What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Med-Man Mini Table under LED's from seed.

Cecil Lebowitz

So guys and gals I been ready to attempt my first hydro grow now that its legal in Colorado since we moved here. I have grown in soil for years in the past but never attempted something on this level with LED lighting and a completely new hydro system as well.

I have done a bunch of reading and research, thanks to International Cannagraphic and its wise members I was able to make an informed choice on the way I wanted to begin to grow my own medicine.

As we all know setting up the right environment for MMJ is key to quality medicine and healthy plants.

I choose an attic location that was well insulated and afforded me plenty of electricity and ventilation options.

I constructed the room in my attic space using 6mil plastic and lumber. Sectioned off the space with a partition wall. I completely enclosed the space with black poly. I would have used white but only had enough white on hand for the table, floor, and cabinet.

I started with a blank canvas.

Following Med-Man instructions, I constructed my chamber table with spots for 9 plants. The table is 48"x42", and plumbed per MM how-to videos and running a mag drive 7 as my man pump and a 400gph pond pump for a mixer. Constructed a reservoir out of plywood and poly lined it. Built it to hold 50 gallons and fit snugly under the drain hole in the table. I am using a 6" charcoal filter with an inline fan exhausting to outside. I am drawing air into the room through a 6" duct connected to a 6" x 10" air diffuser in the front wall. Using a cruise -temp to control the temp on a small electric space heater (1300w). Keeping the room ata steady 72-76F. Its quite cold here and with the changing weather lately the cruise temp has proved itself remarkably. I am using a whole house 3 gallon capacity humidifier. Being at 6000ft above sea level we only see around 35% or lower humidity on the average. I have the humidifier set at 55%.

I have run tests with everything running and all the timers working and the environment stabilized. Been a lot of fun building this room!

Becuase of size limitations to the attic opening it has been quite a challenge to get everything up there. To accomodate I had to ditch my 120Gallon water storage tank and develop a new system. I used a couple of 37gl rubbermaid totes with lids and used a couple bulkhead fitting to connect the two together. I placed my RO water filter system on a makeshift stand and run a hose up the attic opening for the time it takes the RO system to fill the totes. allows me to keep 70-75gl of RO water on hand and ready for res top-offs or refills.

Have seeds in the starting process now and ready to place them in the nursery cabinet as soon as they sprout.

Check out the pics! More to come!

Attachments

• blankspace.jpg
    blankspace.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
  • leftroom.jpg
    leftroom.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
  • rightroom.jpg
    rightroom.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 5
  • facingeast.jpg
    facingeast.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 3
  • tableview.jpg
    tableview.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4
  • rosystem.jpg
    rosystem.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
  • lightclose.jpg
    lightclose.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
  • cabuplook.jpg
    cabuplook.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 4
  • frontcab.jpg
    frontcab.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5

Cecil Lebowitz

New updates, added some poly to cover the net pots, and got the reservoir in and the tri-meter installed.

All that's left is disinfect the system before I place the lady's in there!

Attachments

• reservoir1.jpg
    reservoir1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4
  • lookingeast1.jpg
    lookingeast1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 5
  • cruisetemp.jpg
    cruisetemp.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 3
Nice clean little setup!! IMO instead of using wool for clones i would go aero or DWC in a small container.. Then just drop them in the baskets with rocks and you wont have to worry about over saturation during the acclamation stage.. Best of luck!!

Cecil Lebowitz

Well my seeds finally sprouted, got them transplanted into the Rockwell plugs, placed under the lights, and the humidity dome.

Had to place them under my 600w LED as the ballasts' that I bought to make my own fixture in my mother and clone cabinet are crap!!

One thing I have learned over the years is never gone half a$$ on electrical or try to reinvent the wheel!

I'm going to buy some good T5 fixtures for my cabinet, why risk it.

I will update with new pics Tuesday night, should have something green by then! :biggrin:

Cecil Lebowitz

Oh yeah thanks for all the compliments guys, it has been a lot of fun putting this Grow together.

Was thinking of making the cabinet have its on fresh air supply, haven't decided yet, going to wait to see what type of temps I get with the T5's fired up 24/7.

Any suggestions for ventilation fans or other options I'm all ears.

Cecil Lebowitz

It's official we have SEEDLINGS!

It's official we have SEEDLINGS!

Well folks left to go skiing Sunday afternoon, planted sprouted seeds that morning. Got back home today around 3:30pm to some little smiling babies!

Genetics: Ok I purchased some feminized seeds from Nirvana. (5) - Feminized Raspberry Cough and (5) - Feminized White Rhino. Plus the 10 regular fee seeds they give you. I also had 13 bag seeds from an unknown hybrid that I got from some random dealer back in September 2014. It was really sticky with a marigold smell and a slight indica taste.

The other (1) seed I found in a bag of Berry White, but since the seed could have been fathered by anything who knows what I got?

Since this system and hydro is new to me I wanted to learn from seed to harvest. I could buy some very healthy clones from many local growers here in the Denver area and throw them in the table and have a good 3 week head start. Whats the fun in that? I'm not in a rush and this is totally for the fun of it and not a cash crop situation.

Therefore I decided to let my bag seeds be the guinea pigs for this new endeavor. Once I get this system down and have some confidence in it I'll start to run better genetics and start building a collection of mother plants.

So I germinated all 14 bag seeds by placing them in some room temperature RO water and waiting for them to sink (10-12 hrs).

I then placed them in clear plastic cups lined with paper towels. By placing the seeds between the wall of the plastic cup and the paper towel I am able to see the seeds progress and the paper towel acts as a wick and keeps the seed at just the right moisture level. Place the cups in a dry warm dark place and wait. 24-48 hours later I had seeds sprouting and producing tap roots. 60 hours after placing the sprouted seeds in the rock-wool plugs under the humidity dome at 78-80 degrees with 80% humidity. I have some 1" to 2" tall seedlings. 13 out of 14 have sprouted. I am using Lucas formula for CFL or FL lights, with 1mil/gl of GH Calimagic. 5.4ph, 790PPM, 68 degrees.

More updates to come, going to get my T5 fixtures tomorrow morning.

I plan to flower with just the 600w LED. The T5's are for the nursery/mother cabinet. I plan to run (8) 48" 54w T5's @ 6500 in there 2 on the top and 6 below.

Will be using 40ml/gl of 35% H202 to disinfect the system and will run it through the table for 24 hours before I transplant the ladies in there. Planning to move them in 8-10 days and then start there 18 day veg cycle before I flip them into the SCROG.

Fun times for me, thanks again to ICMAG and all you guys for all the help and words of wisdom!

Attachments

• allseedlings.jpg
    allseedlings.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 6
  • BWB#1.jpg
    BWB#1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 6
  • BS#6&8.jpg
    BS#6&8.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 7
  • BS#1.jpg
    BS#1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4

Cecil Lebowitz

I got my T5 fixtures this morning and got the nursery/mother cabinet finalized. I used reflectix with Velcro for light proof doors for the cabinet works great.

So in the lower cabinet I placed three 2 light T5 fixtures with some agromax 54w 6500k bulbs. So 316w in the lower cabinet (mothers/veg) and 108w in the upper cabinet (nursery/clones).

I moved the seedlings under one T5 fixture around noon today. Some are 3" and the rest are 1" or better, out of 14 seeds I germinated 13 sprouted and only 3 are way behind. While 4 are 3" or better.

I dropped my ppm down to 650 so as not to burn the little guys with to much nutrients.

After getting the door and the lights up in the lower cabinet I think I may change directions on my original plan. I am going to go ahead and germinate 2 of the feminized white rhino and raspberry cough I got from Nirvana. I am also going to go ahead and germinate 5 of the regular free seeds from Nirvana. Hoping to get at least 10-15 females this way of at least 4 different strains. Then I will be able to select the best of them and run multiple strains from clones in the mini table.

I'll post some updated pictures tomorrow!

:tiphat:

Cecil Lebowitz

Pics as promised, the seedlings are going on day 3-4 of there lives and looking healthy. feeding 3-5ml of 650ppm 5.8ph nutes. Temps in the nursery cabinet were reaching close to 90 degrees with the reflectix door shut, so left it open and temps dropped to 82-84 degrees.

Plan to soak some nirvana seeds tomorrow night in hopes of planting on Sunday, exactly 7 days behind the first set.

Attachments

• seedling-2.jpg
    seedling-2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3
  • seedling-1.jpg
    seedling-1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4
  • mothercab.jpg
    mothercab.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 4
  • bottomopen.jpg
    bottomopen.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2
  • allclosed.jpg
    allclosed.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2
  • seedling-3.jpg
    seedling-3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
  • seedling-nutes.jpg
    seedling-nutes.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
  • seedlings-temprh.jpg
    seedlings-temprh.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4
  • topcabcloseup.jpg
    topcabcloseup.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
  • topopen.jpg
    topopen.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2

woolybear

Veteran
Nice!

I popped some beans this week as well, will be interesting to see the progress!

I'll be putting mine in hempy cups most likely though. Someday i'll have enough room to do a full table grow!

Cecil Lebowitz

Thanks for all the comments.

Thanks for all the comments.

I appreciate all the comments guys. It's been a whole lot of fun finally putting it all together. I plan to expirement with these tables under LED's with a scrog setup, using Med-Man method as much as possible. I plan to shock flower, shock flush, massage, and shock prune them. Like I stated earlier this hydro system is new to me as is hydro indoor growing period.
About to drop the Nirvana seeds in water for the soak. Pics to come.

Cecil Lebowitz

Updates!!!!!

Updates!!!!!

Well I dropped the seeds from Nirvana, (2) White Rhino Feminized, (2) Raspberry Cough Feminized, and (5) of the regular seeds (Free ones).

I also got some clones from a local grower, going to veg these guys for one week and then transplant into the table next weekend.

I couldn't resist.

The clones are in OK shape, it was 20 degrees outside today and they were really cold when I got them. I immediately put them in my nursery cabinet under the humidity dome and closed the reflectix door to bring the heat back to 88 degrees and warm those babies up. I dosed each one with some of my seedling nute mix. I hope the Kaboom bounce back, they are the three in the middle of the dome.

the three closer to the front are Big Bud and the three closer to the rear are Day Wrecker. I choose three strains with the same flowering times 56-60 days 8-9 weeks so as to finish the first run all together.

I plan to use the beans I have popped to select good female phenos from to start the stable of mother plants. Should have a nice vegged out cabinet come time to remove this first run.

Well I'll stop rambling now and post pics!

Oh yeah did I say how much I love living in the great state of Colorado!!!!
:laughing:

Attachments

• seed-soak-1.jpg
    seed-soak-1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 5
  • nirvanaseed-4.jpg
    nirvanaseed-4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2
  • nirvanaseed-3.jpg
    nirvanaseed-3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
  • nirvanaseed-2.jpg
    nirvanaseed-2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 6
  • seed-soak-2.jpg
    seed-soak-2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 4
  • newclones-1.jpg
    newclones-1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
  • kaboom-weak.jpg
    kaboom-weak.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

ghostmade

Veteran
Sweet gear bro.just please dont ppst peoples stealth delivery methods.let them pay to learn.thanks