What's new

Cannabis Breeders Morals And Ethics

graham12

I just watched a 90 minute live science based programme on UK channel 4 about skunk cannabis or strains that have been bred specific for THC. The programme was purely fact based with no biased reporting on either side it was excellent.
The show showed clearly that Cannabis which has been bred specifically for THC has a very harmful effect on the brain.

With evidence as clear as this should cannabis breeders now change the way they breed Cannabis and reintroduce CBD to create a more even ratio ?. Should commercial breeders give themselves a cap on how much THC they put into their strains given the now clear scientific facts on the damage that these strains can do ?.

Im no Cannabis breeder just a toker and i was just curious about what commercial cannabis breeders feel about the morality of knowingly putting out high THC strains that is obviously very damaging to allot of people ?

vostok

Veteran
drugs-live-cannabis-on-trial-channel-4-3.jpg

This tv show was fairly representative of the current feeling of legalizing weed in the UK, these dicks compare the difference between smoking Hash ('normal' old fashioned weed) and the new 'Skunk' northern lites and other hi THC strains ...lol, the old guy above flipped out and couldn't continue, the young guy right I think he was wacked on meth anyways, its total BULLSH!T, as most the peeps want it legalized anyway,

The real issue here is why are the British Establishment holding out...? it don't make cents? with million of quids worth on tax to be made, why hold out, and who really cares about the down and out arab street kid with a 'cannabis addiction' he's of too IS anyways?

SCORE: 2/10 (2 as it was in color and on Ru. tv in 8 minutes) but really weak shit

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/drugs-live-cannabis

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day G12

Lite beer or Op spirits , up to you ?
Same with herb .

CBD rich herb won`t get you as high as THC only herb . Again up to you .

You want more CBD to THC ratio ? Smoke import hash .
But don`t complain when you can`t get as high as from sensimilla .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I just watched a 90 minute live science based programme on UK channel 4 about skunk cannabis or strains that have been bred specific for THC. The programme was purely fact based with no biased reporting on either side it was excellent.
The show showed clearly that Cannabis which has been bred specifically for THC has a very harmful effect on the brain.

With evidence as clear as this should cannabis breeders now change the way they breed Cannabis and reintroduce CBD to create a more even ratio ?. Should commercial breeders give themselves a cap on how much THC they put into their strains given the now clear scientific facts on the damage that these strains can do ?.

Im no Cannabis breeder just a toker and i was just curious about what commercial cannabis breeders feel about the morality of knowingly putting out high THC strains that is obviously very damaging to allot of people ?

Not biased you say.................:fsu:

whiteberrieS

With A Black Flag Raised In The Sky
Veteran
Unbiased, just that Cannabis is very bad, mmmmkay? Smell more weed, then their bullshit stands out more emphatically.

onavelzy

Veteran

since no one here saw your show apparantly, no one here can give input on what the show said. but people here can give input on what their experience with Cannabis is. It is clear from the comments here that people do not accept your claims that there are data that clearly show higher thc strains cause harm.

most of the studies i've read about show no harm. the problem in accepting claims like that show made is that there are so few objective studies out because it is not legal to do research using pot and humans. the studies put out by the Univ. of Mississippi program affiliated with the government are completely biased in their direction and design

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What evidence? Why don't you share some of those facts with us?

Seems like propaganda still works on too many people.

Free your mind. Experience for yourself - and make your own decisions as opposed to listening to television. Better yet - take time to figure out who PAID FOR the program you watched. Who funded the studies you learned about...etc.

There is no such thing as "zero bias". Even in a scientific experiment, there is a specific design in place in order to adequately address the stated hypothesis. What was the base hypothesis of the studies - ie what were they trying to prove?

dank.Frank

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
No, Channel 4 dis but out that joke of a programme. I watched little bits here and there, but it was utter bullshit.

They classified cannabis as being 'hash' and 'skunk' only, nothing else. They made the guy inhale 2 volcano bags full of vape in a very short amount of time.

Over in the UK, we are still in the Nixon/Reagan era of politics. Hard on drugs = votes. Simple as.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
No Biased my ass... watch the latest documentary "The Culture High", from the creators of "The Union: The bussiness behind getting high". Now that's a revealing and unbiased one.

[YOUTUBEIF]ryHoskV8pZM[/YOUTUBEIF]

Anyway, the THC thing is bullshit, strains don't have more THC nowadays, maybe in average they are more available or widespread so not only the elite have access to them. I've seen reports from 70-80s on thai or african imports reaching 15-17%THC. So it's pure propaganda.

Maybe the cannabis diversity dropped drastically although it's definitely not stronger but a more suitable product for the demands of the nowaday's market (harder, faster, bigger).

Cheers.

mukuku

hacking attempt of the meme cannabis
another draft of the CIA and aging Nazi forces

the poet told the truth: it will be shot down (guy beard)

Latest posts

Latest posts