Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Alaska > Alaskan Thunder Fuck: Truth & Legend

Thread Title Search
Alaskan Thunder Fuck: Truth & Legend Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2015, 11:03 PM #1
shegrowsflowers

shegrowsflowers is on a distinguished road
Alaskan Thunder Fuck: Truth & Legend

So with cannabis picking up steam and more states move towards medical and recreational cannabis it got me wondering if anyone on here had any real experience the fabled ATF.

https://www.leafly.com/sativa/alaskan-thunder-fuck is about as much as i know about it.

What do you know about it?
shegrowsflowers is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2015, 11:30 PM #2
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
the original was known as Matanuska Thunderfuck, allegedly grown in the valley by that name. I got to smoke some in the late 70s, brought home by a USAF fuelie on leave. 'twas a mindfuck, verily...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:09 AM #3
ApolloAK

ApolloAK will become famous soon enoughApolloAK will become famous soon enough
Only newer hybrids are around. You wouldn't want to smoke it anyways, single digit THC is too mellow for me
ApolloAK is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2015, 01:32 AM #4
Outcold

Outcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really nice

Last edited by Outcold; 01-31-2016 at 01:32 AM..
Outcold is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2015, 01:53 AM #5
Greyskull
Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason

Greyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant futureGreyskull has a brilliant future
In 2007/8 I had a new patient that just moved to SoCal from Washington. He had spent numerous years living in Palmer...
He told me he could get me a clone of the Matanuska Thunderfuck for $X.
I gave him the money and two weeks later his friend drove down in a beat up van with a cooler holding a clone in a bcuzz block.
I also was given a Palmer dollar from a county fair for authenticity's sake... I had pics posted in an old grow thread of the plants at all stages of growth.
It's a very fast plant to grow and ripenes up in 8-9wks. Has a bit of a tangerine citrus aroma and a musky flavor that is quite nice. The stone is a creeper. I wish I would have kept it.... If I get a chance to get it again I'd love to see how she does in Maui....
Greyskull is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 AM #6
AKmedical

AKmedical is on a distinguished road
You Sir would be correct. I happen to grow up in said "Valley" for 38 years. Still live here. MTF has been gone for some time now, it was the bomb diggity, no doubt. I would be HIGHLY suspicious if someone said they "have it." I had many a good times smoking that weed growing up. She is missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
the original was known as Matanuska Thunderfuck, allegedly grown in the valley by that name. I got to smoke some in the late 70s, brought home by a USAF fuelie on leave. 'twas a mindfuck, verily...
AKmedical is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:33 AM #7
calitree

calitree is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmedical View Post
You Sir would be correct. I happen to grow up in said "Valley" for 38 years. Still live here. MTF has been gone for some time now, it was the bomb diggity, no doubt. I would be HIGHLY suspicious if someone said they "have it." I had many a good times smoking that weed growing up. She is missed.

thanks for the info
calitree is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2015, 10:32 PM #8
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
QUOTE=AKmedical;6805114]You Sir would be correct. I happen to grow up in said "Valley" for 38 years. Still live here. MTF has been gone for some time now, it was the bomb diggity, no doubt. I would be HIGHLY suspicious if someone said they "have it." I had many a good times smoking that weed growing up. She is missed.

[/quote]

I had it live till a few months ago and I still have 8 zips that's been jarred up and curing for 5 monthsI only know what I saw and this is what I saw. I started smoking and selling in 1965 and came to Alaska in 1973. I had whatever I could sent up here to sell. There were only 4 types available on the streets here then. Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican and Thai sticks or bagged. There was no indoor growing then and any outdoor growing was done by pulling tarp over small greenhouse grows to get 12/12. These were all from the seeds of the 4 strains I listed. Then thousands and thousands of young guys started flooding into the state to build the pipeline in the mid 70s. Money everywhere. This is when the first guys from Hawaii showed up with the sweet piney smelling sensimilla. There is no doubt in my mind that this is where the seed stock for MTF came from. By the early 80s it was being grown out door by pulling tarp in the Tanana and Mat-Su valleys. The biggest grows were in the Tanana valley as the Matanuska valley was a low populated backwater area then and the Tanana valley had more people and got a lot more intensive sun and temperatures. Somebody coined the name in the early 80s and the name was used to sell any and everything but if you knew the strain you weren't fooled. The largest MTF grow was taken down in the early 80s in the Tanana valley, Thousands of plants in greenhouses disguised as a tomato operation. Anyhow a disabled nam vet in the Mat-su valley got the strain in the mid 80s when indoor growing started to catch on. He kept it growing by clone till 2008 when he died and my friend got all his strains and equipment. I got a clone from him and did 3 runs with it. Same strain I remember from waaaaay back. Nice buzz but still got them damn airy buds, no matter how you grow it. I culled it. I'm on a low plant count and I'm not keeping plants for nostalgia reasons I thought my buddy would always have clones if I wanted it back but it turns out he finally wanted to upgrade all his strains, bye, bye. MTF. oh well, I still got some jars buried and when the ground thaws I'll post up some pics of the cured nugs. I'm sure there are a thousand stories on MTF and this is just mine. Right now I'm trying to get some seeds from a Ruderalis dom hybred plant that that will grow and reproduce outdoors in Alaska. It was developed in MJ research by the University of Alaska- Fairbanks in the early 80s. Some seeds were stolen. People are growing it, I want some

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 AM #9
calitree

calitree is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned40yrs View Post
QUOTE=AKmedical;6805114]You Sir would be correct. I happen to grow up in said "Valley" for 38 years. Still live here. MTF has been gone for some time now, it was the bomb diggity, no doubt. I would be HIGHLY suspicious if someone said they "have it." I had many a good times smoking that weed growing up. She is missed.

I had it live till a few months ago and I still have 8 zips that's been jarred up and curing for 5 monthsI only know what I saw and this is what I saw. I started smoking and selling in 1965 and came to Alaska in 1973. I had whatever I could sent up here to sell. There were only 4 types available on the streets here then. Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican and Thai sticks or bagged. There was no indoor growing then and any outdoor growing was done by pulling tarp over small greenhouse grows to get 12/12. These were all from the seeds of the 4 strains I listed. Then thousands and thousands of young guys started flooding into the state to build the pipeline in the mid 70s. Money everywhere. This is when the first guys from Hawaii showed up with the sweet piney smelling sensimilla. There is no doubt in my mind that this is where the seed stock for MTF came from. By the early 80s it was being grown out door by pulling tarp in the Tanana and Mat-Su valleys. The biggest grows were in the Tanana valley as the Matanuska valley was a low populated backwater area then and the Tanana valley had more people and got a lot more intensive sun and temperatures. Somebody coined the name in the early 80s and the name was used to sell any and everything but if you knew the strain you weren't fooled. The largest MTF grow was taken down in the early 80s in the Tanana valley, Thousands of plants in greenhouses disguised as a tomato operation. Anyhow a disabled nam vet in the Mat-su valley got the strain in the mid 80s when indoor growing started to catch on. He kept it growing by clone till 2008 when he died and my friend got all his strains and equipment. I got a clone from him and did 3 runs with it. Same strain I remember from waaaaay back. Nice buzz but still got them damn airy buds, no matter how you grow it. I culled it. I'm on a low plant count and I'm not keeping plants for nostalgia reasons I thought my buddy would always have clones if I wanted it back but it turns out he finally wanted to upgrade all his strains, bye, bye. MTF. oh well, I still got some jars buried and when the ground thaws I'll post up some pics of the cured nugs. I'm sure there are a thousand stories on MTF and this is just mine. Right now I'm trying to get some seeds from a Ruderalis dom hybred plant that that will grow and reproduce outdoors in Alaska. It was developed in MJ research by the University of Alaska- Fairbanks in the early 80s. Some seeds were stolen. People are growing it, I want some[/quote]

great story!! thanks
calitree is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2015, 07:05 PM #10
alaskalive

alaskalive will become famous soon enough
Does anyone here have a photo of an actual plant? Is there anyone here if they saw an actual plant, would be able to recognize it and know if it is a AKTF, mtf?
Let me know. I am suppose to have one growing now, but I have no proof that it is one.
alaskalive is offline Quote