joe

Veteran
You know that was written by and for the dispensary that is the source of the suppositories - sound suspicious at all? They're trying to create a market for dubious doobie products of theirs. THC HS in the graphs on that article and others they've had made, is THC hemisuccinate, the rectally active form that they aren't using because they don't have it and can't get it, maybe never heard of. They fail to hint that buds or hash in cocoa butter isn't THC HS.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lmao...fucking doctors yo....always trying to make a new way to put things up your ass. :D

peace-T-