What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pain threshold question

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i realize this may come off as a little strange to most common folk but at the same time it is far less squimish than folks that do crazy things like suspension and things of that sort. i already know i have a high tolerance for pain but im wondering what the masses think. i get tattoos on a regular basis with a genuine love for the pain that comes with it but i have recently experimented with putting blunts out on various parts of my body and have yet to feel any pain. i can feel my skin burn with no type of significant pain. first i did it once it it didnt hurt so i did i a second time with no pain what so ever. i left it alone for a few weeks and wanted to see where it would go. tonight i extinguished a blunt seven different times on my inner bicep which i thought would be pretty sensitive. am i robocop? it just doesnt hurt. im not sure what to think...

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Two options
1: you're batshit crazy lol
2: you're pain receptors don't work properly due to some form of neurological / nervous system disorder.

LEF

Veteran
Sounds like you are begging for an asskicking :)

Just kidding around, maybe you could become one of those monks who take on painful stuff

wgl58Qy.jpg

Its an interesting thing to ponder, they say redheads are the ones who have least pain tolerance

Midwest sticky

Have you ever been in pain?
If the answer is no you could've been born without pain receptors.

Midwest sticky

Then I would have to say neurological/nervous system disorder you should see a doctor...
Or go to work as a carny lmao.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

idk 'bout setting your ass on fire, but @ your next campfire I'd definitely try walkin' on hot coals, let us know how that works out for ya.......

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw a Genitorturers concert where Gen (the singer) pulled this dude across the stage from hooks in his chest. He kinda leaned back and slid forward when she pulled. Lol. I wondered how someone could take that. I thought he must have been on drugs or something. Different drugs than the ones I was on for that concert.

picture.php

She hung this other guy upside down from hooks through the skin in his knees. My first time seeing actual suspension.

picture.php

Maybe performance art is an option if you don't feel pain much.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Luckily I didn't burn myself alive, but I once nodded off in a chair whilst on Quaaludes with a lit cigarette between my fingers. Didn't feel a thing when it burned right between my index and middle finger. Felt it the next day though . . . fuck ouch!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have high tolerance to pain..i also have several burn marks from hot metal,welding and ciggies...... I won at the burn game many times.....put arms together drop lit ciggie in middle and slow cook...man that pulls arm away looser...pay up sucker....yeehaw... I was a wild child

DemonTrich

Veteran
I seen that Genitorturers concert in fla about 20-25 yrs ago. she freaking gave some dude a PA (price albert) on stage. was kinda F'd up.