What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sad Droopy Leaves... PLEASE HELP!!!

Niko36

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some input into diagnosing what may be wrong with my plants. I have attached pics so take a look. They were fine until 4 days after I transplanted them into 3 gallon smartpots and put them into flower. Right after the second time I watered them in flowering. Then they started severely drooping. I originally thought that it was overwatering so have not fed them for several days now, trying to wait for them to dry a bit, but no improvements. I am wondering if maybe it is a pH problem…I am pretty diligent about watering with pH of 5.8 I did not measure the pH of my runoff when I watered last but I tested 1 plant yesterday by feeding a mixture of RO water with hydrozyme (pH’d at 5.8) and the runoff pH was 6.4 They are planted in coco/perlite mix. Is the pH the problem? What should I do? Even the guys at my local grow shop are stumped... PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

• IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 7
They look like there starving either by ph problems or lack of fertilizer. You're feeding with hydrozyme? I don't think thats a fert. So that's possible a problem.

Niko36

I gave it RO water and hydrozyme as a flush on a test plant to see if there some uptake blockage, but difference. And four days ago when they already looked like this i gave them the 800ppms at 5.8ph nothing changed so I tried the hydrozyme flush one one.... no difference..

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hydrozyme or HYGROZYME? There's a difference. Either way,if you're only feeding Hygrozyme, that's an enzyme. You're gonna need a reputable fert to get those girls going. They look awfully hungry to me with the pale green look. That drooping could mean overwatering or was that "lights out" time? Good luck.
Can you show a pic of this "Hydrozyme"?

Niko36

Anyone? Not under water in, not over watering, any other ideas? I need some help soon I'm gonna have to give them something and I'm at a loss, need HELP

Niko36

it's hygrozyme, i was just using a touch of it in RO water as a flush, fert wise i'm using Flora series.. Thats why this whole thing is throwing me for a loop..
And the pics are lights on, I just took a couple of shots under an incandescent to get the true colors ass soon as the lights went out...

and

hup234, too much light too soon???

intotheunknown

Veteran
Definitely overwatered.
you may also at the same time be looking at a light intensity issue when you put them into flower, being overwatered.
they went from what type of light- to what type of light and how close?

also, I would have let them get established into the new pots after transplant before putting them right into flower.

Niko36

Hey Blackbuds* I posted pics of the stems... What do you think of them And how can you tell overwatering from the stems?

Shouldn't overwatering issues be resolved as the medium gets dry? Its been several days and they have not bounced back... Or will they only start getting better after drying up AND THEN getting another round of watering?

Niko36

Hey Into, I had to step out a moment. I beginning think you're right on everything! Btw how can you tell the over watering from the stems?
As for the lights the went 2 600MH in half gallon pots about 4 ft away some further on a rotation... (I had mothers in the same room that got too big so I couldn't lower the lights) to 10 HPS 600s and 2 1000s and transplanted at the same time in to 3gl smart pots. I too would not and will not do it like this again. But this round I had no choice, had done the transplant and flip right away, and it had worked out ok. But I see the problem...
As far as the over watering ???? I was watering once every 4 days, maybe still in shock?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I do not know shit about coco, although I've used it but one might consider un-potting one plant and check out the roots? (<if your problem persists)then repot, they are resilient and if nothing is wrong in the root zone, she'll only be a couple days behnd the others... although I do agree with the school of thought of 'too much light too soon' and maybe overwatered at the same time when first transplanted... maybe..

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
the overall look points to root damage or pH problems. possible they were too wet then you let em get too dry and the root hairs died in between. i would just water like you did before and then water a little sooner than last time. don't over do it. you still have damaged roots.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
It is not easy to overwater Coco/Perlite. Although at transplant time, with a smaller root system, this COULD happen. The low humidity on the spectrum (at 36%) is not at all good, if the plants spent any time at that level. There may be a Broad Mite infestation, the twisting leaves are an indication. Scope under the leaves with 60x at least, look for the eggs. The bugs themselves take a highly trained eye to see. Good Luck.

intotheunknown

Veteran
Hey Into, I had to step out a moment. I beginning think you're right on everything! Btw how can you tell the over watering from the stems?
As for the lights the went 2 600MH in half gallon pots about 4 ft away some further on a rotation... (I had mothers in the same room that got too big so I couldn't lower the lights) to 10 HPS 600s and 2 1000s and transplanted at the same time in to 3gl smart pots. I too would not and will not do it like this again. But this round I had no choice, had done the transplant and flip right away, and it had worked out ok. But I see the problem...
As far as the over watering ???? I was watering once every 4 days, maybe still in shock?

Ive never actually looked at the base of the stalks to see an overwatering issue. the droopy, discolored leaves, and the bubbly look in between veins is a dead giveaway.
when putting them into flower things have to be just right for the plant, because its making a major change within itself to start flowering and the less stress the better. (ALL AROUND)
so water and light intensity need to be taken into consideration always. if using dimmable ballasts this is the way to go. gradually increase lighting over a 2+ week period.

dont look to time as a way to water, Ive gotten my ass kicked on that before. right after you water pick the pot up and take a mental note on its weight, as days go by pick it up and check its weight again, and eventually you will get the feel down for it and know when to water and when to not.

they will take a while to recover from an overwatering and light intensity issue, but they will bounce back, just give it time.
sorry if i forgot anything. in a big hurry, so i hope this helps.

Dkgrower

Veteran
They could be stressed out by the enviroment low RH and High intensity light, shocked by the transplant.

Up the watering amount and interval and pls feed them some nitrogen.

Give em some foliar spray

Niko36

Hey BlackBuds, if you're still out there I sent you a pic of the stems. I wanted to know how you can tell from them if you have an over watering problem, and b, should they get better on their own as soon as they dry up, or it's a re water maybe half strength nuts and then they get better...
Thanks BB