What's new

Springbotch 2015 - Fun In A Polytunnel (Spanish Section)

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
That´s all very nice but i need bud pictures from 2015 ;)
I´ll wait here until they come :)
Thanks for sharing, that PowerKush made go down memory lane. What´s that the very potent spanish hack? I did love that one.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Caribe (Cannabiogen) Another free seed, this plant impressed me with it's vigour and beauty eary on in veg, but then became a bit lost in the jungle of plants, but it's been quietly doing it's thing, producing some incredibly sweet sticky sickly fruity bubblegum resin. Smells so good that more than once I've been halfway back to the house from the polytunnel and I've had to go back for one more sniff. Amazing. Selected as a mum.
View Image View Image

Cheestral (underground seeds). The last of the regular seeds to show sex, very slow and didn't really get to start flowering properly. Nice structure, good resin production on what flowers there are. Smell is what I would describe as 'classic' or 'rasta's armpit'. I'll give it another chance outdoors, with PCK in the mix it should be pretty hardy.
View Image View Image

all are looking great bro! ive added the carbie to my list for 2016. i had been looking at it previously but didnt pull the trigger on it. its suppose to have great mold resistance as well. Im on the hunt for a great guerilla cheese strain and so far it seems that Delicious cheese candy or nirvana swiss miss are the 2 front runners for that. i really like delicious alot though. i have great a different strain from them ever year since 2012 and all have been pretty good.

The English Cut

Rotten Panda rosin

Rotten Panda rosin

how did the rotten pandas turn out TEC?

Thanks for asking, turned out pretty much like this:

picture.php

I'm going to do an update sometime soon, I know I've been super-slack on here but that's all to change soon. Things have been crazy here but with the bad weather we're having I should be able to get on it soon :) In the meantime this is some lovely RP rosin made from whole plant bubble hash. Lemon and ginger tasting, initially really bitter/sour lemon but fading to a lovely sweet candy aftertaste. Packs a punch too, but the flavour is superb. I've entered some in a cup, we'll have to see how it does. fingers crossed. Peace TEC.

The English Cut

Nice polytunnel. I'll be watching, good luck on your grow.

Thanks man, it's all in the bag now, so to speak, I just need to post the few pics of the plants finishing that I took and some bud shots etc.

I'm currently gearing up for my second bash at a spring photoperiod grow, this time with clones rather than seedlings to see if I get a quicker flowering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice to see you around English Cut ;)

Your extractions are excellent! Looking forward to see pics of the plants if you have the chance. Best vibes and good luck at the cup.

The English Cut

Nice to see you around English Cut ;)

Your extractions are excellent! Looking forward to see pics of the plants if you have the chance. Best vibes and good luck at the cup.

Thanks dubi, I'm working on sorting the pictures right now. I ended up using 4 different cameras throughout the season so it's not easy!

Thanks for your kind words about the hash & rosin :biggrin: and you were right about the Bangi Haze hash, it is indeed superb but unfortunately there wasn't quite enough to make the weight for an entry so i went with the Fatty Bubba. It's very smelly and melty.

I got word today that my entries arrived safely for the cup, so it's just a waiting game now, it's out of my hands! I'm very happy with the quality though, very happy indeed.:peacock:

Hey TEC

Really interesting thread,

I'll be watching again this year

Thanks
GA

Cheers GA, Thanks for visiting! I'm expecting bigger things this year, but pics of last year's season's end are soon to come, I hope you'll pop back in for a look :)

The English Cut

Okay then, so time for a quick resumen...

last update here was far too long ago, I hadn't even harvested the plants from the polytunnel. In the end I managed to get a semi-decent amount of buds. I didn't weigh anything, some plants reacted less well to the increasing photoperiod and produced very little while others weren't too phased and budded up fairly well. I can't be too specific here as it's all a bit of a while back now so I don't remember many details.

Some of the plants that took longest to start flowering didn't produce anything before they re-vegged, I remember Rotten Panda and Fatty Bubba both did this, so I wonder if that's some kind of recessive trait inherited from their common ancestor Orient Express? I say recessive as both Orient Express plants I had flowering managed to produce a smokeable amount of flowers.

My favourite, taste-wise, from this round was the Bubba Kush x 90s Hashplant (Bubba Hash), producing some tasty, sticky and stony little buds despite the adverse conditions. Bangi Haze did nicely, Caribe produced a little jar-full too, as did one of the Nepal Jams. All told I'd say the whole experiment was a success and if all goes to plan I'll be repeating it this spring with clones. But the real show, the real reason for all the preparation was the summer outdoor bumper grow...

So step back in time to early June, by the time I'd chopped the last of the plants from the polytunnel, the clones I'd taken from them in March were more than ready to go out in the ground semi-guerilla style. The soil in the outdoor holes had been ready for a while, some of them have been in use for 6 or 7 years now, with 2 years of no-till, while other holes were newly prepared earlier in the season.

All plants were fed with compost tea, botanical teas (nettle/comfrey/horsetail/dandelion and others) were top-dressed/mulched with compost, kelp, comfrey, alfalfa or straw. Sprayed in veg with neem oil/aloe ipm spray. That's pretty much it apart from spring water.

Here's the Bubba Hash clone 19/6/15 about 2 weeks after planting out:
picture.php

same plant on 15/7/15
picture.php

28/7/15
picture.php

17/8/15
picture.php

Looking through my photos, it seems that it was at some time over the next few weeks after this when things got crazily busy and I stopped taking pictures until some time later.

The next photo of this plant that I can find is from a friend who brought his superior camera round for a session on around 7/10/15:
picture.php

Very singular colours on this one. Very singular nose too - spicy, floral, fuel, pine resin/woody aromas from the flowers. A really special plant. Other than this one in the ground, I had two more clones from the same mother in 15 & 20l pots outdoors that i could move into the polytunnel with bad weather and these were able to go a bit later, into the third week of october, while the larger one came down at the end the first week.

The English Cut

a bit more Bubba Hash

a bit more Bubba Hash

Now for a couple of dried bud shots, about 3 months cure. Quite clearly not shot with a posh camera, oh well:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Absolutely one of my favourite smokes from this grow, seriously heavy indica stone but at the same time very much fun and happy. Rich, intense flavours, all the pine and spice of the aroma comes through in the taste.

I made some bubble hash with some fresh frozen buds and sugar trim but it didn't turn out amazing - I'd need to give it another go (I'll definitely be growing this again)

On the other hand, it's proving to be great flower for rosin, not sure of the exact yields but higher than nearly everything else i've tried, could be the highest, I don't know, I don't have accurate scales. Some pics of the results:

picture.php

picture.php

This is one of a handful clones I've managed to keep alive indoors throughout the winter, it's been neglected and it's not looking pretty but it's tough and will be fine by late spring and ready to go back outside. Can't wait to get growing it again.

More updates to come soon, as and when I get some budshots taken. Thanks for looking, check back, peace, TEC.

The English Cut

Violeta

Violeta

Violeta, from feminised seed, started in a pot in the polytunnel, transplanted outdoors first week in June. Hardy, vigorous, taller than I expected despite being topped twice, super-dense buds, a little botrytis in one of the largest buds, probably from damage sustained when one of 2 main stems snapped in heavy wind. I should have done a better job tying her up.

Intense fruity smell. Deep, rich forest fruit and red wine flavours with an earthy moss touch and a bit of acid - lemon and faint red wine vinegar. Very nice heavy yet pleasant high, equal head and body, not fuzzy though. Definitely stronger than I'd expect from purple bud. Incredible colour, dried buds are pretty much black with specks of white frosting.

A really lovely plant all-round - in looks, aroma, flavour and high, a winner. Resilient too, a clone of this has sailed through the winter looking great, I think she'll be ready to be flowered in the polytunnel by the beginning of March.

3/6/15
picture.php

19/6/15
picture.php

15/7/15
picture.php

28/7/15
picture.php

17/8/15
picture.php

The English Cut

Violeta

Violeta

7/10/15
picture.php

Dried buds, 3 month cure in glass jars
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's the good stuff right there. Great work dubi.
Peace, TEC

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks The English Cut for posting some of your results from past season.

I'm glad you had the chance to keep clones to make another round of the genetics in the main season.

The Bubba Hash and Violeta flowers are appealing :yummy: and the hashes were excellent. Rotten Panda super tasty and strong, the Bubba Hash oil yummy, pleasant, really addictive hehheheh and the Bangi Haze hash wow! Really crazy and strong, must be careful with this one.

It was a pleasure to meet you in person and to enjoy a nice paella together :)

Green81

Veteran
Great flowers for last years outdoor and seriously looking forward to your Spring crop. I was thinking.. Have you tried vegging the clones under 24hrs and then straight to the polly tunnel to flower them out, would the drastic change in the photo period should kick start them to flower?

G 81

The English Cut

Thanks The English Cut for posting some of your results from past season.

I'm glad you had the chance to keep clones to make another round of the genetics in the main season.

The Bubba Hash and Violeta flowers are appealing and the hashes were excellent. Rotten Panda super tasty and strong, the Bubba Hash oil yummy, pleasant, really addictive hehheheh and the Bangi Haze hash wow! Really crazy and strong, must be careful with this one.

It was a pleasure to meet you in person and to enjoy a nice paella together

picture.php

Thanks dubi for your kind words :biggrin: These genetics are a pleasure to work with. More updates to come soon. The paella was great but the real pleasure was the company and the conversation, thanks for suggesting the meal :tiphat: I look forward to seeing you again at Spannabis. I'm taking my time about trying those lovely samples you gave me, although I have to say that the Oaxaca '79 is nearly gone... a clear favourite and the perfect traveling companion for the eight hour journey home sitting in the back of the car soaking up the scenery, a big smile on my face, very happy, buzzy weed. Thank you. I hope you don't mind if i share a picture here.

Oaxaca '79
picture.php

Great flowers for last years outdoor and seriously looking forward to your Spring crop. I was thinking.. Have you tried vegging the clones under 24hrs and then straight to the polly tunnel to flower them out, would the drastic change in the photo period should kick start them to flower?

G 81

Hey G 81, thanks for coming in for a look, thanks for you kind words too. Personally I wouldn't do 24 hours, I like to give them a few hours dark, but yeah I might ramp up from 18 to 20hrs so the difference is more drastic. It's certainly worth a go. A lot of the delay in switching into flower last year was due to them being seedlings, even though they were 3 months old, I think colder conditions had meant that some of them hadn't fully reached sexual maturity when I planted them out to the 12/12 in the polytunnel. Thanks for the suggestion :)