What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NetAtmo Temp/Humidity/Co2 remote monitor

ganjourno

So I recently set up this little web controller that tracks CO2, humidity, temperature and is viewable on a smartphone for remote monitoring of environmental conditions. It comes with two sensors - the "indoor" module plugs into the wall and monitors temp, humidity, CO2, and ambient noise. The outdoor module is battery powered and monitors temp and humidity. You set them up to connect to your wifi network, and every ten minutes they push an update to you phone. Another great feature is that they graph each datapoint over time, so it becomes very easy to track your environmental parameters throughout an entire cycle. I was skeptical when I first bought it, but it has been accurate and been a great comfort to keep an eye on everything when away from the ladies. Check it out:

https://www.netatmo.com

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Not accurate humidity

Not accurate humidity

Sorry here's a link to the specific product: https://www.netatmo.com/en-US/product/weather-station

I have had the Netatmo Weather station for a few days and testing the hell out of it to make sure it is accurate. Discovered from testing that the hygrometer is faulty on all these Netatmo devices. The humidity is always way off.

So returning it to Netatmo for a refund. If you see picture below you wil see on the iPhone the humidity is 46% but all my other hygrometers are showing ~30% :/

Other than that, the co2 and temperature sensors are accurate. The historical graphs are cool and the alerts work.

I spent time setting up ITTT (if this then that) which is a separate app so it will automatically call my cell phone and speak a voice message when power loss, temp, or humidity go haywire (in addition to txt alerts)

Very cool device but the humidity sensor is a known issue the Netatmo has not fixed, from there own forum posts you can see it is happening on every one they ship. http://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2072

Last edited:

ganjourno

Yes the humidity on mine is slightly off too, but it seems to be consistently off, so I just get used to subtracting the 6-7% that is is off by to get the correct reading. Not ideal, but for the functionality and remote monitoring I think this is still totally worth it, I have come to rely on this device to make sure everything is properly working and it also helps me dial in the system, for example I can see if and when my AC is cycling to better adjust the setpoints, and tell immediately if I am out of CO2, or if temps are out of range.

ceosam

very interesting product

what are you using it for? some automation? i am looking for something to keep an eye on my room while im at work

Latest posts

Latest posts